Console frames

Skilled
Skilled Member Posts: 3

Aswell as new gen consoles don't the Xbox one X and PS4 pro run at 60 FPS? (unsure of resolution)

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

They do but they dip at certain points due to perks or specific killers but this happens on every platform

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

They should run at 60 but most of the time you get 30 at best.

As expected from a game with no optimization whatsoever

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

The Switch Lite runs at a surprisingly smooth 30 FPS (in my opinion at least, it seems that a lot of other Switch users have less positive things to say. I've had zero problems with the game). It should be noted that the docked performance of the Switch is actually supposed to be worse than handheld.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

The Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro are usually the same as the base Xbox One and PS4.

If you look at my videos on the top of the thread, those are all from the Xbox One X.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,771

The prior gen ones iare locked at Ultra, and is not adjustable at all. My console (Xbox1x) is certainly capable of running DBD at a steady 60 fps, but struggles mightily to even 30.

If you look around this forum you'll find many threads detailing console frame issues, frame drop triggers, and poor optimization in general. Many members even contributed video clips showing these concerns.

Also back in March 2019 the devs announced a goal of 60 fps minimum for all platforms. This was never achieved and very very little has been said on this subject since then.