Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Does 'Predator' need a rework?

Predator currently hinders killers more than helps, the concept behind it is clearly to help the killer track down a survivor but what ends up happening is it becomes difficult to see scratch marks from a distance making it harder to determine where survivors actually are.

I think a healthy change to it would be to increase survivor's footstep noises, similar to 'Stridor' allowing killers a better chance to hear their surroundings and pinpoint stealthy survivors.

I'd love to hear the community's opinion on this idea.

Comments

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

It definitely does. It might be the most useless killer perk - it's useless at best and a hindrance at worst, since not only do you not need any help tracking scratch marks, but taking the scratch marks off trees and walls makes them harder to spot from afar, and can completely hide them in thick grass. Monstrous Shrine is hot garbage, but it has a tiny effect that might come in clutch once in a blue moon.

Increasing the sound and hear range of footsteps would be nice. It'd be a perk that'd be way more useful on Spirit or Nurse than Wraith, but it'd have an actual use. Another thing I could see Predator doing is adding short-lived, faint scratch marks for walking. Not crouch-walking, that'd still be invisible, but walking now creates faded scratch marks that last for 3 seconds.

Though that'd destroy what little counterplay Spirit has, so maybe not.

• OniWantsUrLocation
    OniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 506

Stridor spirit evolves to Stidor + Predator Spirit? This already sounds like hell lol

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

It doesn't make only scratch marks far away hard to see. On certain maps you can't see the marks in front of you because they get buried under the grass. And in general, when marks are visible, you can track just the same as without the perk.

• Michi
    Michi Member Posts: 120

How I would change it:

• scratchmarks only appear closer together if youre in a chase with a survivor
    • the survivor youre chasing becomes the obsession after 12/10/8 seconds of the chase
  • deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 795

good lord that 2nd thing could be so extremely funny with certain builds.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

Why not just have it do the closer scratch marks AND the normal ones? So you can see things from a distance, but when you're closer, you can clearly see the more accurate trail amongst the usual smattering.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

I suggested a change to Predator's scratch mark behavior back in Feb 2020 that changes the tracks from a rectangle to a cone so that tracks can be spotted from afar and used to pinpoint survivor movement.

The problem with Predator is there are 10+ ways to hide scratch marks, while there are only 2 ways (No Mither and Lucky Break) to hide blood pools, making Bloodhound better (if the survivor is injured).

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited May 2021

What if Predator assigned each survivor their own shade or color so that tracks of multiple survivors can be distinguished.

I've had an injured survivor escape because, while I didn't have line-of-sight, a healthy survivor was nearby to take the aggro and I mistook their tracks for my target's.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Wow, there are some really creative changes here by some people.

I'd personally make it so that Predator makes survivors leave scratch marks even while walking and crouching.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yeah, it needs some work. Personally I think it would be nice if the effect only activated while in a chase. It's a really nice effect, it's just that it's massive nerf not being able to spot scratchmarks from afar.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

I actually made a video about Wraiths perks but for predator here’s how I buffed it

Additionally to this I would make it so footstep sounds are louder

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Scratch marks lasting longer isn't actually a good thing. Yes, it can help you find someone when you have no idea where anyone is, but it also means that any given scratch marks you see are less accurate and the survivor may be much farther away than the scratch marks indicate.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

That could actually be really, really, nice. Especially in situations were several survivors scatter and you can't tell which of them are injured or the one you are really going for. That would be a great perk

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I think if it made scratchmarks brighter so they could be seen more it could be a good perk.