If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

So does anyone else who plays both sides a lot like midwich and Haddonfield?

Options
IWasLeft2Die
IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

I play both sides and I honestly enjoy both maps quite a bit. I hear a lot of people complain about both and never really got it entirely. Both have some things I think could be better but I like them overall

Although The Game I hate a lot as both sides. Just not very interesting gameplay

Comments

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,865
    Options

I love Midwich, the atmosphere is incredible in that place.

Haddonfield looks dated tho.

• Anti_Alpha
    Anti_Alpha Member Posts: 63
    Options

I play both sides equally and I hate both maps equally.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

What for? I don't entirely understand why they are thrown around as the worst maps in the game

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

visually i think Midwich is a very good map.

gameplaywise i despise both of them.

Haddonfield is just extremely survivorsided to the point where killers cant even chase a good survivor without throwing the game and Midwich is just "hold W" the map.

and The Game is another one of those maps where the entire gameplay is just running from safe pallet to safe pallet until you run out or happen to end up in a deadzone thanks to a Breakable Wall, thats also not very thrilling.

but once again. it looks really good xD

• BSVben
    BSVben Member Posts: 256
    Options

Midwich is good for the atmosphere. Haddonfield is just horrible for me as either killer or survivor. It forces you to play the same way every time i.e. loop windows and fences of China. Absolutely boring!

• beached
    beached Member Posts: 303
    Options

Aesthetically Midwich looks nice but can be a nightmare to navigate for killer and survivor alike. As a 4.4 killer it can be downright miserable to play against survivors who just hold w down the halls.

Haddonfield is absolutely miserable for killer because of the amount of interiors to navigate and the constant w key strat around fences and buildings just makes chases so boring. Dealing with a survivor who knows how to play Haddonfield well can be almost impossible to cope with especially if they know how to run strode house or the house of pain. It's a fantastic map for survivor because there are many places to hide and even a mediocre survivor can find their way to one of the many pallets on the map.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,393
    Options

Midwich is ok, but Haddonfield...

If i see Haddonfield, i open the menu and look for a map offering, if i see one, no mercy. As survivor i will let someone die if i can escape without his help.

• IWasLeft2Die
    edited May 2021
    Options

Lol yeah I see that. Midwich looks awesome overall but I would like to add a couple more ways to go up a floor, then I'd totally be fine with it. It does feel like it takes forever to go upstairs sometimes.

Haddonfield I think could look better but I don't have that many issues with fences honestly.

The Game is soooo boring just tossing pallets for days and having to eat them as killer for days

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,532
    Options

I don't understand how anyone can like Haddonfuck or Midwich.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,056
    Options

I love Midwich on both sides.

Haddonfield I like aesthetically, it's just a nightmare in terms of balance.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
    Options

Don't like neither of those as both roles haddonfield is beautiful visually but nothing else totally broken map

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

I like Midwitch imo its got actually very clever design. A lot of the navigation of the map and loops are pretty well made also it probably has the best breakable walls out of all maps.

Haddonfield I hate with burning passion, it has 0 redeeming qualities for killer and is extremely survivor sided. It needs a rework to make it more killer friendly.

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459
    Options

Haddonfield is by far one of the worst maps for me, too any long walls, gens on different floors, extremely outdated and very survivors sided in general.

Midwich on the other hand is pretty decent, not only its good looking but its also good for most killers, specially good at endgame (after closing the hatch) because both gates can be easily patrolled.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,292
    Options

Play both sides and enjoy both, even though its easy to get annihilated as killer. Trapper does well on HF though and I main him.