Why are people saying Lady Dimitrescu doesn't fit in DBD?

Options
Sup3rCatTree
Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

I have seen sooooo many people say "She doesn't fit in the game because she is so tall". So? Nemesis and Mr.X are around the same height as her. At 9 feet tall. Nobody is talking about that. But people still want Nemisis and Mr. X even though they are so tall. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtyLJQlAJNY

Post edited by Sup3rCatTree on

Comments

• RenDesune
    RenDesune Member Posts: 246
    Options

Lady D thematically fits DBD a lot more than Mr.X and Nemesis imo. I haven't played those games but I did do some research into who they are and as far as I know both seem rather uninteresting as a dbd killer. Who knows, maybe the dev team have come up with something interesting.

I do feel like Lady D on the other hand has the capabilites to be more of a unique killer

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588
    edited May 2021
    Options

According to the RE Wiki "Though his role essentially similar within Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, there's a noticeable change on this character: First of all, he depicted standing roughly 9 feet tall.". Where did you get that information? Also, you know you can minimize a picture right? Watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtyLJQlAJNY

• WeirdlyBearded
    WeirdlyBearded Member Posts: 147
    Options

I want her as the killer so bad! I don't want chris as a survivor, but I'll live (or die) with it if lady d is killer. Just because she's tall dosen't mean she wont "fit". It's a work of fiction. If they need to alter her height so she can be the tallest possible but not her technical in game measurements vs scale then ok! Nemesis and mr x are wouldn't make sense for capcom right now. If this collab happened when the re2 or re3 remake happened then sure. With 8 coming out and the internet obsessed with lady d it makes more sense to have her. Mr x would be boring and nemesis would just have a tentcle and possibly a rocket launcher that i don't think would work mechanically for dbd?!? I could be wrong but having explosions in dbd is going to be a headache all around. To develop and to play.

• WeirdlyBearded
    WeirdlyBearded Member Posts: 147
    Options

I also wanna add that mr x and nemisis are kind of one track mind characters. I'd prefer a killer that has actual thought beyond "starrrrsssssss". Even if we don't get lady d i don't want them!

• LazyPayday
    LazyPayday Member Posts: 420
    Options

I think she shares the problem of the Trickster in that if they're making people horny, they have failed as something meant to be intimidating. Plus the game hasn't even come out yet, I don't think they should base the killer off of an unreleased game. Like others have mentioned as well, the tallest of killers are sitting at 7', and she's 10'. There'd definitely be some problems with her size.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Aside from her physical size alone, Lady D would work fine in this game - more so than Nemesis or Mr. X would in my opinion.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Mr. X and OG Nemesis are around seven feet tall. Remake Nemesis is supposed to be at least 8'8. Lady D is almost 10 feet tall. You can put the remake Nemesis skin on the original's body to get around the tall height. You can't do that for Lady D.

Also, we don't need more of the internet's feelings about her. I've always thought it was stupid and unnecessary.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

No, lady dimitrescu is much taller than nemesis and mr x.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,451
    Options

Whatever. If people want her, they want her. It doesn't matter if I don't like it.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,374
    Options
  • Badonkadonk
    Badonkadonk Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2021
    Options

I don't think it's that she doesn't fit per se, the closest thing I can think of when it comes to that is her height which iirc plague is like 7 feet tall and Dimitrescu is like 9 ft, but I think it's simply because people don't want a newer RE killer and want someone more iconic such as Nemesis or Mr. X.

Also, half the people that want her need to go to horny jail.🤡

Seriously though, we have Trickster, so if her height isn't a problem, she'd fit just fine. BHVR would definitely get backlash though. It would be interesting though if, unlike Silent Hill where they did the first 3 games, they do a combination of classic and new RE (RE2, RE7, RE8?).

People usually just aren't open to new stuff, so I'm not surprised there are people against her, I don't care either way as long as I get Leon or even better CARLOS.

• BarbecueiChilli
    BarbecueiChilli Member Posts: 138
    Options

Because Lady D is from RE8, this is the newest part of RE, but still I have no idea what power would have Mr X

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited May 2021
    Options

Lady Dimitrescu is 290 cm tall. She literally wouldn't fit in most structures. Hell, she wouldn't fit through any doorway.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

Jesus, why is this conversation even taking place? Village doesn’t even officially released until tomorrow/later today.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919
    Options

Maybe they can give her the power to shrink or something.

• MrCrazyCat62
    MrCrazyCat62 Member Posts: 168
    Options

It doesn't make sense to put her into dbd . Taking the msin attraction out their new game ( which just dropped ) doesn't make sense.

They want people buying the new game ,Not buying dbd to play her.

Dlc prices are chump change to full game prices.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    Options

Its not that she doesnt fit. Its that there are much more iconic monsters that are wanted a great deal more then her

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

I think the killer is going to be a Hunter to join Demogorgon. His power is going to be large leaps.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

If you play re8 you'll see why

• Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311
    Options

If you actually wanted an Re8 killer there'd be more candidates in the game to choose from. And as @IWasLeft2Die mentioned, if you actually played the game where you want Lady D to come from, you'd know why she's not making it in. And not just the context of height, but in context of Re8 as well.

• En3ermost
    En3ermost Member Posts: 298
    edited May 2021
    Options

The height problem is just stupid. The Entity can clearly manipulate the height of the killers to its liking.

Doctor and Trapper for example are clearly normal sized humans when they were still normal people in the tome cutscenes, and now both are magically 7 feel tall or something.

The Entity could just shrink Lady Dimitrescu a bit and that's it lol.

BTW I'd still like Lord Heisenberg more than her tbh, he's easily RE8's best character.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    edited May 2021
    Options

it's not that she doesn't fit the theme, she literally doesn't fit

she can't fit in the killer shack

she can't fit in any indoor map.

the ######### is too tall

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

Good chance its because she is literally over 9 feet and also really doesn’t have anything going for her except her looks and the endgame

Tyrant literally has a final forme that can dash and has massive claws

Nemesis has an rpg and tentacles

And people forget about Birken

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

I dont want her in the game Why?

She's not iconic like nemesis or Mr X

That's like bringing the grey child into DBD instead of Pyramid head tbh

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

She was kind of a let down in 8 tbh. I wasn't as hyped as most but I was still slightly let down by her

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

I think people who uses her physical size as an argument, just don't want her in the game over classical RE characters in general and are just looking for reasons. I persnally don't expect her. Maybe as a legendary skin, if possible.

In general, if I think about it, it remembers me of the Ridley-is-too-big-for-Smash-discussions the gaming community had back then with Smash 4.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options
    1. as if the entity hasn't meddled with killers sizes before. Look at the head proportions on some tall killers. Deathslinger for example was likely much smaller in life than the entity made him. So, the entity might adjust her ladyship to fit through the doorways.
    2. both re7 and 8 could actually build up on existing map pools: re7 on the swamp, re8 on the swamp and red forest.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options
    1. You literally have no proof of that. Most people aren't like DaVinci's Vitruvian Man, with "perfect" proportions. They have big heads, small heads, etc.
    2. Doesn't change the fact that Lady Dimitrescu wouldn't fit through doorways.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

It does not say that on the RE Wiki. It says that on the VILLAINS wiki (which I would not call a reliable source at all because it is not a place specifically meant to fact-check Resident Evil information) and is in regards to his depiction in Operation Raccoon City.

Please cite your sources properly.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Who cares if Lady Dimitrescu can't fit through door ways.

You won't catch me running away.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

People should also keep in mind that if she was made smaller than she hardly has any powers...she would just be an M1 killer with no powers unless they added something onto her that's not in re8 when she is walking around. She has her claw but that's basically it