Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Thx for removing the down vote button!

Tsulan
Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

That button was miss used anyway.

Comments

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

@ASpazNamedSteve They could always flag you.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

You say that cuz you got spammed by 2 people at every post in a thread, that is! kek!

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

Anything that makes this place less like the cesspit that is Reddit is for the better.

• Runiver

@Brady said:
    Idk, bring it back if you ask me, was nice to see if my post was agreed upon or disagreed.

instead some people got salty about them and now theyre removed. :(

The main issue is : bait threads and such will be coming back, and flagging instead of downvoting doesn't seem very appropriate against these threads.
    Doesn't matter that much tho, at least it may stop the old wave of fake positivity not to get downvoted.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@Tsulan said:

Well seem lik they don't know/care that false flagging someone can get them banned acording to the forum rules

• Runiver

@Dragonredking said:

@Tsulan said:

Well seem lik they don't know/care that false flagging someone can get them banned acording to the forum rules

People are basically now simply flagging when they dislike instead of downvoting.
    That's pretty much what we got in game : getting reported for camping and such.

• lasombra1979

@Runiver said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Tsulan said:

People are basically now simply flagging when they dislike instead of downvoting.
    That's pretty much what we got in game : getting reported for camping and such.

Pretty much. I got two flags in this thread simply for stating people can just flag you instead of down voting.

• Setsune
    Setsune Member Posts: 71

Wait, the rank 20 looping survivors can't downvote veterans that care about balance anymore? THIS FORUM IS DOOMED. xD

• Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    It was a good change. People that were narrow minded or just immature would just down vote stuff they didn't understand.

oh noes someone downvoted a post on a forum no one knows about!

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    It was a good change. People that were narrow minded or just immature would just down vote stuff they didn't understand.

Yeah, sure. People only downvoted the things they didn't understand. It definitely wasn't things they didn't agree with or like.

Where is the eyeroll emoji when you need it?

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited June 2018

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Yeah, sure. People only downvoted the things they didn't understand. It definitely wasn't things they didn't agree with or like.

🙄 will this do?
  • mintchapstick
    edited June 2018

@ThePloopz said:
    🙄 will this do?

:+1:

Also, sidenote, here's a thing that feels more passive aggressive than the actual downvote button:

:-1:

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

I did not even notice

• Tsulan

@Runiver said:
    You say that cuz you got spammed by 2 people at every post in a thread, that is! kek!

Shh don´t tell anyone. :p

• Tsulan

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

The downvote button is now left to the quote button.
    Any forum that has only up, but no downvotes is kinda pathetic in my opinion.
    And anyway, if you cant express your "down voting" via the button, there will always be other ways and I prefer simply perssing a button (someone pressing the button under my comment) instead of the pointless trashtalking when someone disagrees with an argument but doesnt provide any counter argument besides from "git gut" or "break the pallet"

I got 70 downvotes in a single day, because i had an unpopular opinion and defended it.
    I also got a ton of downvotes when i proposed a change for the hatch, which included the removal of the hatch. People would only read the first phrase of my proposal and instantly downvote. Very mature indeed.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Tsulan said:

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

And anyway, if you cant express your "down voting" via the button, there will always be other ways and I prefer simply perssing a button (someone pressing the button under my comment) instead of the pointless trashtalking when someone disagrees with an argument but doesnt provide any counter argument besides from "git gut" or "break the pallet"

I got 70 downvotes in a single day, because i had an unpopular opinion and defended it.
    I also got a ton of downvotes when i proposed a change for the hatch, which included the removal of the hatch. People would only read the first phrase of my proposal and instantly downvote. Very mature indeed.

And thats a good thing.
    If the majority is agains your idea, you can simply see it by looking at the votes

It might be bad too show downvotes/upvotes in the profile because some guys think they need to "collect" upvotes, gj facebook btw, but the downvote button by itself causes no issue tbh

I prefer geting an instant downvote after the first phrase instead of a generic "killer main crybaby" comment believe my idea. Leave the comments for the mature guys with rational arguments and give the kids the option to vent their anger with the downvote button :wink:

• Sleepy
    Sleepy Member Posts: 107

I noticed since the removal of the "Downvote" button the "Flag" one is being misused.

I hope the admins can implement a feature that will disable voting for abusers.

• Tsulan

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

And thats a good thing.
    If the majority is agains your idea, you can simply see it by looking at the votes

It might be bad too show downvotes/upvotes in the profile because some guys think they need to "collect" upvotes, gj facebook btw, but the downvote button by itself causes no issue tbh

I prefer geting an instant downvote after the first phrase instead of a generic "killer main crybaby" comment believe my idea. Leave the comments for the mature guys with rational arguments and give the kids the option to vent their anger with the downvote button :wink:

Problem is, the majority are survivors. If any proposal that would benefit killers, gets nuked. While every proposal that benefits survivors, becomes the best thing ever, then this game will end up even worse than it already is.

A few days ago, Evolve announced that they´ll shutdown the servers.
    DbD does the same mistakes.

• lasombra1979

@Visionmaker said:

Are you really still salty about downvotes that happened days ago? And did you really have to have another personal circlejerk thread about it? Yeesh.

I like the Circle Jerks, they are a great band........oh wait, that is not what you meant......moving on.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited June 2018

@Visionmaker said:
    Are you really still salty about downvotes that happened days ago? And did you really have to have another personal circlejerk thread about it? Yeesh.

Imagine making multiple threads because of something so simple such as being down voted.

Now people are flagging each other because they don't like each others opinions.

Its ######### glorious...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vodq_CYtRYs

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

And thats a good thing.

Yes, it would be a good thing,

If it didn't hide post and whole thread like the downvote system we had was.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

@mintchapstick said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Nah, save it. I'm right.

I'm glad I hit a nerve man. People were clearly downvoting for no reason. Like myself and others would bring up things in a polite and nice way... things that were objective or interesting...

It wouldn't even be a personalized message... and we'd all get downvoted. Why?

Because that person didn't like what was said? That wasn't the point of downvoting. It was to disagree with something.

But not all posts are disagreeable are they? Yet they were still downvoted.

Reinsert .50 and please try again.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited June 2018

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    Nah, save it. I'm right.

I'm glad I hit a nerve man. People were clearly downvoting for no reason. Like myself and others would bring up things in a polite and nice way... things that were objective or interesting...

It wouldn't even be a personalized message... and we'd all get downvoted. Why?

Because that person didn't like what was said? That wasn't the point of downvoting. It was to disagree with something.

But not all posts are disagreeable are they? Yet they were still downvoted.

Reinsert .50 and please try again.

I think the only ones with their nerves hit, are the ones that complained that their opinion wasn't popular.

Seriously, who cares if you were down voted?

• hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121

Don't worry. The lol button still exists.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

Yeah now you just get spammed flags. At least now the mods will be able to determine the people that abused the system easier.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@Runiver said:

Yeah, one of the numerous way to abuse it, like on the Reddit survivor's circlejerk.

You don't see a problem with it ?

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited June 2018

@weirdkid5 said:
    Yeah now you just get spammed flags. At least now the mods will be able to determine the people that abused the system easier.

And que the agent smith laugh, it’ll be perfect for my situation

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

We removed it because we want to create a positive environment for players to exchange about the game.

The flags / reports are reviewed by the mods and will be treated within the Forum rules.

It is not against the rules to have an unpopular opinion, which is why we took the feature away.

• Runiver

@Giche said:

@Runiver said:

Yeah, one of the numerous way to abuse it, like on the Reddit survivor's circlejerk.

You don't see a problem with it ?

I do, to some extent. Removing the possibility to SPAM downvotes over several posts should be a thing.
    Tho, expressing a downvote/upvote to voice your opinion in some ways is also very informative.

@not_Queen said:
    We removed it because we want to create a positive environment for players to exchange about the game.

The flags / reports are reviewed by the mods and will be treated within the Forum rules.

It is not against the rules to have an unpopular opinion, which is why we took the feature away.

Now it's actually kinda hard to tell if a feature is actually liked or debatable tho, sadly.

• mintchapstick

@not_Queen said:

Thank you for the official response!

I think the main issue with downvotes is that it hid posts, which I didn't actually realize until someone mentioned it in this thread. It's a bit of an odd system, actually. I've only seen that on Reddit.

• Runiver

@mintchapstick said:

@not_Queen said:

Thank you for the official response!

I think the main issue with downvotes is that it hid posts, which I didn't actually realize until someone mentioned it in this thread. It's a bit of an odd system, actually. I've only seen that on Reddit.

Just removing the hiding post feature, along with the spamming of downvotes over several posts in the same thread would have adressed this tho.

• Tsulan

@Tsulan said:

I just love how that message got 3 times flagged.
    Irony at it´s best.