can someone explain me hit validation

hi guys, i was wondering if hit validation is on and how it should be working when its working right.

i am so done with hits like this

when i have a 30 ping. in chat killer said he has a 70 - 150 ping. so.... can someone explain/tell me? πŸ˜‘

Comments

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399

Well it is a synchronization error not about hitboxes. When killer have high ping(Same can apply survivor) they can hit you from different angle becasue of their latency. Actually he was aimed you before and sent his hatches but due to his ping you did get damaged later. If you were the one that has the problem he probaly wouldnt hit you at the straight empty place so it is all about the latency and synchronization

• FruityPeach
    FruityPeach Member Posts: 17

thanks guys. aaaand... do we know if the devs are doing something about it? or do i just have to accept it? πŸ˜‘

• Starshadw
    Starshadw Member Posts: 266

And personally, I feel this is the crux of the issue. Hit validation should always be in the survivors' favor, not the Killer's. Survivors are playing with the Killer's ping already, which can be a massive disadvantage in trying to deal with latency and lag spikes. To also then give the Killer the weight when it comes to hit validation is just adding insult to injury.

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804

I feel like once I've taken an entire step from the vault after landing I shouldn't be getting hit anymore. Sometimes I get two steps away before the hit registers

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

They said laggy killers won't get hits they don't deserve anymore but I can attest that isn't true from the Chinese VPN Ghostface I just played against.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I don’t believe it exists. I think they said they were adding it to try and appease people but literally nothing changed from before hit validation to now. Until I see any evidence for it I’ll have as much faith in hit validation as I do in the Easter bunny.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

It works the other way around too, but not as often.

Sometimes the killer will swing their weapon so that the model goes through the survivor's model, but the camera will do a weird B-hopping motion and the attack will miss.

Also, Slinger's hitboxes for the Redeemer decide to basically be the opposite of Huntress' hatchets occasionally.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827
    edited May 2021

It's total bs and I'm sick of it. Server side hit validation is a farce. It should operate, and was advertised to operate, as if you have a bad ping you will be punished because the server knows what's going on. Instead, they made it so that whatever the killer sees, is reality. So any killer playing using their cellular Hotspot, burker king wifi, satellite internet, or VPN, has a major unfair advantage. Survivors are disadvantaged whether they have a good or bad ping. How isnthat server side hit validation exactly??? Why did they even bother with dedicated servers, it's basically back to p2p again, except if the killer dodges the lobby you don't have another 10 minute queue. Why the ######### do I play this game again? Idk

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

I can not explain to you hit validation, sorry

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

They tried to put it in, it caused weird issues like huntress and oni not being able to get any hits regardless of ping, they couldn't figure out how to fix it, and it went the same way as console optimisation and whatever that early game mechanic was meant to be - i.e. they won't respond to questions about it

• FruityPeach
    FruityPeach Member Posts: 17

ok so i guess i have to accept it and take a deep breath every time i get hit around a corner πŸ˜‘