Hex Totem Spawns are Broken

sleepywynd
sleepywynd Member Posts: 118

Some hex spots are really wonderful and just can't be found unless the survivor explicitly looks there. However, most hex totem spawns are genuinely complete garbage. I'm surprised if a totem lasts for longer than a minute in a match because they're SO obvious.

I mean c'mon, is there no way to hide them better or make them less noticeable?

Having to defend a totem and generators is genuinely impossible against survivors who know what they're doing (undying only helps for a little bit). So it doesn't help that I can't run perks like Devour Hope because as SOON as it procs and I try to get any value bam hippity hoppity your hex is my property.

Anyone have any ideas or anything on how the devs could make hexes... not useless?

Sidenote, I get they aren't meant to last the whole match, but ruin doesn't give you any value if you have to use 2 slots to run it (ruin/undying) and it gets cleansed within a minute or two anyways.

Comments

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Sandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 266
    edited May 2021

don't you like it when totem spawn in a empty field with no grass, no cover no slopes just dead visible from all sides?

don't you like totems spawning right next to generators practically asking to be cleansed?

jokes aside , my devour blight feels sadness when it comes to totem spawns

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

I'd be curious to see how well it'd work (or if it straight up wouldn't work) to have the killer place their totem and be able to pick it up and move it throughout the match. The catch there is that it'll deactivate and lose stacks over time (if it's based on stacks) while the killer is carrying it.

I feel it'd be a bit of a pain to go out of your way to hide a totem, but might be a fair trade if it means it'll last more than a minute. Or, this could just be an absolutely awful idea, I really don't know lol