We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thoughts on the PTB Hatch Changes

Options

For those who aren't aware the hatch closing mechanic has undergone some changes in the PTB. Now when the hatch is closed by the killer all generators that still need repaired will automatically be finished and the gates will be powered. Now before I give my passionate thoughts on this change, I want to acknowledge that this is still a PTB and this change is being "looked at" (although god knows how they are gonna analyze it).

Personally I think this change is ridiculous in every sense of the word, a common mindset of the balance team is turning up the hot water and turning down the cold water, in others words, they don't seem to understand just buffing or nerfing something, they buff the killer in some way, then they nerf them in another way, almost always. Think of it like a scale of balance right, you put more weight on the killer's scale, but then you just put more weight on the survivors scale, and boom, nothing has changed, the balance remains the same. I think if it is down to one survivor, and the team didn't manage to get many gens fixed before most of them died, then that's their fault and the last survivor should not have a get out of jail free card for them and their team failing. Further more, this literally punishes the killer for working toward their objective and creates a pretty much lose lose situation for them. Once both gates are powered you have to watch both of them, we know how hard this can be sometimes with the distance they can spawn from each other. This means that the killer needs mobility to deal with this situation better, which 2 killers have good mobility for this situation.....Nurse and Hillbilly. This change keeps the best killers the best and every other killer being mediocre or just bad. This without a doubt puts the 1v1 situation back in favor of the survivor and that's not how it should be AT ALL. 1 survivor should almost always be destroyed by the killer, but even when all survivors are alive one survivor is able to destroy the killer right now so at least they are consistent with their mindset.

Anyway I could go on all day about this, but what does everyone else think about this change?
REMINDER; It is the PTB and it's being tested and "looked at" but we still should discuss it.

Comments

• Yuhg
    Yuhg Member Posts: 50
    Options

I don't even know what they're thinking, it just doesn't make sense, i don't even know why are they so afraid of survivor mains that they give them all they ask for. I don't even know if they know what a freaking assymetrical game is, is it really that hard to know that theres a power role and a number role, and that the power role should be more powerful than the number role if the number role is in inferior numbers. Why are they giving them so much free out of jail cards?

Why should I work hard getting to kill them (because it's already pretty much a pain in the arse with all the flashlights, decisives, insta heals, adrenalines, etc) if one is gonna escape even if i find the hatch first? I'm just gonna quit playing killer, if i'm gonna get bullied by survivors and now bullied by devs, i prefer to join the brighter side, or maybe just quit, like M.Cote said "if you don't enjoy playing killer, play somthing else" right?

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

It's PTB.
    Last time I asked devs, they told me that iteration will very likely not go through it.

• Yuhg
    Options

@Runiver said:
    It's PTB.
    Last time I asked devs, they told me that iteration will very likely not go through it.

i know it's PTB man, but it's pretty annoying to see every single time that if a survivor is in an scenario where he should be at a disadvantage he's given all the free out of jail cards that are possible. Thinking about it as a survivor: Why should i work hard, if the killer can work for me?

it just doesn't make any sense and it frustrates me so much. And i know these are subject to change and that the iteration may not pass the PTB, but still the idea is just absurd

• Runiver
    Options

@Yuhg said:

@Runiver said:
    It's PTB.

i know it's PTB man, but it's pretty annoying to see every single time that if a survivor is in an scenario where he should be at a disadvantage he's given all the free out of jail cards that are possible. Thinking about it as a survivor: Why should i work hard, if the killer can work for me?

it just doesn't make any sense and it frustrates me so much. And i know these are subject to change and that the iteration may not pass the PTB, but still the idea is just absurd

We told them that that change doesn't make sense, and they seemed to agree, the last time they answered us on discord. Feel free to hop in if you want to discuss it with them, they're very consistently around these last days. (I can send you a link on your wall if desired)

It seems like they do some testing to know what people think about different mecanics, maybe to make a mix in the end of their best feedbacks.

• Yuhg
    Options

@Runiver said:

@Yuhg said:

@Runiver said:
    It's PTB.

We told them that that change doesn't make sense, and they seemed to agree, the last time they answered us on discord. Feel free to hop in if you want to discuss it with them, they're very consistently around these last days. (I can send you a link on your wall if desired)

It seems like they do some testing to know what people think about different mecanics, maybe to make a mix in the end of their best feedbacks.

send me an invite to that discord please, i would love to be in it, didn't know it exist

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Yuhg said:

@Runiver said:
    It's PTB.

I woulden't give the change to much weight right now. Again to reiterate it is PTB. Perhaps they just wanted to test it and see how it would be received. We are not going to be getting the new hatch mechanics for sometime. They are just using this as an opportunity to test out different things before settling on a concrete solution.

• Runiver
    Options

@Yuhg said:

@Runiver said:

@Yuhg said:

@Runiver said:
    It's PTB.

send me an invite to that discord please, i would love to be in it, didn't know it exist

It's on your wall!

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I wouldn’t say it’s a “get out of jail free” card that’s what the hatch stand off was. I’d say it’s more of a “ the key is right next to your cell and all you gotta do is reach it” free card lol
  • MrDrakanator
    MrDrakanator Member Posts: 47
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    I wouldn’t say it’s a “get out of jail free” card that’s what the hatch stand off was. I’d say it’s more of a “ the key is right next to your cell and all you gotta do is reach it” free card lol

Haha, yeah I would say that is about right