Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

J-flick question

Wase
Wase Member Posts: 5
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

Everyone are happy that J-flick are not more allowed because that's was an unintentional feature.

SWF mode was not designed to play on discord with your friends and talk all the time with a BIG advantage on the Killer. But that's strange how another UNINTENTIONAL feature is allowed for survivors but not for KIllers.

And not, SWF was NOT designed for talk on discord with your friends. But we all know if BHvr would delete that, all survivors will just quit the game because they can't play without a feature so op. Or probably they will never do that because Survivors are the best skin-buyers <3

SWF on discord was an unintentional feature but never reworked and all Killers that play DBD just deal with that, deal with Key abusing, BT and DS spam, we all deal with all your ######### but when one beatiful game mechanics born unintentionally y'all just cry because hey, that's a killer thing so "plz bhvr fix that exploit mueeeeh mueeeh need a fix for this bad thing but please don't fix keys-abusing or abusing of bug for preventing the killer to grab me from the ground."

People really think Blight's J-flick are like "Let me change my dpi and magically I willl get a beatiful and perfectly predicted hit" are so dumb and probably never tried to achieved that skill. And most probably never played Killer or Blight.

That was a beatiful feature and not hard to dodge at all, I played against many Blight can perform J-flick and when you know they know do that you can easly mindgame the flick. People that complain about flicks are just bad in the game against every killer, not just Blight <3 Before someone say "Another Blight Main blabla", I play 17 Killers in my roster so, just improve your skills.

Blight j-flick not allowed, Spirit with Stridor + Sound equalizer is allowed. Interesting. So much skill required to play a Spirit then a Blight. So many salty players in this game, and is the reson the game is so ######### unbalanced. In both ways, not just for killers or survivors.

P.S: Sorry about my english, it's not my native language

Comments

• Pixel_BoomBot
    Pixel_BoomBot Member Posts: 116

J-flick IS an unintentional feature and can be prevented by game design.

Spirit with Stridor is allowed cause you don't need to modify anything on your end + it's part of the game.

With j-flick, you need to bump up your mouse sensitivity with DPI, something YOU modify on your end.

As for SWF, voice chat it something BHVR can't be prevent by game design, so there is literally nothing they can do about that.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587
  • MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Not only do the Devs encourage people to play and chat with their friends, plenty of killers such as myself hate walking all over full solo lobbies.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
    edited May 2021

Surprised you come up with these weird comparisons but don't mention the 2 that are always compared. Stretch res and the j-flick were always considered the 2 exploits that need to be removed. Big surprise j-flicks gone but stretched has been around for 2 years. Id love to see peoples assumption for stretched being around for 2-4 years but j-flick lasts a few months. And not queen and almo did confirm stretched is a exploit.

Post edited by supersonic853 on
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

well thats probaply going to be because one is harder to get rid off than the other.

if it has been confirmed to be an exploit, then it is going to get fixed eventually.

and i dont like how both of you imply that the "survivor exploit" never gets fixed but the "killer exploit" gets fixed immediately.

that sounds an awful lot like the common "us vs them" mentality that, sadly, is quite prominent here on this forum.

an exploit is an exploit, no matter which side it is from. if one is being fixed quickly, that is a good thing - and im going to be quite honest with you guys, stretched res has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion and i really dont see how its even remotely relevant here other than fueling this "us vs them" mentality and getting some unnecessary debates going.

sadly, the way both of your messages come across is like saying J-Flick should not have been patched out, because Stretched Res hasnt been patched out yet, which is just an objectively wrong way to look at it.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I will not be satisfied until the entire front page is completely populated by topics about the (now settled) J-flick issue.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
  • supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
    edited May 2021

Nah just confused personally on whats taking stretched so long. And if you know a lot about stretched you know it isnt survivor only. Stretched is also used by huntress,blight,billy (shouldn't have nerfed his pov) and nurse players. And i guess really any killer who wants a better pov. So i didn't imply anything about it being survivor only. And my post was just acting what you said at the end of yours. Because i honestly doubt the devs will fix stretched since they've known about it for 2 years. And the rate bhvr honestly moves? Doubtful.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

well, i cant comment on why its taking them so long - i'd actually love to know that myself.

and while you are right that its also something that can be used by Killers, 99.95% of the stretched res complaints are about Survivors using it to look over a loop they shouldnt be able to look over, while for Killers its basically just a free Shadowborn (which is still bad, but much less impactfull), which means its an exploit that mostly favours survivors (hence the title "survivor exploit").

my apologies if you really didnt mean it like that.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Keys and DS just got pretty big nerfs.

Aside from that, SWF is an intended feature, unlike J-flicking, which was an exploit. Sure, the comms part of SWF isn't intended, but nothing can be done about it besides adding proximity chat, which no one with a brain wants.

• MasterGrit
    MasterGrit Member Posts: 331

J flick is not gone and it's now legal, not an exploit anymore

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440