I hate Pyramid Head's dailies with every single fiber of my being.

NomiNomad
NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Why does it have to be tormenting the Survivors? Why can't it just be hitting them with punishment of the damned? Survivors avoid that ######### like the plague. To the point of just avoiding loops. I know torment sucks, but please just LET ME GET MY GODDAMN DAILY.

I've played like 4 games. I don't wanna play PH anymore :(

Comments

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Then there's me who always manages to somehow walk into the tiniest ######### random patch of torment.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Or inflict torment on 4 survivors. It's easy to do by just laying a few trails while looping.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Not if the survivors are... Vaguely decent.

PH's counterplay is predropping pallets and holding W. Maybe sometimes taking a window. Forcing torment on survivors that know the basics of wasting a killers time is like... Well, as put above, it's like trying to hit a survivor while still Undetectable from Demo's portals. You have to wait for a completely clueless, probably-watching-youtube survivor to come along and feed you the daily.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

Yeah, that is a bit annoying. It really should be punishment instead.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

Yeah, that is a bit annoying. It really should be punishment instead.

• lagosta

Only inexperienced survivors go out of their way to avoid stepping on the trail inside a chase. In a simple loop, you can just lay a bit of trail on the pallet and proceed to follow the survivor. If they remain in the area, no matter if they throw the pallet early or not, they need to step on it.

It's not hard to inflict torment. The main issue with the ritual for me is that not all times I want to send someone away to the gulag.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Then all I get are inexperienced survivors. The survivors I get when playing PH will do anything to avoid Torment. Including just avoiding loops.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,765

i 100% completely agree i hate his daily so much

you can lay trails at loops all you like, when his best counterplay is to pre-drop a pallet and continue holding w for the hills it won't be doing much. trust me.

• MadLordJack

I'm sorry, only inexperienced survivors know how to counter PH? Did you just seriously suggest that good survivors loop a killer that can't be looped because he will hit you in a locked animation?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,765

if good survivors loop pyramid head then i guess i only face really, really bad people that escape significantly more than good surviors due to me just not having a power :/

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I feel like killer dailies as a whole need to be looked at as a lot of them don't make sense:

Blight's daily requires you to DOWN survivors with his power but normal power hits don't count.

Plague's daily requires you to basic attack max infection survivors but corrupt purge hits don't count.

Demo's daily requires landing fully charged shreds instead of just landing shreds for some arbitrary reason.

Getting a chase survivors for 3 minutes as a 110% killers whom mainly down survivors very quickly in chase or aren't in active chase state for most of their chases.

• MadLordJack

Blight's is especially annoying because half the time you shouldn't be using your lethal rush.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited May 2021

Yes, that mission is a pain, I've been playing Pyramid Head lately and i don't understand why survivors try to avoid the trails at all cost, They sometimes give me a free hit and even a down by just avoiding to step in the trail, what's the point? are they simply idiots?

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

I'll never understand the rank 20 mindset against Pyramid Head

Like do they think it does damage? Maybe instantly sacrifice if they touch the goop?

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Its also frustrating as I would rush into a survivor while patrolling generators.

Hit them with lethal rush then they would hug a loop not letting me down them with lethal rush.

So I have legit had games where I maxed out Deviousness as blight but didn't even come close to completing his daily.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,294

Honestly it should be a mix of hitting survivors with your skillshot or caging them. Would make dailies for PH less sufferable and create less tunnelvision for killer.

• lagosta

Saying PH cannot be looped speaks volumes about your poor attitude when facing him. Keep on the good work.

• MadLordJack

Really? You're actually serious about this, aren't you? His power is the ability to hit you at pallets and windows.

I really, really want your PH's. They must be genuinely terrible, going for trick shots and whatnot instead of taking guaranteed hits. This is like someone claiming you can loop Nurse.

• KillerKirby
    KillerKirby Member Posts: 79

Alright my children I am here to teach you the technique.

Step 1 Locate the basement

Step 2 Locate a booty

Step 3 slap them cheeks

Step 4 hook them cheeks in the basement

Step 5 Draw pretty blood picture with magic sword

Step 6 Stay near basement

Step 7 when they go in basement follow and threaten to clap more cheeks

step 8 let them truly enjoy your artwork with heartbeat clapping.

dis is da way

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

With how much people avoid trails I could swear they got a loading screen tip that says "Torment Trails will INSTANTLY kill you and subtract a million bloodpoints from your account and you get banned for a week"

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,938
    edited May 2021

It reminds me alot of the old Pig daily where you had to kill 4 Survivors with RBT's.

Caging is still easier but when you play optimal you will not cage 4 People in one match unless you extremely go out of your way to torment people which is bad and a big time waste.

But I agree, it should be "hit 4 Survivors with PotD"

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

Huh, I had no idea people hated his daily so much, maybe it's just that I play alot of Pyramid Head so I just eventually finish it without realising it

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

It would be nice if the devs considered a way to let us discard Daily Rituals we don't like and have them replaced with a new one. This could be abused, so maybe limit it to only once per day or something. /s

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

They’re probably used to the Pyramid Heads that will spend a while ensuring you become tormented before you go down so they can hook you, hit you off unhook and then immediately send you to a cage, then tunnel you out of the cage. They’d rather avoid getting tormented and take a down than get tormented and be deleted from the game.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

I try to just play normally and get it over several games, but I agree, that daily is worse than the old Ghostface one.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

Obviously, you could also just trash it and hope for an easier daily.