Does reporting somebody even do anything?

Options

I’ve reported numerous people intentionally throwing the game, afk, or using exploits and I feel like I’ve gotten no news about them. Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

It literally does nothing, the only time they myn't do something is if they're hacking and that's only with video evidence.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

Just like very other reputable game studio - they aren't going to tell you what they did to the person you report. I have never played a game since I began gaming in 1996 that does tell you "Oh we banned them..." etc.

I know people I have reported have been suspended/banned because a few have come into my stream to yell at me for it... lol.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

I've reported many people for chat abuse. And I mean for very hefty words.

I've also reported a handful of hardcore hackers with video evidence and tickets.

Judging by their steam profiles, not even a single sanction was ever handed out.

Take it for what it's worth.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options
  • shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,498
    Options

I doubt it. I've submitted tickets with video evidence and those videos have never been watched.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Tickets for what, though? A lot of people try to report killers for "tunneling" and "camping", among others.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427
    Options

Please make sure first and foremost what you are reporting is also covered here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules There are certain things that get reported which aren't bannable in the first place. Secondly, check the offenses and see if they ask for video evidence - it is listed under there, as some require it.

Reports are looked at, please keep in mind there are a lot of people reporting daily, as there are many people playing the game. So please be patient if you report someone and like others have pointed out, if a temporary ban was given out, it does not show up on someone's profile. Only permanent bans do.

This discussion has been closed.