If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

No way it's Lady D or her daughters coming to DBD (obviously re8 spoilers)

Options
IWasLeft2Die
IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

I was very skeptical even before re8 came out that either of them would come to DBD but after playing the castle portion I'm much more confident it won't be any of them for a lot of reasons. Each isn't necessarily the strongest argument by themselves but collectively you do have plenty of reasons for why it won't be them

1. Lady D's height. Yes this has been explained at length already but you have to acknowledge that she is just too tall typically. Sure they could change it maybe but we don't have any reason to believe they for sure would. Her being super tall is one of her more iconic features. It would be similar to giving Nemesis a regular human head but keeping everything else the same. It just fundamentally changes the character.

2. Capcom would have had to lend out the content well before their game was released since BHVR has been working on this chapter for a while now. I just don't see them lending out content before their game releases for a number of reasons.

3. Not iconic like older content. It would be much more simple to add older characters than to just force these ones to work honestly

4. Seems very likely umbrella will be at least heavily involved given the charm which RE8 is way after Umbrella

5. Lorewise wouldn't make sense for the daughters since they are Confined to fairly warm temperatures otherwise they would die. Yes this game isn't cannon but the devs have made it clear that they don't want to contradict fundamental parts of each character

6. Lady D doesn't have any powers in her base form. Yes she has her claws but that's it. The only thing I could maybe see doing is having her be an m1 killer with an instadown but we already have plenty of those. Unless BHVR changed the characters power she would be very simplistic.

7. Lady Ds second form just doesn't work straight up.

8. The daughters power would essentially be Spirit if they had powers. They disappear and reappear mostly with bugs faulting around. People already don't like spirits power currently and I doubt BHVR would add basically the same character that already controversial.

Again, I can see a case for arguing against a few of these points but you are still left with a lot of other issues that just don't make them work in the game.

I just finished the doll portion so maybe the other bosses could work? I still have to play more to see but right now I don't see a killer coming from re8

Comments

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Lol people would still buy the chapter at full price.

I could maybe see a skin working on her but I am skeptical they would do it

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

2. Capcom would have had to lend out the content well before their game was released since BHVR has been working on this chapter for a while now. I just don't see them lending out content before their game releases for a number of reasons.

I'm not convinced it will be anything related to RE8, but I do believe that the DBD devs did get to see some at-the-time upcoming stuff for Stranger Things no? (Obviously someone correct me if I am mistaken)

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,743
    Options

I'd argue that how quickly AND HOW she's beaten makes her a prime target for the Entity.

Miranda on the other hand... she's a plague who can shapeshift, I can rather see her as a special skin for plague

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032
    Options

I honestly think it's more likely for hiesenberg if it's going to be an re8 character. Dudes a prime candidate for killer.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,212
    Options

If the devs do the same bait as with pyramid head, it might acrually be one of the daughters, apparantly they use sicles that are shaped like the 5. ( the 4 for the year 4 anniversary was shaped like ph head).

Out of pure spite that daugfhter should be a nurse spirit hybrid.

Otherwise they deliberately chose the same bait as last year to mislead the community and surprise us with some oldschool RE content.

Imo, jus wait for the chapter and be surprised.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074
    Options

The height thing never mattered. They could bring in Lady D which I still dont think is coming, Mr. X, Nemesis ECT and keep their height the way its supposed to be. For anyone who has been playing these games I'm gonna use Mr. X as an example. Some people say they would desize him but you don't need to. In RE2 when the door is already open which is every DBD door, Mr. X's model bends down to fit under without losing any control of movement and control. They could just add a system in DBD where when you get really close to a door your model bends down and your camera slightly goes down. You can do that same thing with all of them. But honestly I dont think they should add them. SPOILERS FOR RE8: The Witches die VERY early and same with Alcina Dimitrescu. Bringing someone who lingers around longer in the actual games and are more iconic is smarter. As much as I loved playing and beating Village and love those characters they just aren't likely to come in. They would really have a power that unique if they wanted to stick close to what they do in the game. They'd most likely be skins with new animations and voices instead.

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 752
    Options

Lorewise wouldn't make sense for the daughters since they are Confined to fairly warm temperatures otherwise they would die. Yes this game isn't cannon but the devs have made it clear that they don't want to contradict fundamental parts of each character

do you know the temperature of the entity's realm?

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Not the exact temperatures obviously, but the fact that some levels display signs of being below 50 degrees (the temperature that kills the sisters in 8) shows that at least some are below 50.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

I still can't believe how early on she died. I kind of wish she was last or second to last of the 4 lords. The middle two should have been the first two imo.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,849
    Options

I'm happy whichever way, to be honest. However, if it were to be the sisters, their power would be around insects. So, what would this mean for a Candyman chapter or paragraph in future, since it's his signature?

Not that there will be a Candyman chapter for definite, but it would take away a bit from his potential.

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 752
    Options

visual signs like snow, perhaps, but i don't recall ever seeing frosty breath or shivering survivors at ormond or in the meat locker on gideon's.

the entity's realm is not the normal world. it's like a dream, or an afterlife. you can't guarantee it's cold. hell, you can't even guarantee people die at all here. the entity feeds on negative emotion, not deaths, and i'm not even sure all of them are alive in the first place.

• DeadHardMan
    DeadHardMan Member Posts: 319
    Options

Hmm, after looking through the game, it seems you're maybe right. Still, they could be part of the game as legendary skins (Plague and Nurse).

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Yeah and that's something that I thought about including

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,773
    Options

Overall I enjoyed the game, probably because it tried so hard to be RE4.2. That said, I only watched the original trailer and ignored all the press so I was shocked with how early they were killed off.

Game goes full House of the Dead in the 2nd half.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,418
    Options

I read somewhere that Capcom didn't expect her to be as popular as she is. After playing the game I can understand that, she is extremely bland and not interesting as a character at all. Same goes for her daughters.

The most interesting thing about her is where the hell she got that giant bathtub from. The villagers can make the clothes, and I guess being a rich noble it wouldn't be weird to have all the decor for the castle made and delivered, but at some point someone from the village must have contacted an outside company to make a custom giant bathtub.

Surely someone from that company would start asking questions about why nobles in a giant castle in the middle of nowhere are ordering a giant bathtub. And why is it even bathtub, why isn't it something fancy like a whirlpool? There's a lot of gold decor on the walls, surely she can afford a super fancy luxurious whirlpool.

If she is the killer I hope we get an Archives release that focuses on the story of how she got that giant bathtub.

• En3ermost
    En3ermost Member Posts: 298
    edited May 2021
    Options

Good points. She's cool and all but a bit overrated imo.

If they really want to go with one of RE8's 4 Lords as a killer, Heisenberg should be the obvious choice as Beneviento and Moreau wouldn't fit. He's such a cool and charismatic villain.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,009
    Options

1) The demogorgon (in terms of gameplay) is the tallest killer, but is hunched over. In terms of lore from stranger things, demogorons can be up to 10 ft tall: https://strangerthings.fandom.com/wiki/Demogorgon_(species). According to a quick google search. Lady Dimitrescu is said to be about 9.5 ft tall. Also, nothing to say they can't bake that into the killer. Every killer generally has something very unique to them, maybe hers could be that she just towers over everything.

2) There is no "lending" of assets so to speak other than showing art/models of what the character looks like. It's not like they are using the exact same model that is in RE. There are such thing as NDAs so there is no reason they couldn't have shared information even a year or more ago.

3) I mean, shes literally a meme, pretty damn iconic.

4) And pyramid head introduced the konami code into the game that unlocks a spaceship as a charm which is completely unreleated to silent hill but is a nod at konami. They could be nodding at the older games.

5) Everything like this is generally explained as the entity doing entity things. You are also splitting hairs. How does Freddy hit survivors when they aren't dreaming? Why are Pig's traps able to be escaped from? Lorewise it would make sense that they can't escape them because that was the point of that character making inescapable traps.

6) I honestly haven't played the game enough to know enough about this or not. But there are certainly things that can be done. She reminds me of Lust from Full Metal Alchemist though. Could have something to do with her claw/nail/finger things.

7) Maybe, could be part of the power somehow, maybe not directly but could take aspects of it.

8) leatherface and billy exist. Huntress/Deathslinger/Trickster exist. You can make variations of a similar power and it still be unique.

I'll be honest though, i don't think it is going to be her, it really depends on Capcom more than anything. From a marketing standpoint, they most likely would want something from the newer games for obvious reasons. Or maybe they want something from the older games as it reminds people of the franchise so they play the newer ones. Really depends on Capcom and what their goals are.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

Is it ok for me to say that the first time I got chased By Dumitrescu I realized. " ######### I pissed off the wrong #########!"

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

Tbh I’d rather RE8 killer with a classic survivor then someone from RE2. Mr. X is just so far from scary tbh

• RenDesune
    RenDesune Member Posts: 246
    Options

I dont think it's fair to use the lack of a power against lady D, Mr.X would be such a bland killer if you used what he was given in the resident evil games.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

He at least has a shoulder charge attack and an punch a lot. She has her one claw lunge, which everyone has a lunge already