The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

what’s the point of downgrading as Killer

anyone plz answer

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Please elaborate on what you mean by "downgrading"?

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440

Not that I condone it, but some people want easy games. I remember struggling with derankers when I was newer to the game, both as killer and survivor. It feels scummy but I don't think there's more than can be done about it after the dc penalty was added. Now we just get AFK killers and suicidal survivors.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753

If you are talking about depipping a lot goes into that. With rank reset every month, someone could have just not played in a while. Secondly with matchmaking being horrible, once your past r15 now you get paired with anyone during peak times so I can see certain casual killer players trying to stay in lower ranks to complete dailies/challenges/etc.

it’s also extremely easy to pip even if you get your butt handed to you, so if you get decent mm but find yourself at a level you’re stuck at and can keep getting pips, I can see some people deranking to get put in a more correct (?) spot.

but then again with mm so bad, I don’t see the point.

I guess it’s the same reason a lot of survivor mains that stream purposely keep themselves in green/purple rank to show off skills.