Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What about this game made you MAIN a killer?

PigMainBigBrain
PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

I'm genuinely curious. I picked up Pig as my go to main because

A. She has stealth, which is a mechanic I think really pops off in a game like this its absolutely amazing.

B. She has those traps which add another objective which slows the game down a little bit.

C. She has a charge, not a very big one....but just enough to make loops go in your favor.

D. She has all of the above which makes for some incredibly interesting versatile builds.

The next two killers I put the most time into are Plague (Again more built in slowing the game down)

And Spirit (Just in case I feel like playing a killer who is break neck paced and the complete opposite of Pig.

And if I was to analyze myself right now....the biggest reason I play my main is because of generator speeds...thats probably the biggest reason. The fact that I could slow the game down a little bit was huge.

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I like Legion, they are edgy and for some ######### reason I like that.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I love chaos and hate the W key, so that's why I main Blight. Also Plague, because once again I love chaos.

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587

Wriath design, lore and power made me main him.

It won't change for a long time.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Back when I was a baby killer, I mained Hag because I didn’t know the maps or how to run tiles lmao. Being able to spam traps and get teleport hits made killer enjoyable enough that I stuck with it long enough to learn how to chase properly. I hated feeling powerless as other killers, stuck chasing survivors who were so much better than me and feeling like I could never catch them.

I don’t main anyone now, I play basically every killer and enjoy all of them. I always feel like I SHOULD main someone, play them a ton and get really good with them, but I enjoy the variety.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

Nothing from this game. Reason i main nurse it's because her power is very similar to stuff i like from other games

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,522
    edited April 2021

Freddy has been my main ever since I first started playing DBD and there are plenty of reasons for that. But I think what really made me main him was how unique he was when compared to the rest of the killer roaster (prior to his rework).

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I’ve mained clown since I got the game at around Ghostface’s release.

I like having a projectile killer but my aim isn’t amazing so I found him fun to play

• xEzekanarioX
    xEzekanarioX Member Posts: 378

I was a billy main, but since he got too nerfed i moved to bubba.

I like to think that instadown killers are fair and healthy, since you have 3 lifes in this game (4 if you used DS).

I always do the same example, F13. Here you only have one life, and feels more balanced than DBD.

The thing i never understand is having too many second chances while having 3 lifes, it sometimes feel like you re inmortal.

-Going back to the DBD argument, i also feel more comfortable with instadowns, also i feel rewarded for my job.

I hate when i play a m1 killer like ghostface, because when i find that meghead, i hit her and she makes me a lot of distance, and also wastes my time even more if she drops pallets like she is getting paid for it. Too many rewards on the survivor side by just playing the game and having no skill.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited April 2021

I feel like my mains have kinda changed

Long ago Hillbilly was my main as well as Leatherface since I was new to the game and this was before the overheat mechanic/Billy's addon changes. I liked how both of them because they were somewhat chaotic but fun to use.

After that I used Doctor (before rework) because I liked the idea of having different modes on a killer. Clown was another main due to me liking the idea of his bottles and found his personality interesting.

Took a break for a few years

Came back, now I'd say my mains are Myers, Pyramid Head, and maybe Wraith. I like then as being some less often used killers. Myers I like Halloween a lot and like the idea of him (but want him to be reworked soon), Wraith I like how he can just surprise people the most, and Pyramid Head I like how he plays for the most part and have always found him to be interesting.

Unfortunately most of the killers I like get nerfed pretty aggressively lol

I just now got all killer teachables unlocked so I plan to start getting actually solid builds on each so that should be fun. I'll likely prioritize Myers (I have a feeling changes will be coming to him soon)

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

Blight

He goes fast

With an add on he goest faster

With 2 add ons he goes FAST

pingpong

• ClarityOfWill
    ClarityOfWill Member Posts: 205

Billy

Curving and a higher learning difficulty. Yeah the nerf sucked, but the core part hasn't changed.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

The ability to kill people with Reverse Bear Traps is the only reason I mained Pig.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

I would ask why not main killer? The only reasons to not main killer are the fact that the game is designed for people to survive.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

I think he meant why did you main the killer you use.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    edited April 2021

I hate iron will and dead hard. You don't have to think about them if you just oneshot survivors with Bubba's chainsaw

Also PWYF bubba is the most fun you can get in this game

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Solo survivor sucks and all my friends who played dropped it because of the grind and bugs.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Nurse because I absolutley hate the mechanics of chase with m1 killers.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

I love Blight.

-He goes vroom vroom

-He doesn't care about DS

-He doesn't care about BT

-He doesn't care about survivors holding W

-He does not care about Sprint Burst

-The mental model you need in your head to use his power is extremely satisfying.

-I love his visual design more than anything else in this whole game

After Blight I like:

Hag: She is the only killer in the game that does not care to try and chase survivors. Survivors have to come and bother me instead.

Demo: He's a big kitty cat boi and i love his clopy-clop feets

Desthslinger: I love his chase music and I love how responsive his power is.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

wraith, because he go fast

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

Maining Michael, just because he's my babe and he knows it 😍🥰❤

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

😂😂😂

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

I really enjoy most of the stealth characters but I REALLY enjoy Plague and Executioner and that's who ive been maining. Plague is just so fun, and she feels so different than a lot of the killers, Vommy Mommy all the way. Executioner as well, his torment just feels so satisfying.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

Legion

1. chaining hits is fun
    2. Injuring survivors essentially cuts your chase time in half, which helps make the game feel more manageable to me.
    3. Killer Instinct means I don't have to spend nearly as much time wondering where the rest of the team is and can make informed decisions of who to chase

As a side-main, I have Blight

1. Add-ons are amazing
    2. Pinballing across the map and getting a hit feels amazing
    3. there's just something great about how fast-paced his gameplay is.
  • GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

I mained Spirit for a while because I really loved her character and visual design. Also I think her gameplay is fun but I stopped playing her so much because of obvious reasons. I still play her some but when I do I put on garbage perks. She’s still my favorite killer regardless of unfair gameplay though.

• PureDoctorMain
    PureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341

Doctor

1. The ability to shut down loops and be oppressive is fun
    2. He was the 5th killer I tried after buying the game and I liked being able to find survivors easily
    3. Madness is a really cool mechanic that I personally enjoy and wish they would make tier 2 better
    4. That laugh makes me really happy when I play and his chase music ( despite popular opinion ) I really enjoy
    5. His lore I really enjoy reading I think its in my top three lore stories ( behind plague and hag )
    6. His add-ons and perks work so well for both his lore and power. His add-ons are imo the most balanced ones on any killer
    7. I really like his cosmetics especially his blighted one Plus he is getting a Look-See skin which is my favorite Crypt TV monster as if i didn't need more reasons to main him :)

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    edited April 2021

I don't main killers, but mainly play the strong ones such as Oni P head, nurse, and blight.

I play them because you can't bully them so easily.

They also upset a lot of people when you are good with them.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Body is 1 character too short.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Trapper - Tactical and traps equal mini wins

GF - Stealth and tactical

Oni - Cool as ****

• Soulpaw
    Soulpaw Member Posts: 290

I main pig because of a jack of all trades like power. Some slow down, some loop/mind game potential and some stealth potential. I love the idea of having multiple ways of dealing with situations and taking my time on it. Pig fits it perfectly.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

myers

• hes probably the killer that i can relate to the most
    • fun builds like jumpscare myers
    • i enjoyed the movies
    • no one really mained myers so i just wanted to stand out
    • hes not that bad of a killer, in fact id say hes B tier.
    • he takes a lot of skill to play because: you need to know where to be and when to be, you need to know when you should chase and when you should stalk a survivor
    • cosmetics, im a little biased on this one but i love his p3
  • JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

Billy, cause I only get to chase people with a chainsaw in real life for a month and a half out of the year 🎃

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

Really, before I even started playing the game I knew I was more than likely going to main killer just from my experience from other asymetrical games (mostly Saxton Hale gamemode on TF2 community servers). In Asymmetrical games I've always enjoyed being the powerful one that hunts the others down.

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

Blight because:

BOING BOING BOING BOING SMACK!

BOING BOING SMACK!

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

Demogorgon because he yells and stomps

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I main Michael Myers, aka the Shape. My reasoning is more basic I think, probably a LOT less tactical.

1. The game lists him as a HARD Killer; I like a challenge.
    2. Everyone says he is weaker, varying from middle to the bottom of the pack; I like a challenge.
    3. It is Michael "freaking" Myers, the OG, the guy who started this particular Genre.

I'm one of those people who buys a video game, and immediately sets it to the hardest level and plays it there. I don't see the point of playing and beating it on easy mode and then incrementally building it up. It takes too long to learn, and by the time I finish a game, I'm ready to move on to the next one. One of the reasons I love DbD is that I'm playing against real people, and every match is a bit different because of it. I'm sure it will take me far longer to get bored of this one. And while I picked Michael Myers as my main, and set my first personal challenge to getting to Rank-1 with him, and him alone as my Killer, I stayed with him as my main because I love all the very different Builds. Moreso than any other Killer, the Builds play radically different.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

Me too, I don't really main one but I've been playing as nurse a lot because I like how elegant/ graceful she looks while using her power, and floating around.

The first time I ever saw her she gave me an unholy vibe, and I immediately thought about fallen angels and relating her to that for some reason.

Idk why I only got that impression from her since every killer is wicked in this game. Maybe plague but her mori made me want to bestie her so I relate her to Regina George instead.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Cause I learned the killer

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Long survivor q times and low bp rewards.

Even if you make 20 to 30k bp per game you make double that as killer thanks to bbq and not having to share resources with 3 other people.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

My first main was Nurse because she seemed so cool when I moved to PC. Difficult to learn but very rewarding.

After Nurse received her cooldown nerf, I didn't main another killer for a while.

Then after some time passed I saved enough shards to buy the Twins. I instantly fell in love with them because of how fun they are to play. Unfortunately, I heard about their nerf, so I'm not sure if I will main them in the future.

• psionic
    psionic Member Posts: 670

Nurse and Spirit

1. They are challenger characters and there's always room to improve.
    2. They gives me a chance even against the best survivors.
    3. Nurse has telekinetic Power. And I'm a headphone addicted.
  • PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

You gotta teach me the mental model needed for blight. I bought him for his perks, but haven't actually played him worth a damn.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,522

Hello, my past self. Wish I could tell you that the future has a good thing in store for you... but it does not.

• arcticgirl36
    arcticgirl36 Member Posts: 137

Once I started playing Nurse it was hard to imagine going back to an M1 character. I haven't yet. Playing the nurse and being able to teleport makes you feel like you have a superpower. It is hard to blink just right but it is really fun. It feels like you are flying. All of the other characters powers pale in comparison.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

Legion is one of my mains because I like the aesthetics of them the lore and feel of frenzy and also because they are basically teenagers and I'm a teen myself

• Lucent
    Lucent Member Posts: 209

started with freddy, moved to spirit and now i'm on twins. I love the 'idea' of playing nurse but i'm really bad at her. When MMR comes out in 2053 then i might give her another shot. Right now trying to learn her against red rank survivors isn't really viable.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

My house was out of salt and I was lazy to go groceries.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

Well you constantly need to keep in mind where survivors are going to go, so you need to understand how survivors move around tiles and in general.

Then you can constantly think like this: "Ok, if the survivor moves like this, I can bounce here and cut them off there"

You need to constantly keep a look out for things you can bounce off of on the ends of loops and at tiles like Shack.

You need to learn what structures and objects you slide off of so you can use them to your advantage in chase.

Basically getting to understand what Blight players call "Bump logic"

One thing you can do with objects Blight slides against instead of colliding is you can rush a long them, turn towards them as you rush, and then flick around them for an almost 180 degree turn.

There's lots and lots to learn playing him, which is why it's so satisfying.