So how is Wraith now?

Options
IWasLeft2Die
IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

I was wondering what everyone thought of Wraith now that he has been buffed for a bit.

He definetly is viable now to play as which is nice. I do a little bit wonder if he is too good or not though. I havent used him enough to entirely form an opinion but I've had a lot of early game 4ks with him since his buffs.

I don't feel too strongly about him one way or another honestly

Comments

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,353
    edited May 2021
    Options

He's fine its just silent bell+all seeing blood is literally he will hit you at a good bit of situations. Hes basically scratched mirror but 115. But that's just me maybe that finds that combo pretty strong.

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587
    Options

He's a lot better now.

I've been only playing him for awhile.

His mindgames aren't the best as an m1 but with his bell, he could get hit where he shouldn't and it also works if you can't the bell as well but this might not work on good survivors.

All In all, he in a good spot for now and if the balance changes where he doesn't need to then that fine but if he does need some changes to better then that also fine.

The changes he would need if it the situations occurred then he would need something that goes with his aggressive nature.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,393
    Options

You can finally play him without addons. Other than that nothing changed really.

The best addons together are strong, but you dont need them against average teams. A good team which will send you to a bad map will still give you a hard time. He cant deal with pallets well and callouts hurt him.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Wraith is fringe a main of mine that I considering using more but I still want to unlock all teachables on Myers and Pyramid head first

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

He’s good. Not too weak anymore and not too strong in my opinion. Once people start to play as/against him more they’ll start to do better against him, I think people are just used to the old, bully-able Wraith and underestimate the stuff he can do now.

Maybe one or two of his add ons could be looked at but his base kit is in a good place.

• Triforcer
    Triforcer Member Posts: 177
    Options

Before the buff, I had a hard limit of about r6 on him (for years- I simply could not pip above that). Since the buff, I rocketed to rank 1-2 in a couple days and can stay there fairly easily.

(1) The primary reason for this is you don't need windstorm anymore (I haven't ran it once since the buff). Pre-buff, purple windstorm (or at least green) was mandatory. Now, you can run all sorts of interesting add-on combos.

(2) As everyone is beginning to realize, All Seeing- Blood is the most powerful add-on in the game. It trivializes stealth and jungle gyms. At P3 and with BBQ always in my build, I can run that add-on 98% of the time (just prioritize it and black wards in every bloodweb).

(3) All Seeing- Spirit and Coxcombed Clapper are NOT the second best add-ons- you can't run them 95%+ of the time, even with P3/BBQ.

Purple Shadow Dance is actually the second best add-on, and it can also be at 95% uptime (when not up, use the green version). For nearly every single loop (except extremely long ones, like the one near the pre-rework Thompson house) you can do the following:

(a) The survivor will stop in the pallet, you stand next to him and uncloak 95% of the way, twitch forward, and then insta-kill the pallet when dropped (still in cloak).

(b) the survivor will stop at one end of the loop. Stand cloaked on the pallet, twitching both directions, and then use the speed burst for a hit (if the loop is a bit too long, at a minimum you'll get close enough to force a pallet drop- recloak and insta-kill it).

Shadow Dance makes this possible, you will tear through pallets at a Bubba rate and virtually never get in a 3 loop/pallet stun situation.

• zombitehdeath
    Options
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,051
    Options

Meh. Still struggles to down anybody good. You can still spread out, blast gens, and comm his relative position so people can leave gens early. Same problem a lot of M1 killers have: pallet efficiency doesn't matter for survivors when your team is efficient on gens. Survivors can stay super safe at pallets and Wraith can't do anything.

• IWasLeft2Die
    edited May 2021
    Options

I want to try out a super fast build designed to crush pallets and gens fast.

Addons

Shadow dance- eat pallets, vault, etc tremendously faster while cloaked

Whichever gives the most cloak movement speed

Fired up

Pop

Brutal strength

(Unsure about 4th, maybe bamboozle)

It may not be awesome but I think being able to almost instantly eat pallets, hurt gens, and vault super fast can make his 1v1 very tough as survivor and end chases even more quickly

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686
    edited May 2021
    Options

Nope still ringing that bell like a total spaz chasing around the map 😳 and still annoying asf. Not much difference really.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options
  • Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

I've seen some survivors calling him "OP", so he should be fine.

• zombitehdeath
    Options

The way you worded it seem like it windstorm not shadow dance

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Yeah thats totally fair. Good call mentioning the specific addon

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,152
    Options

I think he is now actually viable, but I wouldn't consider him too powerful. He's in a great spot now in my opinion.

• zombitehdeath
    Options

I know wraith add-on on the back of my hand since he's add-ons are unique for having set of add-ons (windstorm and Swift hunt for example) and giving the rarity titles (spirit and blood for example) the only group of add-ons that mostly doesn't comply to the set rule are the soots but all soots have the in their name so it could be considered the “the” set

• Starshadw
    Starshadw Member Posts: 266
    Options

He got tweaked too far the other way. He's far too fast, and the cloak/de-cloak time is too short, allowing him to run rings around survivors and down them with next to no delay between cloaked and uncloaked.

• zombitehdeath
    Options

His cloaking and uncloaking speed haven't been changed at all and his speed is 150% which is fine.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

id say hes fine but his silent bell addon is really annoying. like i know that dbd is a horror game but i dont want to get a literal heart attack

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Wraith is fine strength wise, he doesn't need any nerfs, but holy hell is he annoying.

He suffers from the Freddy Syndrome of having a strong output, but barely taking any skill to play.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,045
    Options

He's certainly become far worse to play against with him being able to block pallets. It's really frustrating to have him chase you, run up to a pallet, and Wraith somehow being able to squeeze past you to stand under pallet and uncloak, because at that point, it's a free hit.

It'd be more fair if survivors can drop pallets even if the killer is under it, which really should be a thing anyway?

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    edited May 2021
    Options

How do you comm his relative position when he's invisible outside 16m 20m? His high base cloaked speed should let him body block pallets and windows, so he certainly can do something at both. I can think of some tiles that he can't do much about, but not too many.

• notstarboard
    edited May 2021
    Options

How do you use callouts effectively when he's invisible outside 16m 20m? Unless he beelines for a teammate while still right next to another survivor best you'll be able to say is "He left me at ______" or "He's on me at _____".

He can also body block pallets well with his high base cloaked speed. There are some tiles he's going to struggle at, like party bus, but for the most part there's a lot he can do.

• zombitehdeath
    Options
  • notstarboard
    Options
  • Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 567
    Options

He's really not fun to play against but he's balanced minus a couple addons being ridiculous with no negative trade off (silent bell, all-seeing).

• zombitehdeath
    Options

wasn't discrediting your point but that my fault for not saying that.

• notstarboard
    Options
  • Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

He is much better, but still weak.

• BigBall
    BigBall Member Posts: 129
    Options

If he didn't have an uncloak speed boost, he would be very bad, and probably useless at high ranks, he loses his ability to dominate on pallet loops as well as catching up to a survivor heading to a tile. He's a high B tier killer IMO maybe A tier with a good hit and run build. But overall he's finally in a good spot

• BigBall
    Options
  • BigBall
    edited May 2021
    Options

The most important add ons to use are as follows:

All seeing: Blood

Shadow dance: Blood/White

Bone/Coxcombed Clapper

All seeing: Spirit (With PGTW it's crazy)

Good combos:

1. All seeing: blood with a clapper
    2. double shadow dance with bamboozle
    3. All seeing: spirit with pop, oppression maybe
    4. any clapper with the ghost is actually very underrated (the ghost is one of the best common add on's in the game, hiding your red stain for 6 seconds is very powerful
  • Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

He is becoming an annoying killer. But I never saw him as weak, don't know why some people thought he was weak.