Wraith Nerf

Options
Brxxtonn
Brxxtonn Member Posts: 13
edited May 2021 in Other Languages

Wraith needs a NERF ASAP! He is wayyy too broken right now, I’ve seen a giant spike in people using him recently and camping the hook making the game unplayable and not fun.. Not to mention his giant speed boost after uncloaking, thats just unfair because you can’t see him at all when cloaked. I work at a gen and a Wraith comes behind me and smacks me then cloaks again and gets another hit to down me

Comments

• gilthadas
    gilthadas Member Posts: 5
    Options

I agree. I refuse to purchase anymore Rift Passes, cosmetics or characters until the Wraith is nerfed. I know people will defend the insane buff he received, but anyone with integrity will admit it was way too much. I'd suggest other forms of action when against him, but it would be against forum rules to suggest DCing before he can hook you for example. We're all here to have fun, I want killers to have fun and I want survivors to enjoy the challenge of the game as well. Stuff like the buffed Wraith overstack the killer's competitive advantage to such a degree that it's absolutely no fun to go against him. In fact, for those of us who play at hours while queue is slower it's a waste of a 30 min queue for a match over in a fraction of the normal time -- with nothing but misery for the survivors. At the least allow each survivor a killer they can choose not to go against, that will help with numerous issues.. including inept balancing decisions.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    Options

It's not often I say this but, get good. You can absolutely see him while cloaked, he's not fully invisible unless he's standing still, or far away from you. And if he's actually camping the hook, then the other survivors should punish him for it by completing the generators. And the person on hook should struggle as much as possible to buy more time. You don't have to like that he's camping but if he's actually camping, and gets more than 2 kills, that's on the survivors.

"I work at a gen and a Wraith comes behind me and smacks me then cloaks again and gets another hit to down me" Uh, yeah. That's kind of how Wraith works. But it's not impossible to deal with. If you can make it to a pallet after the first hit, you'll be fine for the time being. If you end up in a dead zone after the first hit, that's likely on you being unaware of your surroundings and running the wrong way.

• JoaoVanBlizzard
    JoaoVanBlizzard Member Posts: 554
    edited June 2021
    Options

Wrath has really been used a lot after buffs, although knowing that this killer needed improvement is undeniable that the fact of him getting out of invisibility already hitting a survivor in a short time lag because of extra speed sometimes can be disappointing for some players, maybe if he won a cooldown to get the extra speed when leaving invisibility instead of always having this speed, maybe I would balance it a little.

I also think the add ons of silencing the bell and seeing auras on the invisibility are too strong for him, even more so now, but I'm hopeful it gets some future tweaks and get a better balance