If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Pips bugged

Options
bm33
bm33 Member Posts: 8,079
edited May 2021 in Bug Reporting

Today most of my matches the pip system has been bugged. I had multiple matches where I should've earned atleast +1 pip based on emblems and the progress bar but the rank progress will say 0 or -1 and I will receive 0 or -1 pip instead of the +1 pip I earned. I've had several matches where the killer was afk and progress bar will show I should safety pip but I will either -1 pip or +1 pip. This last match I should've +2 pip, rank progress says +1 pip but I actually 0 pip because I went into the match as rank 12 with 1 pip.

It's pretty random so hard to recreate. One match pips will be fine, next few it'll be wrong, then it will be fine again for a match or two. I'm on ps4 with crossplay off if that matters.

Last night I had closed out of the game as rank 4 and today was reset to rank 15. Between reset and pips both being bugged the ranking system just feels completely broken.

31 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342
    Options

Yeah I have this problem from time to time. Some matches I will do everything under the sun and gain no pips. Others I do little from being killed fast and get a pip?? Two days ago I played like 10 matches and nothing changed as far as pips. After closing and starting the game it corrected itself.

• PerfectFaceTrash
    PerfectFaceTrash Member Posts: 1
    Options

I'm getting extremely not happy about this. I have not been pipping up OR down for days now. At this point, I should be rank 3, but I am stuck at rank 5 and 4 pips. I just earned two for this last match and am stuck at exactly the same place. I'm going to be extremely irritated if they give me bloodpoints to make up for this garbage. At this point, if you want to make up for all my progress lost, give me auric cells, since those are at least worth something.

I get that things go wrong. But there's a point at which throwing things we earn for free anyway at us isn't enough to solve the frustration. This is that point. Please fix the damn problem, devs.

• Cloudedfate
    Cloudedfate Member Posts: 1
    Options

I have had multiple matches today where as the other have said i should have been receiving pips but haven't. It the photos below you can see that i earned 4 iridescent medals as trapper but my rank progress is only +1 when it should be a +2 game. In the second photo you can see my rank 9 emblem with 0 pips even though i just earned 2.

• bm33
    Options

Just lost 4 pips in match against camping Bubba when I should've safety pipped. Can see I had 7 with 2 pips and dropped to 8 with 3 pips.

• darkshadows8326
    darkshadows8326 Member Posts: 359
    Options

I am also having the problem of getting to the first pip but having 0 rank progression

• bm33
    Options

Still losing pips when I am supposed to gain a pip. Instead of +1 pip dropped from 5 with 1 pip down to 6 with 4 pips.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,049
    Options

This is a new one. Although this hasn't been the first time recently.

This is my old post but this had another cause I think.

• bm33
    Options

Thanks for sharing your old post. I remember commenting on it with my pip issues at the time. Think pips were fixed for a bit but whatever broke rank reset maybe also bugged pips too.

• jbugsyy
    jbugsyy Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2021
    Options

It's been happening to me, just started yesterday but I only really took it into account today that it wasn't giving me pips. Initially, yesterday, it took a pip away when I shouldn't have gotten one or lost one, and the two matches I played today didn't give or take any (picture)

Edit: I also just remembered that yesterday during the 3 matches I played, it always said "Rank Progress -53" for some reason

• bm33
    Options

Forgot to take screen shot but had a match where a gained a pip when I shouldn't have - was nice change from only losing or safety pip when in supposed to gain a pip.

Killer DC'd after second gen was completed, according to the progress bar I should've had safety pip but instead rank progress said +1 and I did in fact gain the pip - went from 5 with 3 pips to 5 with 4 pips.

• bm33
    Options

*sigh*

• bm33
    Options

Losing a pip when I'm supposed to gain one. 😒

• TheClausOfficial
    TheClausOfficial Member Posts: 113
    Options

I play on PS4 and i confirm that the pips are annoyed.

These are the proofs:

This is the video of the bug in live:

https://youtu.be/Csaq8fsfoTc

This is the picture of the bug:

• PlaytoTV
    PlaytoTV Member Posts: 22
    Options

I also just escaped and got deranked for no reason. (PC)

• PlaytoTV
    PlaytoTV Member Posts: 22
    Options

I also just got deranked for no reason

• TheClausOfficial
    edited June 2021
    Options

Guys, in addition to confirming the bug, vote the problem started by @bm33, in such a way that the developers realize how many people are experiencing the same problem...

• bm33
    Options

Played 3 matches today. 2 matches I should've safety pipped but I actually lost a pip.

• pejii
    pejii Member Posts: 79
    Options

pip system for sure is crewed up with the 5.0.0 update, and it seems the way it works is completely different for each player, while we are at the subject, here is how the new system awards me:

• TheClausOfficial
    Options

Today, when I reopened the game, I noticed that the pips count automatically settles, at least for the killer rank, as far as I know, then, I don't know if the same thing happens to the surviving rank as well. But I must say that it is still very irritating, every time, to close and reopen the game to restore the pips count. That said, for those who are having the same problem and at the same time want to play DBD, take my advice. I want to emphasize that this is just my advice, everyone, of course, is free to do what he wants.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

Also having this issue. Pips up and pips down are having no effect on my rank half the time, and I'm getting inaccurate readings, like depipping when I'm actually at the threshold for pipping up.

• TheClausOfficial
    edited June 2021
    Options

Same thing happened to me, but to me the pips count settled by itself, opening and closing the game, I'm on PS4, maybe for other platforms the same thing may not happen...

However it is always better that the problem is solved, every time, it is annoying to open and close the game to fix the pips...

• ujyuk18
    ujyuk18 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I have emblem problem. For 8k in altruism got only silver. This happens very often

• bm33
    Options

Still losing pips when I shouldn't after patch 5.0.1. Closing and reopening the game did not restore the lost pip.

• Nutsuko
    Nutsuko Member Posts: 1
    Options

Same here

• PsychoTron
    PsychoTron Member Posts: 348
    Options

same here. 1st time happening so Im guessing the 5.0.0 or .1 patch messed up the pip system for me.

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440
    Options

I'm stuck for few days at rank 4 with 3 pips, same with Killer but rank 3 with 3 pips, no progress at all.

• TheClausOfficial
    Options

I'm sorry, to me, before patch 5.0.1, close and reopen the game, it made the pips fix, at least on PS4...

• bm33
    Options

I'm on ps4 too. Definitely a bummer but atleast now I know not to bother with closing/reopening every time I lose a pip when I shouldn't have.

• TheClausOfficial
    Options

The problem existed even before patches 5.0.0 and 5.0.1, you go see when the report started by @bm33.

• Paul0121
    Paul0121 Member Posts: 26
    Options

This just happened to me not long ago, put me back into rank 4 then it changed to a pip loss and back into rank 5 🤷

• TheClausOfficial
    Options

Today, after a session of a few hours, the pips count did not bother me at all. I think at this point I am thinking that the bug does not very often but randomly, which is why the bug is not so easily recognized by the developers. I was wrong not to save some screenshots to show that I am telling the truth, if I will play other games and the bug does not recur, I will also show you the screens with the pips count. (I'm on PS4)

• Huzzag
    Huzzag Member Posts: 12
    Options

I got zero progression for survival/unbroken.

• TheClausOfficial
    edited June 2021
    Options

Today, I played 3 out of 3 games and there was no bug regarding the pips count. I was right, the bug happens randomly, always if the bug is still present...

• bm33
    Options

Hopped on to help my swf teammate get a challenge done he was stuck on. Should've gained a pip, rank progress says 0, I actually lost a pip. Glad I hopped on when I didn't want to play with the performance issues only for this to happen. 🤦‍♀️

• banah
    banah Member Posts: 19
    Options

Same

• Rockin
    Rockin Member Posts: 7
    Options

I'm also stuck on rank. Played for hours and pips didn't move.

• Bzrro85
    Bzrro85 Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2021
    Options

Mine, too.

I am on PC, so it is not console-exclusive.

This isn't a new issue. It's been going on for quite some time.

• stvnhthr
    stvnhthr Member Posts: 777
    Options

confirmed

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,049
    Options

Again? This happened about 6 month ago as well.

• stvnhthr
    stvnhthr Member Posts: 777
    Options

I safety pipped and got +1. buggy pips

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Options

I have this problem frequently. Just a couple days ago I played a perfect match and was supposed to double pip, But got 0.