What is your perfect dbd?

kingbojenbo
kingbojenbo Member Posts: 130
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

Ok so we all know this game has problems and it's far from perfect. I lately had been thinking of what I would do to make it as close to balanced or at least fun on both sides.

The first thing I would do is slow killers movement speed a bit. I would bring them down to about a 105-108% on movement. I would also change some killer abilities around (I have some fun ideas on those) and work with cooldown times.

Now changes in survivors, I would have only one health bar for survivors. Here's what I mean, a survivor gets hit and their health slowly decreases so the idea is that they have to heal asap or they eventually bleed out then die. When a survivor heals then the meter stops decreasing but whatever health is left is all the survivor would have for the remainder of the trial. Healing immediately would be very important for survival and also would slow down gen speeds.

I would remove hooks and the entity would take a survivor's soul on bleed out like it does in the endgame collapse. This would help with not taking the time to hook a survivor and instead free the killer to find the next chase. Of course the possibility of camping a downed survivor would be an issue. I feel like a killer's movement speed should slow down the longer they stay within a certain distance near the downed survivor. If the killer stays around a downed survivor let's say for a minute then after a minute the killer would regain the speed they lost.

I have more mechanic concepts but what would all of you do? If BHVR gave you the freedom to mold dbd, what would you do?

Comments

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

If everything could be done in an instant spegati code fixed first

Then bugs

Then optimisation for console

Then rebalance of outdated killers trapper Myers ect.

Add 2 new mechanics

1 trial warmup something that makes the survivors group up at the start before they start gens

2 environmental actions 2 way action both killer and survivor can use it to either lock out or trap in/ injure or stun that have very long cooldown

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

I'd actually like it if the game wasn't dependent on a ranking system, player level is fine; I just don't like the idea of "oh you didn't do this enough" or you did this too much or too quickly. no points for you.

and that goes for both sides too. Pleasing the entity should be lore based, not a gameplay requirement. I don't give a damn if a giant spider god in the sky enjoyed how I played the game or not. Screw that.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited May 2021

I would

-Develop killers with new abilites that are either completely, or in parts, have never seen before in dbd.

-Undone some of the killer nerfs in the past.

Both actions are aimed to bring more diverse people to dbd, because the more diverse a game is in its playerbase, the stronger is it.

-Make moris basekit for survivors that got already hooked twice.

-Rework some maps again, to give survivors more things they can use.

-Maybe thinking of taking some survivor perk nerfs back, to balance the killers out.

-I would add more game modes. Again, to diversify everything. Repairing gens is fine, but there should be more imo.

Edit: And maybe make new items that survivors can use. Either for the new objectives, of the new game modes, or for balance reasons.

Edit²: Like a bucket with mud maybe, to slow killers sometimes a bit down, for a few seconds.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

sometimes I wonder if this game would be better if we deleted exhaustion and slowdown perks.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,609

A perfect DBD for me? Well, it is way too long of a list to post here, but I will tell first thing I would do: I would bring back the old, slower killer animations and nerf gen speeds to compensate.

If you don't know what I am talking about:

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 795

oh ######### i've never seen this before, this is so much more horror movie. they REMOVED this??? absolutely bonkers.

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583

Wow, that looks great, I didn't know that was a thing... :(

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

A game in which people aren't mean and everyone gets along.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,609

It sure looks amazing, doesn't it? One of the treasures of the Dead by Daylight's past. Why did the devs decide that it was a good idea to remove them is beyond me.

I would love to see this in-game again.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Well, there's a list:

Stop rewarding survivors per mistake, that made them so reliant to those perks that they are not learning to play properly or better to say, they don't know what to do if you take that from them

Stronger hex perks... needless to say totems are a high risk/high reward perks but at the moment, most of the hexes are high risk/low reward, Hex: Crowd Control as an example, the perks is nice but it is a hex so it needs something more to be worth taking...

Buffing old perks... sometimes the perk is fine and devs just need to play with the numbers a little... I know they're scared to make them OP, but I think it's easier to give a big buff to certain perk and then nerf it than giving mini-buffs over the years... they're adding more work to themselves in that way and I am sure they already have a lot of work to do.

Adding more breakable walls... they give more BP to killers and they create new ways to escape routes for survivors so it's a win-win situation.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Pressing that big fat delete button on oni 🥵

• DerpyPlayz

Yhea, why didn't they just make the animation faster instead of removing it?

• DerpyPlayz

I agree with everything except that last part, I don't like the breakable walls mostly in the game already as it forces you to take time out of chase to break them, or forces you to go across the map to break them and if you don't break them it typically makes the loops significantly harder until you do.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Better graphics

First person survivor mode

A map which is very hard to see on (survivors get a headlamp) would make for scarier match

Player stats/profile

Customisation options for killer hooks

Make rank reset a quarterly thing, not monthly.

• KiolL
    KiolL Member Posts: 46

With real hits, just that... I dont care campers, tunnelers, rushers,SWF, tryharders... Just want fair hits, Just that

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

A perfect DBD for me would include quality matchmaking, bug fixes, and a practice mode with bots. For a company with over 600 employees and only one game under its belt, there's no reason why these things can't happen.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Actually I was thinking in breakable walls in already placed walls. Like the double L walls. A breakable wall at the side of the window can save you a lot of time.