Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can someone please explain what happened here? (Someone may be trying to get me banned) + new hack

Yords
Yords Member Posts: 5,781
edited May 2021 in Off-topic

So I just played against a live streamer (as killer) and what happened was me (Yords - my username) was apparently chatting in the pregame chat. I checked the VOD and sure enough, I saw my name chatting in there. The thing is I WASN'T. I unfortunately do not have a recording of the match pregame, only the whole match afterwards.

Link to the current ongoing stream - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1030718938

Make sure to skip to where it happens at 03:02:09, I do have a recording of the match from my POV to confirm it was the same match we played right here (It's still being uploaded, wait just a sec):

I am pretty sure it is just a hack, but I want to let the streamer dude know so he doesn't report me, or anyone else as well as to let everyone

So on a side note, there may be someone posing as me to see if they can get me banned, I do upset quite a bit of people when playing so I wouldn't be surprised if a cheater is targeting me again.

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,472
    edited May 2021

Should have checked the steam profiles for name history since what might of happened is one of them knows how to see the steam accounts of all players in the lobby with steam wizardry and set their name to yours to call out the killers steam name in advance, why they do this is unknown or if this is an actual exploit or hack instead of just applied knowledge of using steam services

after some research it seems that it is more likely to be a third party client hack on one of the survivors ends, why they changed their name to yours is confusing though

• Yords

Darn, I didn't know. It is probably a hack and it is worrisome because it could be the one cheater I played against a few months ago.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,276
    edited May 2021

Can make our your name there, but the text is a bit too small there

But yeah, this is a new type of either bug or hack, other people can have their names appear as something else, though I'm not privy to the methods used to attain this.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
  • Yords

Makes sense, I mean people have had their profiles disguised as other people's before.