Why Can't People Counter Killers?

So I main killer mostly, but recently I've been getting my survivor to a decently high rank (I play with purples to low yellows) and I cannot believe how bad mid-tier players can be.

Nobody knows how to loop a Plague and I'm convinced people just run directly at her. Same thing with Legion and Myers. These aren't great killers and they're actually pretty easy to beat but for some reason, people can't seem to grasp them.

The one that really bothers me is deathslinger mostly because of how easily you can dodge him and mind game and everything but people just run straight into him while other people are being chased instead of doing generators.

Also, I know I'm not exactly red rank material myself, but I do generators whenever I have the chance, I run BT, we'll make it, sprint burst, and left behind so I'm a generally helpful player and I can loop for longer than 6 seconds.

I actually have a video of a guy getting hit, running around the short pallet loop they were at, then dropping the pallet on the wrong side against a hag... who didn't move at all.

My biggest peeve is that nobody does generators just as a general thing, 80% of my matches I have to get hatch, left behind should not be in my base kit.

Is there something I'm missing as a teammate? Do players actually improve?

Comments

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Most of survivors does not know how to loop. If gens would be little slow, possibly most of games would end with 4K. Even red ranks.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Cause survivors get babied so much they end up bad at the game.

Lowered skill threshold=easier game, easier game=lower skill threshold. Its a never ending cycle.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,188

There's a few reasons and sometimes there are rounds which feels like your team mates are running on AI from the days of the Spectrum, but there are numerous possibilities:

• Moments of panic

• Bad day at the office - they may actually be good, but it's a day where nothing seems to work.

• Lack of observation

• Distraction, both in game and IRL

• Really clever killers. A great killer can still 4k, regardless of the killer being used.

• Not understanding their opponent. Playing both sides often overcomes this.

There are many other possibilities. You seem to have been much more unlucky than me, but you can only do what you're armed with. Still, each trial offers new opportunities so carry on and take the rough with the smooth.

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

I mean I've played the game 6 months and still just about learning to loop killers and often run directly into the killers and make stupid moves.

Mostly happens if I've played the game for a long period of time so my brains just had enough functioning,.like I know what I'm trying to do, but it's going the complete opposite. Some killers are difficult to counter, but wouldn't say it can't be done.

It's either a practice situation , confidence lack ( like mine) .... also my main killer is have problems avoiding or having a success chase escape with it usually spirit or the nurse.... sometimes huntress too. I feel like the matches are based around fixing gens as apposed to saving teams or trying to cause diversions to get some gens done? .... now typing this I also feel I've lost the point completely 😂 but il let you guys correct me.. feel free 😊