The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How would you react if the developers put a gun into Dead by Daylight?

Jarol
Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

I was thinking, as is an upcoming RE chapter, what would happen if the developers lost their minds and gave us a "Gun with a bullet" as a last resort for survivors if there are no pallets or if someone is about to die? Think about it, it would be a meme to introduce it in a Resident Evil chapter just like the firecrackers in the lunar new year event. Imagine a bullet was like a pallet stun with only 3 seconds a single bullet, What do you think if the developers introduced a weapon for the survivors?

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,166

Jokes on you survivors when I pick up the gun and shoot you in the knee!

WHERE'S YOUR SPRINT BURST NOW MEG!?!?!?!?

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Hey David, how are you going to Dead Hard IF I BLOW OFF YOUR LEGS?

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Sounds like something that would make Legion balanced

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

"To compensate, survivors have been given artillery and bulletproof vests. Getting hit by a mortar will immediately boot the killer out of the game and uninstall Dead by Daylight from your platform automatically.

• TobeySK
    TobeySK Member Posts: 25

I'd like it if it would give the killer the opportunity to insta-kill 1 survivor

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

A stun really needs to be avoidable or else killers will never pick up survivors again.

Imagine losing 4 survivors on your shoulder cause they all have a portable stun.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
  • Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

Let me put it to you this way...

You think killers cry now because of DS? 😂

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

You forgetting this man exists?

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I would be fine with Wolf Creek's Mick Taylor.

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 795

a gun, with one bullet, that requires a headshot, and there's no crosshair? pretty sure people would just stick to the flashlights.

that said, if i'm chasing claudette and then she suddenly spins around and pulls a gun on me i'm shitting my pants then and there.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

It would be the perfect argument so that Temple of Man does not exist and they give Ash his Boomstick.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

I'd love it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, they should totally add a gun that staggers killers when they get shot. For balance purposes it should only really slow down and not stun, so no shoulder saves.

• Kate_Main_01
    Kate_Main_01 Member Posts: 504

The devs would never do this as the backlash from Killers would be too severe. I don't foresee Survivors getting any new items anytime soon - the last significant change to items that I know of was a buff to flashlights (I think?) and a nerf to toolboxes.

Also I could just imagine how terrible the hitboxes would end up being on the Killers. With what they are for Survivors I can just imagine the thousands of threads about getting shot through walls, around corners, etc. It also seems like a good way to increase hostility between Survivors and Killers.

As an almost exclusive Survivor, I am cringing just imagining turning around and seeing three Survivors waiting at the exit gate to all shoot the Killer in succession and stun him for a solid 15 seconds followed by enough tea to fill the Boston harbor all over again. No thank you!