We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Payday and Dead By Daylight sharing a universe(Incosistent Timeline)?

Options
ijustregist
ijustregist Member Posts: 31

just like in the title, i found a image and edited to make it more sense.

... i want a discussion

Comments

• En3ermost
    En3ermost Member Posts: 298
    Options

What do you mean?

The fact that DbD and Payday have in common being both connected to L4D?

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,520
    Options

Both games were under starbreeze for awhile so I guess it makes sense

• ijustregist
    Options

eh yep. i think payday was developed by overkill? not starbreeze himself

• ijustregist
    Options

Going back on my post, i was reading lore stuff. Things bugs me;

Originally. i think there's something weird going on. Mercy Hospital(Payday:The Heist) somehow differs to Mercy Hospital(Payday 2);

if i was right Mercy Hospital(Payday 2) didn't mention Green flu; while Mercy Hospital(Payday:The Heist) does mention Green flu; somethings weird right?

Mercy Hospital(Payday 2) is a flashblack, however for Mercy Hospital(Payday: The Heist) it doesn't seem to be a flashback; at all.

It doesn't make sense for Mercy Hospital(Payday 2) to be a flashback to all Payday members, let's just say that the flashblack is only a flashback to 4 Original Payday Crew(Wolf,Hoxton,Chains,Dallas) and yes. that would make sense? if you disagree with me i will put 2 things in my mind.

1)Mercy Hospital(Payday 2) isn't a flashback, it's a heist given to 4 Original Payday Crew(Wolf,Hoxton,Chains,Dallas)

when they completed the heist; they dream of some other Mercy Hospital(Payday:The Heist) in this case. it's a conflict between two timelines.

-------------------

2)Mercy Hospital was a flashblack to all Payday members exception is, the 4 Original Payday Crew(Wolf,Hoxton,Chains,Dallas) is dreaming between two different Mercy Hospital(Payday:The Heist, Payday 2).

The part of where the flashback is only a flasback to 4 Original Payday Crew(Wolf,Hoxton,Chains,Dallas) would make sense as the 1) part.

While i was reading things; If you do Hospital Van ending in Mercy Hospital(Payday:The Heist) the outbreak will happen, in Helicopter ending it won't, for Hospital Van Ending obviously one of your crew will get infected since you will hear them coughing; even in Helicopter ending. Helicopter ending is obviously not canon because maybe the military shot the Helicopter with a missile that's the only way to give it a sense... Right?

Just like i said Hospital van ending is when the outbreak will happen. Maybe the Payday crew somehow turns to zombie and went rampage?

in the Wiki on the Green flu, i have found an interesting quote.

"The intro movie to Left 4 Dead begins with the cryptic statement "2 WEEKS AFTER FIRST INFECTION," implying that a single individual was once Infected with an unknown virus of some sort and the virus spread from there. What's not immediately clear, however, is the means of spreading the infection"-

In this case! one of the crewmates of 4 Original Payday Crew(Wolf,Hoxton,Chains,Dallas) somehow turns to zombie... but that's not the case; things get more confusing as you go to Elevator you hear one of patient that turned into a zombie screams, and run through the hall turning some Civilians, Doctors, Nurse into infected. Wether or not; Hospital Van ending part probably consist of a 1 Breaking news Helicopter recording a footage of a 1 zombie breaking out the hospital while the Military Helicopter tries to destroy the Mercy Hospital; still doesnt make sense cause the 4 Original Payday Crew(Wolf,Hoxton,Chains,Dallas) had Adrenaline that kept them alive while they are getting infected; so maybe. the time is important? so when their adrenaline was gone one of the crew gets infected; right? weird. that patient probably escaped

But! let's just say that one single invidiual was a patient, i have no idea at all! but since in the comic when Bill escape through the Hospital killing zombies this imply that one single invidiual was a patient...

So let's sum it up. Mercy Hospital(Payday:The Heist) isn't canon to Payday 2. it's a another timeline that conflict between a dream of 4 Original Payday Crew(Wolf,Hoxton,Chains,Dallas).

If BHVR explains how the outbreak happens i would be peeing in my pants but that still doesn't make sense cause Bill doesn't know about how Outbreak happens. Archive Tomes is just about explaining the memory of the killers/survivor.

• En3ermost
    En3ermost Member Posts: 298
    edited May 2021
    Options

Dunno what to say man. Never played Payday The Heist and never played Mercy Hospital in Payday 2, they probably added it after I stopped playing it.

Only thing I know is that neither Payday's nor DbD's takes regarding what happens in Mercy Hospital and in the L4D universe as a whole are not canon to L4D itself. So even if BHVR wants to explain how the outbreak happens that isn't canon to L4D unless Valve itself confirms it, which I really doubt since both Valve and BHVR confirmed that all L4D related things in DbD aren't canon back when Bill was introduced into this game.

Only Valve have the rights to come up with how the outbreak started canonically. DbD's and Payday's versions of Mercy Hospital are just what-ifs.

• ijustregist
    Options

To be honest, i like to think that this Bill are an alternate timeline, since if Bill was taken, it will cause an alternate timeline so yeah. Bill is not the original Bill you see in DBD probably, because in the Tome his outfit is different

• ijustregist
    Options

just coming back, is payday 2 mercy hospital canon to l4d? if not; then im probably reading a fake new