The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Playing in the evening

TobeySK
TobeySK Member Posts: 25

I normally like it to play as a killer in the evening because you can find a match quite fast, but on the other site I get way more matches against swf groups and red-rank players (I'm green rn).

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

Yeah, I like the fast queues in the evening. I dunno how these guys have the energy to be so competitive about matches, though. I'm like half with-it and it's like, "Wow, how did that survivor get way over there... ? Is that the one I was chasing?" I dunno, gotta be weird for the red ranks to get a yellow rank killer who's less likely to try to kill them and more likely to ask, "Hey, when did four gens get done?"

Matchmaking really needs to get fixed. This is bad for everyone. I'm the killer newbies should be practicing with, not the one red ranks should be depipping against.

The rank disparity isn't quite as bad earlier in the day, but it's still there.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

It may depend on region, crossplay and ranks. For me, going from the afternoon and later, trials become increasingly easier. At a certain point , I can 4k 9 out of 10 trials while eating my dinner. However, earlier in the day I get mostly comletent survivors.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

Same. It feels like the later I play, the more rainbow lobbies i get throwing into.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,057
    edited May 2021

From how I understand it, you get more SWFs at night because people are all home from work/school/etc, and are more able to coordinate, where people playing during the day aren't as likely to have their friends on. Which is also why people switch to survivor at night - you can't play killer in pubs with your friends.

Of course, matchmaking throws up its hands when this happens and starts pairing rank 14s with four rank 2s, so it leads to pretty unfun outcomes.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Well that is how the game is at this point. Played Saturday 2 weeks ago 15 games. 8pm to 1am in Eu on PC. 12 games were 3-4 men swf (checked profiled but I have the policy to never dodge), one double 2 mens, one pure console symbols and one all solo.

Rank/skill wise all over the place. Many red/purple as green rank myself but the solo lobby was ironically pure red rank.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,132

Evening play on a weekend is especially tailored for those unable to visit their dominatrix during covid, but are desperate for that degradation.

Effectively, it's a free service!