Chapter 11 spoiler from Dev Stream

2»

Comments

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

that clip will always be hilarious due to how the other two were acting while he was spoiling the deeds

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

@Rex_Huin said:
    I'm thinking maybe a pirate...

YAR HAR

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

@Shad03 said:

@RuneStarr said:

@Kamikaze_Rose said:
    LOL, here we go with this speculation that everybody gets wrong until PTB day. Everyone swore up and down it was Kuchisake-Onna or whatever it was. My general feeling is that original killers are pointless to speculate about, because it literally could be anything. Licensed is a lot easier, but since the devs promised another original killer this year, then all this speculation is for nothing.

Yeah you're right, this thread would be much better if it was just "camping sux # 394" or "Third seal OP plz nerf"...

Honestly, it's fun to speculate and see what people find/think of.

@ThirdSealOPplzNerf Got anything to say?

Also speculation is fun. It might give a watching dev a idea or some such.

I just hope the killer wil be viable. And I want to guess a witch or warlock. With the next licensed killer being the creeper.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    I predicted dinky the rodeo clown. 
    I predicted a killer that could vault over pallets. 

Now I use my supernatural powers to predict the next killer!
    A frankenstein's monster type killer who is slow, but can eat/destroy pallets like no one else. 

I'll also predict the next one: a killer with a harpoon, who can pull survivors back.

Mark my words!
  • Magnus13
    Magnus13 Member Posts: 74

`> @ChesterTheMolester said:

Tsulan said:

Probably Jack the Ripped off. 

Oh no, i'd rather see anything else. Anything, even including Fnaf.

OMG NO. Please not FNAF. I’d rather see a sentient dirt bike or something silly.

FNAF is silly :(

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Sasquatch. hue

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    Tsulan said:
    Probably Jack the Ripped off. 
    Oh no, i'd rather see anything else. Anything, even including Fnaf.
    Ohhh NOES he said theF acronym. That’s a little too far maybe, or maybe not
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238
    Tsulan said:

A frankenstein's monster type killer who is slow, but can eat/destroy pallets like no one else. 

I'll also predict the next one: a killer with a harpoon, who can pull survivors back.

Mark my words!
    Predicting a hook-type killer when pudge/the butcher,blitzkrank, roadhog exist and are fairly popular. Oh i forgot the gamekeeper from identity V, who maybe is known to dbd devs.
    **It is really just a matter of time for dbd.**  ;)

But i like you used the harpoon.
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238
    Btw
    William Ashton aka The Springtrap would actually fit dead by daylight in his fnaf3 design. even if cawthorn probably could  produce a fitting model for this game, it might aesthetically be better if our dear devs do it themselves.

The other robots except maybe .... nah none other would really fit in
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

@Kamikaze_Rose said:
    LOL, here we go with this speculation that everybody gets wrong until PTB day. Everyone swore up and down it was Kuchisake-Onna or whatever it was. My general feeling is that original killers are pointless to speculate about, because it literally could be anything. Licensed is a lot easier, but since the devs promised another original killer this year, then all this speculation is for nothing.

You must be fun at parties

• Swiftblade131

Interesting trend is the devs seem to make a killer and perks to go along with things that people have been complaining about.

Prior to Legion's release, I saw a lot more SWF complaint threads and lots of body blocking and pallet threads. But Legion came with a perk to "counter" body blocking, their ability can "counter looping" and "punishes survivors for being together, which often SWFs do.

Gen Rush has been the big complaint more so after Legion was released, so perhaps it will revolved around gen stalling.

Even though, I wonder why everyone is just now complaining about how quickly the gens can be done. This hasn't changed for the longest time, and it's just now being brought up as an "issue". How many DLCs and this is just now a problem?

Ya'll are slow.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

A killer who looks like a skeleton or a zombie hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Tsulan said:

Mark my words!
    Predicting a hook-type killer when pudge/the butcher,blitzkrank, roadhog exist and are fairly popular. Oh i forgot the gamekeeper from identity V, who maybe is known to dbd devs.
    **It is really just a matter of time for dbd.**  ;)

But i like you used the harpoon.
    Harpoon is cooler than the other things. It would reduce teabagging at the exit gate. And might even solve hatch standoffs. 
  • chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Maybe the miner?

If it's original they could say he's from whatever time they want. Like 1830 coal miner 49 and the survivor is his daughter clementine..
  • chemical_reject
    Utna said:

Could be a killer witch and a survivor witch hunter ... or even the opposite: a killer inquisitor obsessed by a woman who has the reputation to be a witch.

I would love a killer witch. They couldn't introduce a new system like hex or obsession called jinx or somthing. 
  • PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    edited February 2019

I remember this stream, the question I believe that was asked was something along the lines of why are all the current characters from a modern time period.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Okay I know Jack the Ripper is like the boogeyman of horror and crime genres, but I’m sorry, I don’t think it would be appropriate to play Jack in a video game. Real women were butchered, Jack was a real life predator. It would be like if dbd decided to put Ted Bundy in the game - inappropriate, highly disrespectful to actual victims, and playing into our society’s creepy fixation on the scum of the earth who thrive on the notoriety instead of the lives they stole. 

It’s okay to want a Victorian killer, it’s okay to be interested in how MESSED UP Victorian society was, but there is literally a whole library of fiction to work from that doesn’t dehumanize victims as little more than gore fodder. 
  • Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247

@Swiftblade131 said:

@Kamikaze_Rose said:

When there're fun things to talk about, sure, but not when there's mindless speculation and wild, illogical guesses like "A Pirate Killer with Jack Sparrow as a survivor!" or "That random monster from that random franchise that bombed at the box office! I KNOW it has to be that one!" :|

• Swiftblade131

@Kamikaze_Rose said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@Kamikaze_Rose said:

When there're fun things to talk about, sure, but not when there's mindless speculation and wild, illogical guesses like "A Pirate Killer with Jack Sparrow as a survivor!" or "That random monster from that random franchise that bombed at the box office! I KNOW it has to be that one!" :|

Search up what a kill joy is.

I would hope you know what one is already considering you are one.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@AshleyWB said:
    Jack the ripper is not way way earlier thsn huntress. Maybe a little but not way way.

Well Jack the ripper is Victorian era England 19th Century 1888 and Huntress was around the time of WWI and Germany didn't enter the Red Forest area until 1917 ish.

So it's around 30 years between the two killers making their appearances.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Interesting trend is the devs seem to make a killer and perks to go along with things that people have been complaining about.

Prior to Legion's release, I saw a lot more SWF complaint threads and lots of body blocking and pallet threads. But Legion came with a perk to "counter" body blocking, their ability can "counter looping" and "punishes survivors for being together, which often SWFs do.

Gen Rush has been the big complaint more so after Legion was released, so perhaps it will revolved around gen stalling.

Even though, I wonder why everyone is just now complaining about how quickly the gens can be done. This hasn't changed for the longest time, and it's just now being brought up as an "issue". How many DLCs and this is just now a problem?

Ya'll are slow.

I wonder if we get something to counter tunneling or camping? Or maybe something useful for the solo survivor? And maybe something good to slow the gens for the killer?

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited February 2019
    pemberley said:
    Okay I know Jack the Ripper is like the boogeyman of horror and crime genres, but I’m sorry, I don’t think it would be appropriate to play Jack in a video game. Real women were butchered, Jack was a real life predator. It would be like if dbd decided to put Ted Bundy in the game - inappropriate, highly disrespectful to actual victims, and playing into our society’s creepy fixation on the scum of the earth who thrive on the notoriety instead of the lives they stole. 

It’s okay to want a Victorian killer, it’s okay to be interested in how MESSED UP Victorian society was, but there is literally a whole library of fiction to work from that doesn’t dehumanize victims as little more than gore fodder. 

There’s already a killer in game that is based on real life killers under a   pseudonym who had real victims.
  • Lonefox64
    Lonefox64 Member Posts: 132
    Paddy4583 said:
    pemberley said: 

Too soon man what if those victims familys or someone they knew saw their killer depicted in the game, lets wait another almost 150 years then we can talk about it...maybe 
  • FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@Paddy4583 said:
    pemberley said:

There’s already a killer in game that is based on real life killers under a   pseudonym who had real victims.

If Ted bundy was a killer wouldn't David King just kick his ass for example?

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Paddy4583 said:
    pemberley said:

Yeah, fictional. People want the actual Jack as a killer. Real life killers shouldn’t be used..:just feels scummy. 
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    pemberley said:
    Paddy4583 said:
    pemberley said:

Yeah, fictional. People want the actual Jack as a killer. Real life killers shouldn’t be used..:just feels scummy. 
    Jack the Ripper is just another pseudonym, like Micheal myres, or leather face, in no way would the game play be anything like the real events.
  • Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    @Peanits this is a very old, no longer relevant thread, that’s being necro’d, can you close it?
  • Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247

@Kamikaze_Rose said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@Kamikaze_Rose said:

Yes, because the DBD forums are just so full of joy and I'm killing all of it. 😂
  • Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

@Judgement said:
    @Peanits this is a very old, no longer relevant thread, that’s being necro’d, can you close it?

Considering its about the chapter due for release over the next few weeks, I'd argue that point and suggest that its more relevant than ever!!!

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Supernaut said:

@Judgement said:

Considering its about the chapter due for release over the next few weeks, I'd argue that point and suggest that its more relevant than ever!!!

Agreed with this 
  • Swiftblade131

@Kamikaze_Rose said:
    Swiftblade131 said:

@Kamikaze_Rose said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@Kamikaze_Rose said:

Yes, because the DBD forums are just so full of joy and I'm killing all of it. 😂

There was an attempt...

• NewChapterAdmin
    NewChapterAdmin Member Posts: 2

The new Chapter.

The new Chapter.

• Hi everyone!
    • The new killer is an old Priest, and he's coming to kill a poor child! Hope you enjoy it!
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

The main thing is, that WW1 era isn't that far away, giving us a lot possibilities from an Ancient old mummy, Count Dracula or to someone around the time of Jack the Ripper, who would still fit into the "way before" description.
    But those Victorian cosmetics are clearly just for the time between MidChapter and the Chapter 11 and have probably nothing to do with it.

They wouldn’t add Jack the Ripper Bc it glorifies a real life serial killer. It’s a bad look. 
  • chemical_reject
    edited February 2019
    HeroLives said:

The main thing is, that WW1 era isn't that far away, giving us a lot possibilities from an Ancient old mummy, Count Dracula or to someone around the time of Jack the Ripper, who would still fit into the "way before" description.
    But those Victorian cosmetics are clearly just for the time between MidChapter and the Chapter 11 and have probably nothing to do with it.

They wouldn’t add Jack the Ripper Bc it glorifies a real life serial killer. It’s a bad look. 
    Excuse me but Michael Myers didn't murder all those babysitters in Shithole, Illinois to be disrespected with your opinion on what's "real". 

Edit: Sarcasm font. Ment to be funny not mean. Don't wanna get banned . 
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    I just want to say that legions perk that shows who is all on a gen at once causes gen rushing. It breaks them up to do gens alone meaning more get done quicker. As soon as I see he has , no more gen team ups. Now everyone is in different places. As a killer is a terrible perk to run, Bc it backhandlly helps survivors.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

So we shouldn't speculate for fun? See how close we get?
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

Jack the Ripper is kinda different than other real life serial killers when handled in public view. He kinda has become a pop culture figure as well through his overmystification. And it wouldn't look so bad putting him into a game compared to others like "Ted Bundy".

Besides that we already have the Clown, who might be fictional, but his backstory is based on usual things we know about serial killers. Kinda representing them. I doubt the Ripper would look worser than that.

The only thing what might speak against it, is that Identity V already has him as a killer in the game and devs might avoid having too similar characters to it.