If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What tier should killers be balanced towards?

Options
IWasLeft2Die
IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
edited May 2021 in Polls

I've been wondering how people genuinely feel killers should be balanced towards to get a better read of killers should be balanced as (aside from general gameplay changes like gen speeds etc)

Here are some samples for each tier with some fairly agreed upon killer tier

Towards S (like Spirit)

Towards A (like Pyramid Head)

Towards B (like Legion)

Towards C (like Clown)

Towards D (like Trapper)

The game will inevitably not have everyone at the same tier but I do think it would be good to get people in a more similar place than they are now

What tier should killers be balanced towards? 64 votes

Towards S (like Spirit)
10%
GibberishBlueberryDawnMadPabloLovesMCViktor1853PeanutBristlesRiskyBuisness 7 votes
73%
WeederickFallenRanger0kodiakyTapeKnotshardsDimekDemiurg[Deleted User]Raptorrotasmusstang62MrPenguinUistreelGeneralVkinRoboMojothefallenloser[Deleted User]CornHubWarcrafter4Tatariu 47 votes
Towards B (like Legion)
12%
DoritoHeadbowodjmeghanPSPash13simpforfelixhi_Nomporu 8 votes
Towards C (like Clown)
0%
Towards D (like Trapper)
3%
Freddy96surv43 2 votes

Comments

• PabloLovesMC
    PabloLovesMC Member Posts: 163
    Options
    Towards S (like Spirit)

Tbh in high ranks vs good players everything needs to be at least as strong as spirit. Once the survivors learn how to play its impossible to get a competitive swf down. That being said i feel mmr will yo a long way to fix everything.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Those, to me, feel more like general ganeplay changes that need to be addressed aside from killers tbh.

• PabloLovesMC
    PabloLovesMC Member Posts: 163
    Options
    Towards S (like Spirit)

Im just tired of deadhard for distance and the last person being able to crawl through the door for free because they were just unhooked and their teammate left meaning picking them up would let them ds and get out anyways. Survivors at high ranks play like scumbags and call everything the killers have OP

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

I wouldn't exactly call Legion B tier, but for the sake of the argument, I think A should be average, but no killer should be weaker than Bubba.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,782
    Options

S as in on par with blight or hag levels of strong.

Blight is a killer with a high skill cap, is strong, and has reasonable weaknesses.

• SOMENINJANAME
    SOMENINJANAME Member Posts: 294
    Options

A TIER______I think all Killers should be perfect at what they do. So i would say A tier, but I can't condone Pyramid Head being considered balanced. That attack should not go through walls or objects.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,052
    Options
    Towards S (like Spirit)

Every Killer should be able to compete with competent teams of Survivors, which even Nurse and Spirit can barely do.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Options

A Tier. Every killer should be powerful, But not too powerful.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
    Options

A tier killers are balanced but still strong.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,815
    Options

Strong killers are okay, weak-ish killers are okay, but generally speaking I think that the Oni/Huntress/Plague level of killer is a perfect target to aim for.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,212
    edited May 2021
    Options

Buffing the wesker ones instead of nerfibg the top.

Refuse to believe this concept is only allowed for survivors.

Pre-overheat Billy. Around that is a goal for every killer ability.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Man I miss pre rework billy

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Options
    Towards S (like Spirit)

Killers should be balanced around S tier and survivors should be balanced around SWF levels information wise. I'm not surprised most people are choosing the second option, they should consider the competitive level of DbD too. If the game ever gets a good MMR system and best killers were matched with the best survivors, in its current state no A tier or below killer would have a chance at all. That's why tournaments are full of Nurses and Spirits and even they have to play dirty to do well.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,056
    Options
    Towards S (like Spirit)

S tier is the level of power where killers actually stand a fair chance of winning against equally good survivors. You balance from the top down if you want a fair game. Lots of people are picking A tier but A tier killers lose vs equally good survivors every time, they rely on the survivors to make mistakes if they want a chance at winning. That isn't a fair match.

• Man_of_triangles
    Man_of_triangles Member Posts: 302
    Options

Giving survivors SWF levels of information would practically require deleting quite a few perks which would be rendered redundant. It's far too much of an undertaking for BHVR to ever bother with.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

FYI: I don’t think good ol’ pp head is A tier material. His power is incredibly predictable for good survivors which means all he has is his ability to fake out his power to force lose lose situations. The DS nerf also stole some of his thunder as now every killer can tunnel with less risk. The cages are still nice timesavers but aren’t as impactful as they once were. Furthermore, he lacks any mobility which means that on some maps, you will simply lose no matter what you do.

Anyways, I think A tier is a good spot to aim for balance as typically, the killers in the A tier are very strong and have potential against even good teams, but still have counterplay that Survivors can act upon. Unlike the S tier, which typically houses killers who lack counterplay or who are countered by just blind guesses (I’m looking at you, SPIRIT).

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767
    Options
    Towards D (like Trapper)

Each killer is unique and you cant balance a killer towards another one

• GGSlushy
    GGSlushy Member Posts: 61
    Options

I think everyone should be in A or B tier BUT ofcorse there will be new killers like nurse spirit and blight that are hard to play but actually top tier.

Pls dont hate me but: i think Nurse is ok to be in S tier because almost no one under rank 10 knows how to play her properly, but they think they play good because the survivors are just bad and nurse kill everyone if survivors play badly