We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

The double de pip after a genuine dc is too disheartening

Tailo
Tailo Member Posts: 5

Seriously, can't they tell when someone genuinely dc's vs pressing the leave game button. Its actually disheartening and feels very bad when the servers just randomly kick you from a game and also slaps a double depip on top of that.

Comments

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

To me its more the 30 min penalty that is boring

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

No they cannot tell an accidental disconnect and someone simply unplugging their router/modem. This is not unique to DBD - it is an online game issue. All someone would have to do is unplug their modem and the system would think they lost internet. This could be (and was) highly abusable in DBD as well as other online games. Yes they know when someone hits "Leave Match" but again people could just as easily unplug their router to try and fool the system...and in return ruin the game for the other 4 players.

So since there is an easy way to fake internet loss most online games penalize players for all disconnects. If you are DCing due to technical issues you should report it in the BUGS section of the forums so that BHVR can determine if the issue is on their end or yours - which could potentially help other players in the future if it is an issue on BHVR's side.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,046

Its as Jasix said, it only knows that you left the game early. If you feel it could be an unknown issue with your PC, console, or internet, we have a section to post Tech issues: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    edited May 2021

The option to COME BACK to a match should be there. I've had several wins as killer taken from me plus DC penalty as I went to get the last survivor. Two today actually.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

I mean, at what cost? They need to seriously give a buff to survivors who come back to compensate for the time they were gone. As a 3v1 situation against good killers, means 1 person will be constantly on the hook, 1 in chase, and 1 constantly unhooking.

How would you compensate for that?

At best, after a DC, the remaining survivors should get some buff if there are still more than 3 gens left(or, yknow, buff survivors in general if someone dies before 2 gens are finished, once 1 survivor is dead, it can be near impossible to finish gens against a good killer, giving a reason to not tunnel). But the same can be said to reward the killer if there is 1 dead/dc when there are only 2 gens left.