Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hindrances: a survivor concept

Survivors, on average, receive considerably fewer Bloodpoints from playing games, this is something players on both sides appear to agree on. With the latest tome we introduced the Blue Glyph, which gives a de-buff (oblivious/blindness) to survivors who grab them.

I purpose that a similar concept be introduced to the game, Hindrances, essentially debuffs survivors can choose to equip that effect their game. A few concepts I had come up with include the following:

1. Sluggish: Your exhaustion timer is paused while injured. If no exhaustion perk is chosen this Hindrance applies a 3% speed penalty. (Grants 100 % bonus Bloodpoints in the Boldness Category.)
  2. Romantic: For the duration of the trial you become exposed if you are not withint 32m of another survivor. (Grants 100% bonus Bloodpoints in the Altruism Category.)
  3. Possessive: Your obsession with your possessions means you refuse to part ways. For the duration of the trial you cannot drop or use items picked up. (Grants 25 % bonus Bloodpoints in all Categories.)
  4. Proud: Your beauty is meant to be spared, for the first 30 seconds of the match your aura is revealed to the killer. If you escape the trial without being injured: (Grants 100 % bonus Bloodpoints in all Categories)

These would be applied as handicaps for the survivors to choose to apply, there are countless varieties that could be created and introduced, I believe this would enhance overall game play for both survivors and killers.

Comments

• ThatBoiEthan
    ThatBoiEthan Member Posts: 2

I love this concept! I believe that the whole glyph mechanic could be more utilized. This is absolutely amazing!

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

Romantic is way too punishing and Proud is way too hard, but I like the idea. I would also like survivor bloodpoints to be increased overall in addition to something like this, they just lost the struggle points too which sucks.