Make Your Choice buff concerns

Options
ukenicky
ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm genuinely concerned at this small yet deceptively big change where you can hear the survivor who unhooked scream from across the map only because of one thing and that's how already strong killers with high mobility will be able to absolutely abuse this. Think, Nurse, Blight and Spirit. And even some killers who aren't S tier like Hillbilly and Wraith. And Hag although this perk has always been pretty solid on her.

My main concern is, you'll always know who unhooked now so you'll know who to go for and 60 seconds is a long time to be exposed. I'm upset because I love when they revisit old perks and make them better, like I genuinely like this but I'm worried it's just going to become oppressive on already oppressive killers.

One cool thing about this is it makes Calm Spirit better which is neat but yeah I just wanted to make a post about this, I think it'll take time to really see but I expect any killer with decent mobility to absolutely benefit from this much like Starstruck.

Please discuss! Share your opinions I'd love to hear.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    edited May 2021
    Options

The reason I don't like MYC is because, more often then not, it just lead to you tunneling the guy that was just on the hook. You go back, the unhooker immediately leaves, they split and the injured guy is a lot easier to track. This change isn't really going to change that scenario IMO, but at least tell you what character to look out for, though that benefit falls flat when you have duplicates of survivors running around.

But situations like this should be a little easier to deal with now that BT is global.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Don't worry, I doubt any killer except Hag is going to run this perk.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

A buff to MYC? from where you hear that? In any case i woudn't mind a buff to that perk, its really weak now with BT triggering always.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

I'm ok with this if multiple people are near the hook you know which one to go for instead pfntakeing a guess and getting no value out of it

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

They recently buffed MYC so that the person who is afflicted by it will do a map-wide scream, allowing the Killer to identify the Survivor that is Exposed.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

To be fair I don't mind the buff to it either. I hope they buff / rework many more weak perks on both sides.

I just think being exposed for 60 seconds feels like forever

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

I don't think it's going to make much difference tbh. Most people running it would go back to the hook and see who has saved, unless there are two people healing the one off the hook but even then you could already tell who had it as they would be the ones running off first as soon as you got close.

• megthomas2021
    megthomas2021 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I don't know who to choose for a buff but I do think that the old west realm could do with a rework

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

Ah but it's not really recent. Maybe it have a couple of months? I can't remember.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

It's pretty common on Wraith in my experience. Especially post-buff.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Already did benefit greatly from MYC, it wasn't all that hard for me to consistently spot the unhooker in time with Wraith.

This just makes that benefit more guaranteed, still can't do anything to good stealth Survs.

• TAG
    Options

From what I understand, the scream is not new, but the fact that the scream can be heard throughout the entire map is new.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

i run MYC on Wraith and had great success with it before the update, especially when combined with aura perks or add ons. Haven't tried the new one but after reading the patch notes i thought "omg this is gonna be powerful"

• TAG
    Options

Yeah, but the person you are encouraged to go after is NOT the person who was unhooked, so how is that an issue?

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

This basically happens everytime someone is exposed and you know who it is. Doesn't matter if it's a Ghostface using his power, Dragon's Grip, Rancor or whatever. Killers want that ez kill. Before the patch, when i ran MYC and knew who was the unhooker, i tried my best to get him and only left when the survivor was in a very safe spot.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,574
    Options

How is it tunneling when you focus the one being exposed by MYC? Tunneling refers to targetting the same player over and over again. MYC gives you a big incentive to NOT do that, but chase the unhooked. If anything, it is an anti-tunnel perk!

• TAG
    Options

That's the point of the perk, no? To increase the risk put on the rescuer?

• Gay_Police_Dept
    Gay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 743
    Options

It's a nice perk that encourages the killer to go for the rescuer instead of unhooked one and i think that the buff devs gave to it was really needed.

That being said i think it should also be a "make your choice" for the killer and shorten the timer, so they have to choose between going for the exposed survivor or doing whatever they were doing. Currently they can do more than one thing because 60 seconds is a lot of time.

Kinda the same argument killers had to complain about the old DS.