Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Does The Trickster's 'Death Throes Compilation' addon need a rework?

The current addon claims that you get more laceration (up to 200%) from consecutive shots, but if you've played with it at all you know this doesn't play out as intended, Trickster's spread on their knives is too great for it to be reliable, and you end up hesitating on shots, essentially doing less damage to a survivor during the match.

I wouldn't mind the add-on if it weren't for the fact Trickster's entire power is played around the idea of spraying knives at someone. To me, he isn't meant to be a deadly accurate killer. But I think I do have an idea for something that would more fit his style.

The idea I had was to make it so that every time you hit a survivor with a knife you get 1 knife back. Realistically this would only get you about 14 knives from a perfect chase (less than the Boa addon gives you) But because of the versatility of this, it can reward you over the coarse of the match passively or directly, imagine having 1 knife left and being able to chain together enough hits to down someone. That's the sort of stuff an iridescent add-on should do.

What does the community think about the current addon? Do you agree it needs to be changed, and if so does this suggestion sound appealing?

Comments

• Skysair
    Skysair Member Posts: 88

I like Death Throes Compilation.

I don't know why everyone shits on it. It's quite powerful if you know how to aim and land your knives consistently.

It's an addon that is high-risk, high reward.

If you're confident with your knives, you'll do fine. If not, maybe pass on using this specific addon.

Iridiscent Photocard is worse than Death Throes Compilation, can't change my mind.

• Skyost_AB
    Skyost_AB Member Posts: 42

Iridiscent photocard is worse, but death throes is garbage either way. If the survivors are at least decent, it's hard to be consistent with your shots and injure them before they escape or find a high wall loop. It wouldn't be so bad if it started with normal laceration, but less than 100% laceration means you are going to injure them after 16 throws unless you take at least 5 seconds for each throw to make sure it will land. It should restart the laceration % every time the meter starts decaying but significantly reduce the time before the laceration meter starts decaying or something like that. It's so counterintuitive to give a character that is meant to spam knives a penalization for doing so.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,173

wow... you like speed limited as add-on for trickster? you realize this add-on is like paying for iridescent version of speed limiter for Billy. If your so good at aiming without missing, than you will down survivors fast enough without add-on and if you miss at all, than this add-on makes your blades do 50% damage. probably worst Iri add-on in the entire game. there are a bunch of useless killer add-ons in the game but none are so bad to the point that cripple your power with half damage.

@KiaTheDead I think the add-on is suppose to increase the damage of your knives so that you down quicker but the drawback of 50% starting laceration is far too penalizing. ideally add-on should improve the killer without negatives. maybe if the add-on started at 100% laceration and ramped up by 50% to 200%, it would be good. It would still penalize you for missing but at least you wouldn't do half damage.

Also I am not sure if this tooltip error or it is part of add-on, but the add-on states that your suppose to do more damage if your hitting knives from further proximity of the target... but this aspect makes zero sense because trickster does very little damage with his projectile and the further the target is away from you, the more likely you are to miss from recoil.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

It's weaponised masochism.

If you, for some god forsaken reason, play Trickster long enough to never miss a single knife then it's a straight upgrade. He no longer becomes the worst killer in the game and can down survivors pretty quickly. But the amount of time, patience and sanity required to reach this level will only allow the most flagellant of players to properly use it. It should only lose the bonus laceration after you miss 2 knives instead of one.

Learn from my mistakes. Do not use this add-on.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

The theory behind an add on that rewards you for being precise as Trickster is interesting. The problem is I don't think we know the numbers behind it and I think it is too punishing. It'd be more interesting if it functioned like Save the Best for Last. Your blades start at 70 or 80% or something. Each landed knife increases laceration of the next by 10%, misses decreases the next by 20%. Maximum of 200%.

That'd be a neat add on.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

y'know... I just realized that he has zero add ons to make Main Event build faster and that that's really weird.