We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Now that Killers can have AI partners....

Gibberish
Gibberish Member Posts: 1,062

Legion should receive a rework that incorporates the 3 other members of the Legion that you arent playing as. Legion needs a rework anyways, as they are both severely underpowered and pretty unfun to play against.

It's always been ridiculous that the Killer whose whole gimmick is that they are a gang of 4 Killers doesn't have that as part of their power in any way. Imagine if Bubba just carried around his chainsaw without ever using it. Absurd.

Now there's really no reason not to correct both of these issues, since AI partners are now clearly possible in DBD.

Comments

• Demodog90
    Demodog90 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2021

I love the idea of ai/passive assistance for the killer. It would at a bigger challenge for survivors and prevent simple gen rushing. It would be cool if the entity spawned something like traps whenever a gen is finished.

Post edited by Demodog90 on
  • GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,622
    edited May 2021

Just because they’ve been out for some time, doesn’t mean it won’t happen. Look at Freddy and Doc.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited May 2021

It isn't a terrible idea. Legion's name is kind of deceptive. A rewrite in mechanics and slightly tweak the Lore would be as follows:

The crew of four misfit losers have been taken by the Entity as a group. One of them becomes imbued with dark power and the others assist. *Hence, a rework so that one of them is a standard Killer, and the Power is the three other Flunkies, basically Bots like the Zombies but a bit faster and smarter. Legion's power would be the ability to command them, i.e. go to a location and use a command that will call one of the Flunkies over to guard that area. Until commanded to guard an area, they roam.

I don't see this ever happening but it would be an interesting twist and make their damn name make sense.

• Sonicslinger
    Sonicslinger Member Posts: 27

I do remember Almo saying he was looking at changes for legion around the release of the trickster. The time of him saying this could indicate they have at least been toying with something around the AI or it could just be another simple number tweak and addon rework. Honestly either option would be ok as I still enjoy their current playstyle and if tweaked slightly and buffing his garbage addons could make him be at least a solid mid tier instead of low mid tier. However, I know many don't enjoy facing him and I've always wanted for a more complex power which revolved around commanding the other members.