Strong Oni Build? Tips?

So I just got Oni after finally grinding up to 9000 iri shards (getting another 9k for plague is going to kill me) and I only have base characters, doctor, and hag. Any ideas on what loadouts could I plausibly run?

On another separate note, any tips, techs, or tricks on Oni? Videos are all being kinda repetitive and unhelpful with things that aren't "use your ability".

Comments

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,407

Take tinkerer from Billy or Monitor & Abuse from doctor. As gen defense you only have Ruin from Hag. You could use sloppy for longer healing and more blood orbs. Then you could use Nurses calling or Thana from Nurse to use the extra healing time.

• nutmilk420
    nutmilk420 Member Posts: 153

Youll hate me for saying this but Basicly learn how his ability works. Meaning you have to learn all his different tricks. So I'll just go off on a list .

-learn how to track with blood orbs with practice you'll be able to tell exactly what suvivors were up to and learn there tactics i.e if you end up following bunch of orbs to the corner of the map B. You just found a "healing spot" and you can expect them to come back there and A. Someone just got heald here so there's probly 2 survivors on the closest gen to that spot.

-learn how to flick his deamon dash. Nuff said

-learn who and what to hit like if you have 50%ish of ur ability charged and faced with an injurd or healthy survivor your actuly better off hitting the healthy one to get ur deamon dash .this can quickly convert to 2 injures and a down while keep survivors busy and way from gens plus all the blood orbs you'll get.

-know how to slug with him there's a time for swinging and a time for hooking. Basically this just comes down to if you think you can get a deamon strike on another player before his ability runs out. If it seemes risky or there baiting you to a strong loop dont risk it just do the pickup an save ur power.

-and THE GOLDEN RULE!

don't get but hurt! Practice makes perfect keep you cool an dont let toxic survivors get to you. Oni can change the tide of a round in a split second an unexpected comebacks are quite possible. its so satisfying when you help that one surv do his t-bags w ur wooden paddle.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

It's a bummer that you don't have Plague's perks available, because Oni loves to use Infectious Fright and Corrupt Intervention (I'd get these two perks ASAP if you can).

Otherwise Monitor & Abuse is a solid choice for him. Other perk slots could be devoted to gen-protection, keeping survivors injured, or to tracking (less important since Oni has some basekit tracking through Blood Orbs).

Based on what you have available, I'd probably go with an M&A / Sloppy Butcher / Enduring / Ruin build. But feel free to mix-n-match that set to suit your preferences (I would avoid Thanataphobia though; it encourages survivors to heal and you don't want them doing that).

As far as actual tips to playing Oni, the biggest one that helped me get better with him was:

-Don't activate Blood Fury unless you can see a survivor (whether physically or through aura-reading) to use it on. Smart survivors will just hide from enraged Oni to waste your power, but they can't do that very easily if you were already looking at them.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

The most important perk on Oni is Infectious Fright it’s Onis best perk because this allows him to slug which is Onis best strength. The build I recommend is

Infectious Fright, Corrupt Intervention, PGTW and M&A

you use corrupt so you can get your first hit because Oni is extremely weak in the beginning so you need to slow down the beginning to get your power, Run PGTW so when your pressuring people you can regress gens and run M&A so that way you can sneak up on people to get the first hit to get your power and be more sneaky when using blood fury.

• Renfear
    Renfear Member Posts: 137

There's an interesting thing about Oni. Unlike with PH or Blight, you can aim and move at the same so his demon dash is a lot more mobile than other killers. Since your power is based off blood orbs, you want to keep your survivors wounded and punish them for trying to heal, so I go with Sloppy butcher, Thana and Nurses, then a sight perk or ruin in the fourth slot

• xEzekanarioX
    xEzekanarioX Member Posts: 378

Infectious fright is a must have on oni, and sloppy butcher is good as well, since they will take longer to heal, you will have random orbs around the map to get your power.