What do you think about The Wraith?

ThePotatoPlayer
ThePotatoPlayer Member Posts: 9
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I think Wraith is OP.

I won every game I played. I don't know if it's I played against potatoes or if I am just good in this game :D

I am rank 12 on killer.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    edited May 2021

He was bottom of the barrel for so long and now he's actually viable. He's doing just fine.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

He is quite strong with a fairly low skill floor and ceiling. Ever since his buff some of his add ons are kinda busted imo

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited May 2021

Wraith recently got stronger but was terrible for a long time. He is pretty good now though. I think its mostly people are still figuring out how to deal with him now that he's faster and harder to see in cloak.

Plus, it sounds like you played against more casual players.

He is okay where he's at now and may potentially still be slightly weak

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

He’s pretty average overall. Pretty bad in chase but good at catching people in bad positions and nice map traversal.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

He's fine strength wise, he doesn't need a nerf or anything, but good god is he annoying as #########.

Easily one of my least favorite killers in the game to play against, and he isn't that fun to play as either.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

He's okay. Used to be one of the worst killers, but now that he can actually get from point A to B in good time, he's okay.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

He's strong now

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

He is meh, but by no means OP. With his buffs, he is much better, but he is still just Wraith. He is still countered by pallets and windows very easily.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

He's in a great state rn.

Also it's prob because you're in green ranks where the survivors are dum dums.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

He's ok, but he doesn't feel any different to play or face. I've not struggled any harder against a Wraith since they gave him windstorm as base.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,558

Used to be one of the worst killers, but he is in a good spot right now.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,045
    edited May 2021

underrated, actually really solid now

the opinion on him being bad (and him still being bad because his very significant buffs were apparently just QOL/didn't give him "anti-loop") is one of the most parroted ones in the community though. he's likely never to be seen as good unless streamers start saying it.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

He's got great mobility, but his ability to chase is very dependent on how good you are at looping. A survivor in a good tile can hold off Wraith near indefinitely. I think he's in a good spot and I'm glad he's finally strong enough to contend.

As a stealth killer, Wraith's actually not that great - you can get close before survivors hide, yes, but he gives so many cues to his approach that you will almost never surprise someone the way you can with Ghostface or Myers. With one of his clappers and lunging from behind a wall, you can do it. Otherwise, he's pretty noticeable.

His all-seeing addons are both a bit busted, but other than that, I think he's pretty healthy.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

He's literally fine. The dude is an M1 killer at base still and still has to have basic chase gameplay like any other M1 killer. He's just faster now outside of that. I can't imagine how anyone would find any aspect of him to be "op"

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638
    edited May 2021

He’s always been (and will continue to be) the one Killer I have trouble going against.

No one else, but him. His buff hasn’t changed that, but I was also able to understand his play-style a lot better.

In my honest opinion, he’s just fine.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,045

you don't have to chase with him at all anymore. that's why he's strong right now.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

You're talking about his "hit and run" strategy right? That's true the wraith could just opt to play that way. I still don't think it makes him op though. Strong? Yes. Op? No not at all.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

I've always disliked facing the Wraith and now its even worse.

I'm glad they buffed a weak Killer, but I'm upset it was the Wraith. lol

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587

Wraith is in a good spot right now.

He not as weak as he once was.

some of His add-ons could be change into something else as some of them aren't good or not needed.

• Dylandal99
    Dylandal99 Member Posts: 85

wraith is in a very good spot given the fact that majority of survivor playerbase is almost as good as an AI these days. but no jokes aside, wraith is pretty good now