Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Spirit Nerf Concept

Krunga
Krunga Member Posts: 159
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

After unphasing she cannot attack for 2 seconds and sounds of survivors can't be heard.

There I made her balanced, get to it.

Comments

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Don't nerf her, rework her.

I don't want her nerfed to dirt I want her to be enjoyable to play against and take more than 2 brain cells to play.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

She needs a full on rework at this point. If they really don’t want to do that give her a penalty for missing a phase

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209
    edited May 2021

Her phase is designed to be used is short bursts, so a penalty for 'missing a phase hit' can't really work.

Instead, she should get a penalty for depleting the phase gauge, so that you need to be selective in when you phase so you don't risk completely running out of it. Make it a fairly long stun, longer than Nurse gets for blinks, and you have a high cost for something that's simple to avoid if you're frugal with your phasing.

Better yet. have depleting the gauge inflict a 5s stun, and disable all phasing for 10s.

It raises the skill ceiling a little, and results in Spirits phasing a lot less often to conserve gauge.

Being able to hit immediately after de-phasing is still essential as a 110% killer. Remove that by putting in your 2s delay and phasing is literally just a movement tool that can't be used to actually score hits. She becomes worse than Wraith.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

The three changes I think would make Spirit 'fair' and still 2nd stongest killer are:

1) There is a clear audio cue when Spirit enters Phase when a Survivor is within 12m of her.

2) She can no longer hear survivors groans of pain while in Phase (but can still hear footsteps and breathing).

3) A lot of her duplicate add-ons (movement speed, duration, charge time, recovery speed) should be altered to make them aid her in mindgames and adjust her power slightly to allow a variety of different gameplay.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209
    edited May 2021

I'd be for the audio cue when phasing if there was an add-on (even Very Rare, but not Ultra) that disabled it. Otherwise, those mind-games are precisely what Spirit is about, and is what gives her anti-loop potential. Without it, she has little anti-loop, and if she can't tell where the survivor is, none at all.

By all means make it harder to discern a survivors exact location when phasing, so there's more skill involved with making good reads, but don't just totally give away the mind game potential.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

My criteria for a nerf would be:

- Survivors ALWAYS hear the phasing sound when the spirit is phasing, no matter what.

- Something else for counterplay... (Maybe directional phasing sound, no sound for spirit, etc.)

- Her addons need to be nerfed they are very oppressive.

But a full on rework would probably be better, im just not too creative.

My 1st and 3rd points are most important in my opinion though if she gets nerfed not reworked.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

Survivors knowing that she is phasing while in a loop with her doesn't mean they instantly win that chase.

The Spirit can still manipulate her power to catch survivors out and win the tile/score the hit - she can enter Phase, survivor hears the audio cue and decides to walk away from the tile instantly avoiding grass to give no visual sign of movement, the Spirit pops out of Phase a second after entering Phase and sees them walking away, gets the hit. She can then use this to condition and mindgame & manipulate to win subsequent tiles and chases (as one example). This way the Phase gameplay while inside a chase is an actual interaction between both roles; rather than being a guessing game for survivors majority of the time. Everything with her gameplay should be mindgames and manipulation.