Will something be done about unsafe pallet town aka Hawkins?

Options

This map is so badly designed. For killer it’s an indoor map so it denies 80% of killer powers and for survivors most the pallets are completely unsafe and the killer doesn’t even have to break them making it super easy to catch survivors and honestly takes no skill. There’s no window loops so if you’re facing a decent m1 killer good luck.

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Yeah Hawkins is just bad to play. Feels like an easy win every time I play clown since his bottles cover the entire corridors

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
    Options

You need to predrop most pallets and then run around the entire structure. The killer loses time going around the pallet and has a hard time catching up. On other pallets you need a stun. Ita very hard, but if you never drop the pallet you waste a lot of time. There are some killer who make it very hard, but i think hawkins is fun to loop bc its so different.

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551
    Options

I used to hate Hawkins as well but I think it's fine now, bar stealth and anti-loop killers like Clown. Its loops are different than other maps and encourages mindgames from both sides.

So I don't think it needs a rework, especially compared to certain other maps.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

If you loop one pallet on this map, yes you will die. Hawkins has different loops. You will down pallets and keep run. And you will do that for 3 - 4 pallets in one area. And then you will keep loop this pallets, when killer broke half of them, go to next area. Hawkins has so much pallets and %100 survivorside map.

I never had problem on this map, except Deathslinger. He is really so good on this map

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

Nope

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

I'm gonna be honest, hawkings is not a bad map for survivors, unfun maybe but not weak. The pallets need to be used differently from normal tiles, also the "loop" isn't always as obvious but they are still there. Play killer and vs a good squad they will show you that map is far from killer sided.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
    Options

Bl makes unsafe pallets a nightmare and i would atleast remove 2 and 3. But it takes a lot of time and if you have a good team (gl in solo que), its a good chase for survivor bc of the timewaste.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    edited May 2021
    Options

Uhh... No.

1. Stop camping the pallets.

2. Learn to bait pallets.

3. Pre-dropping pallets actually create a longer loop that wastes the killers time forcing them to break it.

4. The only bad pallets on Hawkins are the ones upstairs in the small rooms.

Can't tell you how many times I've played on Hawkins against "Good Survivors" that knew how to utilize these so called "Unsafe Pallets" very well.

Once again can't balance a game for players that don't want to learn or get better or even try and understand how to loop efficiently.

How do you think killers feel when they play on The Game map..... Should they change Hawkins to be exactly like that?

I would quit this game after 3yrs of play.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

The map is actually very well designed, even Survivor friendly but there is a big caveat; you have to know how to use it. Hawkins is the opposite of Gideon. Both are indoor maps, but one is Pallet heavy while the other is vault heavy. Hawkins is chock full of very effective vaults and most of them connect to some rather potent loops. It is possible to go form one end to the other of Hawkins preventing the Killer from ever closing the distance. Moreover, it is possible to more or less stalemate the Killer on the little catwalks with the vaults if you have good timing.

I'm going to act against my best interests and point you in the right direction. The key to Hawkins is to think in three dimensions. Most Survivors hate the map but that is because they tend to stay on the ground floor. Those up and down catwalks in the various rooms are seen as a last resort or ignored entirely. Let me tell you, when I face a Red Rank Squad that understand those catwalks, I'm cursing in my clodhoppers as I try to figure out how to get them down without having to spend 1-2 minutes in a chase.

If you look, I'm sure there are probably youtube videos about Hawkins and how to run it. It is a small map, and that often favors the Killer, but there are lots of ways to turn that place to the Survivor's advantage. You just have to adapt to running it in a certain way.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    Options

This. Hawkins isn't as bad many survivors make it out to be. It's in fact terrible for a lot killers. I never knew Huntress can be ran so hard on that map until I ran across some really good survivors that knew how to abuse the living crap out of some tile layouts. The only thing that can make it killer sided is that it's difficult to know whether you're 3 genning or not, but this can be attributed to all indoor maps.

• NightmareKiller
    NightmareKiller Member Posts: 181
    Options
    • W-what!? K-killers are rightfully complaining about how Haddonfield has infinites and The Game is pallet town and requires no skill from the survivor's part!? NOT FAIR! I wanna complain too! Let's see which map I can complain about... uhhh *throws dart* Hawkins!
  • Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 564
    Options

Being negative all the time isn’t healthy dude, I recommend you stop playing this game for a while till you cool down.