Survivors not hiding when Killers run Corrupt Intervention

Jmang1245
Jmang1245 Member Posts: 31

I mean, what are you guys thinking? Hide Somewhere so it wastes one of the killers perks and denies them pressure in the early game.

Β«1

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

nah rather get gens done, if a survivor gets chased theres no reason not to hop on a gen, especially trapper or hag since they will probs spend time preparing traps while corrupt is going on

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

If the killer is good they will find you.

Most of the time survivors spawn where gens are blocked for starters. So unless you are crouch walking the entire time hiding is ineffective. Not to mention you are also not allowing your team to progress on their own objective.

• Jmang1245

To be honest I think most of the time this doesnt work is because most survivors are terrible at out stealthing killers. The reason I Suggest this is that I've seen it done in dbd competitions, everyone hides well and the killer doesnt find a single survivor and their perk is wasted. The problem with just going and doing a gen straight away is that the killers patrol perimiter is much smaller when corruption is activated making it easier to find someone working on an unblocked gen and someone ussually goes down before corruption is even used up. Meaning the killer has huge early game pressure. Most games ive been in where survivors just works on a gen while corruption is activated results in everyone dying. So wait remind why all your theories is correct. This coming from a guy who has 1500 hours in dbd.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I normally try and slip past the killer and then go for a central gen or one near where they spawned

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

It's not good idea to hide like that when you're in solo, at least one of your teammates won't do this properly which will give killer incredible amount of early game pressure. It's far better idea to just power through it as solo.

SWF on the other hand can do this strategy very easily but most of the time they don't even bother if they're all competent at looping.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,958

why would i hide when i can go to the other side of the map to do the gens who are not blocked?

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

It's difficult to pull off in soloq due to the uncoordinated nature of the players. I also often find survivors very quickly anyway through crows and other clues.

My suggestion as a corrupt user to counter the perk are as follows.

If you spawn by a corrupted gen, I suggest you look for totems in the area. Watch out for the Undying notification. If the killer comes to the corrupted side for whatever reason, then you can stealth around until they leave.

Other than that, once you've checked one or two totem spawns and maybe realized what killer you're versing, it's time to try working the middle gens. If you get found, run to the corrupt side and loop there.

Lastly, if the killer is a Hag or a Trapper, DO NOT wait out corrupt ever even if you're in a 4-man. You sometimes see even tournament teams making this mistake.

• Jmang1245

Yeh I agree if someone gets found and no-one is doing gens, then the killer has the advantage. It really depends how long the team mate can last in a chase at that point. Its just annoying for a solo survivor. I'm currently at rank 2 and the majority of killers I play against use corrupt intervention or hex ruin, and I always see someone go to work on an unblocked gen only to get spotted by the killer and then downed in like 30 seconds.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Because i am not coward chicken. I love chasing.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

Doesn't the survivors icon light up in the HUD when they're being chased?

• Jmang1245

You only get a notification when the obsession is being chased.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Never noticed that. I know the obsession symbol starts wiggling but that's it.

It would be a pretty good change if the icons do light up when chased

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

I don't because I don't play this game to stealth around and play hide and seek, but to enjoy chases and actually progressing through the trial

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

I just check to see where the corrupt gens are, cleanse a few totems and then hop on a gen. If the killer finds me, I run to the corrupt gens and hopefully scare the survivors in hiding to move to the other side and make progress.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

It's only a viable strat if everyone is hiding,and most of the time the random killers aren't good enough to need hiding the corrupt out.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Awesome! the killer gets full use of their perk by reducing survivor resources while you can't do gens that may be the 3 gen the killer desires!

Good thinking.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,766

Or I could get chased by the killer into their corrupted area because nobody knows how to use the perk correctly and now not only are they not defending any generators they're also going to hook me seriously out of position! :D

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Good idea in theory, unreliable in practice imo

"Unreliable" in your scenario where all four survivors are scattered, yes. I can create a scenario where your suggested method is also unreliable. Hell, I don't even have to, it's a fact that the center gens are where the killer is if they have Corrupt Intervention, because that's how the perk works. At least with stealth, you're not trying to get yourself killed.

Bottom line, no method is perfect. And before you say you know this, you're literally shooting down ideas for not being perfect by pointing out minor flaws.

• BSVben
    BSVben Member Posts: 256

Because it's boring & inefficient to hide at loops/behind rocks until corrupt wears off.

The most fun aspect of this game by far are the chases. Why would I want to actively avoid them?

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

No method is perfect but some work better then others.

And imo i would much rather have my team actively working on the objective instead of hiding.

This isn't a minor flaw losing the early pressure survivors have is a huge deal. in most games 1-2 gens get done before the killer gets their hook pressure rolling. If you have zero or little progress on gens when the killer has already started their hook one, chase one and one has to unhook pressure the survivors are at a massive disadvantage.

Stealth is nice and all if it works but one disturbed crow, one teammate that doesn't follow the plan, one tracking perk or power of the killer that gets you and it all was a massive timewaster for the survivors. Also note that I don't mean to close your eyes and sprint like a chicken without a head to the nearest unblocked generator. Just to make your way to a workable generator that is safe instead of doing little to nothing. walking to a gen is not trying to get yourself killed.

even if best case scenario the killer doesn't find anyone setup killers like hag had free reign to lay down an entire web, trapper has the chance to collect all their traps. breakable walls that otherwise make loops chase enders turn them unsafe.

It all is circumstantial ofcourse but overal the downsides heavilly outweigh the upsides for me.

It's also worth noting that both strategy's heavilly require all survivors to be on the same wavelenght. If one survivor goes for gens while 3 hide then you give the killer free pressure for nothing and visa versa if 3 go for gens and 1 hides then not all survivors are progressing the game. And seeing how in my and OP experience more survivors do gens instead of hiding I will sooner look at making my way to the other gens then to wait it out.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,112

When the killer has Corrupt, I don't work on a gen, keeping with the strategy of wasting their perk, until someone takes damage and then I'll get on a gen because I know there's no point in not doing so anymore.

• xEzekanarioX
    xEzekanarioX Member Posts: 378

Hope i see you in one of my matches. People who hide agaisnt my corrupt are camped without any doubt. Learn to play.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Here's the killer's rulebook for survivors, ladies and gentlemen.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Well here is an entire page of comments that dont want to adapt to the situation

Some were ok like the one that said I try to slip by the killer and do the gen behind them .

Again theres a difference between hiding and being sneaky

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244

People like you OP are the reason MANY of my solo queue games end with 5 gens left and everyone dead.

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

I don't just drop pallets in the time it takes for corrupt to end I'll use maybe 2. So resources eh, barely. 3 gen, again depends on the map. Let's say azarovs, go to corrupt side, see a gen pop, move to the other side of the map, usually there's a gen in middle, that one then gets knocked out and then corrupt is over, I switch back to the old corrupt side and start a gen. More often than not though taking out a gen or 2 and a few totems instead of just hiding is the smarter move.

So you're welcome

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

If I wanted to do nothing for 2 minutes i'd hit a Bubba with a pallet, thanks.

• Bonquiqui414
    Bonquiqui414 Member Posts: 222

I just wanna be chased and see some funny moment. Not hide and do gens all game, that’s so freaking boring.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Works in solo, not swf. Say one survivor gets found when it still has a minute left.

Congratulations, now the killer has a hook and you have zero gen progress.

• Jmang1245
    edited May 2021

hehe, Im a rank 1 survivor bud, and I escape about 40 percent of the time, so no. and you all act like 2 minutes is an eternity. its kinda sad.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,064

I'm meh on this strategy. On the one hand, if you all run into the uncorrupted area, the killer finds someone fast. On the other hand, if you spend the whole early game hiding and the killer finds someone anyway, even if you immediately run to a gen, you wasted an immense amount of time and your strat returned no value. And if you do all successfully evade the killer for two minutes... congrats, you've accomplished the same thing as if somebody had found a hex totem in that time and basically nothing else. The killer has 3 perks, and got 2 minutes to clean up breakable walls and ID the map. Mega RIP if your opponent was a Hag or a Trapper.

I'm more of the mind that you should wander around the corrupted area doing any side objectives you see rather than explicitly hide. If the killer follows you into the corrupted area, everyone else is free to do gens. If not, free pass to do whatever.

Stealthing's super easy if you stay away from gens, but I'm not convinced it's worth it to stall the match for two minutes and cross your fingers the killer doesn't get a head start anyway.

• Jmang1245
    edited May 2021

Yeh fair enough you make a good point. Its just annoying coz this perk is used in like every game at rank 1 and has a clear counter, but whatever I guess Im just running to an uncorrupted jen like everyone else does.

• xEzekanarioX
    edited May 2021

I camp someone and the rest of his team are looking at me.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 795

"give my perk free value!!! counterplay is CHEATING!!! LEARN TO PLAY!! GRR!!!! IT'S NOT ME THAT'S BAD IT'S YOU!! LEARN TO PLAY!! LEARN TO PLAY!! 😑😑😑😑😑😑😑"

• xEzekanarioX

You didnt get what i meant. I punish people that hides and does absolutely nothing, i dont mind if you rotate over the map to counter my corrupt.

• NotACompPlayer
    NotACompPlayer Member Posts: 193
    edited May 2021

I feel like most people would rather do something over optinal ctrl gameplay in a random match no one cares about.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

I run Corrupt with Doctor, so there's no hiding from me lol

I usually find survivors early since they almost always spawn where the blocked gens are. It helps me get great pressure

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

If you're competitive you wait out the Corrupt and do the side objectives.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,038

A reminder, please keep your posts respectful to others. A civil disdussion can be had without going after one another for their differing opinions.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    edited May 2021

you should always immediately find a gen to work on so you can put as much work on it as you can before the killer shows up or finds your teammate. hiding out corrupt ruins the game for your teammates that are actually trying to get gens done in early game. seriously dude, if all 4 people are on gens while corrupt is up, the killer cant stop them all. please stop waiting for your teammates to be pressured before you decide to start pressuring the killer. doing gens is the only thing that pressures the killer.

• Soulpaw
    Soulpaw Member Posts: 290

The whole point of corrupt is to stall, that's the best case scenario for killers running this, especially trap based killers who use the Time to set up. Your just hurting yourself by letting killers set up or by finding one of you without you knowing since your hiding

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited May 2021

This is certainly the most optimal strategy, although of course when playing solo you'd have to rely on other survivors doing this. In solo it might therefore be better to repair a gen but play overly cautious. If the killer wants to chase you, make sure you're far away from active gens by the time they catch up to you. If they don't commit, rinse and repeat.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

I just head straight to the middle for a gen. If I see the killer before I get there, I hide until they go past then hop on. By the time they come around, I got it to 50% or 100% if they find someone else that can stall them for a bit. It gets a dangerous, open field gen out the way early so you can spread gens out for later game so you don't 3 gen yourselves.