We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Serious Issue & Questions about Chat filter. Need a serious answer. We need a Chat Filter Toggle.

Pilot
Pilot Member Posts: 1,158
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

So I was in this match, right?

I was duo with some random I found in a previous match. We were both pretty good, so he added me and he slid into my DM's and joined me for my next upcoming matches.

He was clicking his flashlight to get the attention of the killer and off my back and some can interpret that as toxic. I do it sometimes as well, anything to avert the killer's attention for 1 second if that's all my teammate needs to get away.

Then in the endgame lobby, this Wraith told us and my friend to "go yeet ourselves off ceiling strangulation". It did not sound like this, but I'm doing it for the Forum's Sake. If this is offensive, mods will find a way to censor it or something as long as it's not taken out of context / misinterpreted....

I should mention the Wraith told us quite a few things that were censored before telling us that which was not censored.

So my questions are:

• If someone says something offensive that should be reported, like racial slurs / to go yeet myself for example how do I know ? How do I know if it's worth reporting?
  • Does BHVR have some sort of system that automatically detects what's been censored and ads it to a list of that account's offenses? Like the amount of times he / she has said for example, racial slurs? And once it reaches a certain threshold, an automatic ban will be handed?

If it doesn't have such a system, I think one should be implemented and should only effect these kind of slurs and once it reaches a certain threshold, they will be accordingly dealt with.

Then again, we have words like "damn" "crap" being censored. We also have words like "######### on hook" that are also censored, which can be taken heavily out of context when someone refers to someone doing it on hook. "Oh player X, killed themselves on hook, that's why you lost"

Being able to see swears and other stuff should be allowed, but racial slurs and other nasty things should be censored. This is a legitimate statement to have a chat filter toggle, so we can identify the weight of the slurs someone has used. For example, I want to be able to see what I was called BAD WORD at the game, but I don't want to see if he called me a racial slur. We accomplish three things:

• That will prevent me some seeing the atrocity he called me
  • That will help me identify the weight of the slur & I will submit a report on that account via ingame report system.
  • We can talk in our native language without being censored

Lastly, this is 4th reason. Not that strong of an argument.

• Streamers can have the chat filter off and see normal swears but even with the filter off, other slurs will be censored. That way, their stream will be SAFE and they shouldn't need to worry and they can submit a report afterwards if they want to.

I hate to break it to you BHVR but streamers swear, A LOT, in this game. Fog Whisperers are no different. All streamers should be allowed to swear and vent in the endgame lobby if they absolutely need to. All people, not just streamers.

You can not censor chat like this when we have something like Pyramid's Head Mori for example. This is an M rated game.

I'm here to remind you, what kind of game you have. Don't treat us like babies.

I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to have a chat filter toggle.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

If you in any shape or form believe at some point that someone has said anything that could be a bannable offense, you can still report them - if it makes sense in the context being used that it might be something rule breaking... You can still report them. The team still can see the words that were said.

Feedback about the chat filter is being heard and it does get regularly updated to be less strict about certain terms, also when it's context about the game. There can be some mishaps still, but it is being adjusted.