Whats with the drop in killer mains?

Im a killer main and i havent played much recently. Ive noticed a lot of other killer mains are falling off the map. Im curious why. I left because the new coldwind has much safer pallets and theyre impossible to loop around as killer. That and strong pallets are too close together meaning every time i kick a pallet the survivor has time to get to the next ultra safe pallet. What are your reasons as a killer main for leaving.

(As an aside and something i want to point out, the survivors get more pull in the community than killers. Thats why moris have been nerfed but keys havent yet. Making things more difficult on the killer is how the game will die. There will be no killers left to play. I hope the devs fix the coldwind map along with fixing gideon meat plant as both are obnoxious to move around without getting a pallet in your face at a super strong loop)

Comments

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

because the game is severely unbalanced, unless you have streamer levels of time to perfect your gameplay as a Killer, and you're not playing 1 of 2 S-tier killers, you're always going to have a stressful time playing this game seriously at a high level

Just got a game on Haddonfield and 3 gens popped before I even finished a chase. Sure I could have probably pressured those gens, but I think 2 of them still would have popped.

Now I'm just playing Blight with joke perks and I'm slugging people and not hooking.

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550

What do you mean by drop in killer mains? As in people who post on the forum saying they are a killer main have stated they are no longer playing killer?

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

People always love acting like their main side is the victim despite the fact that both sides have been getting good changes

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481

Honestly probably just boredom. I mean for the past six Months the only truly new stuff killers got were the twins who are so unfun I genuinely can’t play them late at night because I start falling asleep. And the trickster who while being a lot more fun than twins is also a lot weaker. Combine that with the fact we haven’t gotten a truly new map in a long time and it’s no surprise. Honestly they’ll probably all be back once 5.0.0 goes live

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

For me i will never play in the evening too many swf for my taste unless im on the ptb.

The game is unbalance too not just the perk or killer power but map are heavily survivor side in my opinion this does not help. Sometime i get haddonfield and im like well im out so i dc and i say gg wp and swich game

• PabloLovesMC
    PabloLovesMC Member Posts: 163

Re work for the better like the twins that saw no play and still got Nerfed to hell

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

to be honest, ive been off playing a lot of Minecraft lately.

Its great because its so much less stressfull than DbD is.

and when i do play DbD its usually with friends trying to get some Tome challenges done, which means im playing Survivor (A because there is no multiplayer for Killer and B because i already completed all the Killer Tome challenges)

so yeah, thats where i have been lately xD

• PabloLovesMC

The thing is ptb queue times for killer are less than 5 minutes meaning there arent many killers there either

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

The queue inbalance just fluctuates. I doubt there’s a massive wave of quitters. Especially with a new chapter release.

• Phasmamain

Just because they aren’t played doesn’t mean they are bad. Twins are still quite a strong killer tbh

• PabloLovesMC

Theyre a strong killer but nobody plays them. Thats the thing. Now even less people are going to play them. The twins are heavily perk reliant. Slowdown perks are a must. Sloppy butcher is a must. And they are easily countered by staying in groups of two and constantly healing and kicking the ######### outta victor. The twins are so easy to counter its not even funny and theyre still nerfing him.

• Phasmamain

Sloppy isn’t a must it’s just a great perk and it’s up to the twins player to try to snake the survivors split up.

I’ll agree that the nerf was unnecessary but it’s not like they are that bad right now

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

Tired of getting trolled every match and getting red ranks at least 8 out of 10 I play...too tiresome and no reward...its just a game lets treat killers like trash

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

Swf makes them the most money 4 wallets vs 1 killer of course they will be catered to more...I mean look at the new perks designed to kill hex builds

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,659

"The devs balance the game as they see fit"

Honestly, this is very disheartening to read.

• helix43
    helix43 Member Posts: 180

Part of it is the game, but a lot of it is just the devs backwards mindset. For example, the 5 year anniversary stream. They talked about how they want to deal with toxicity, but then proceeded to talk about dealing already nerfed moris because they're some how still toxic. Then they announced they're adding an autoban feature that will obviously affect killers the most. Yet not once did they mention a key rework or any of the ways they're going to deal with toxic bs from survivors.

• PabloLovesMC

Worst part is the Memento Mori aren't even worth running half the time because more often than not it takes more time to Mori then it takes to take somebody to the hook

• felix452
    felix452 Member Posts: 59

Well I thought about giving a break but found a new joy in the game and that salt mining all the negative msging, tbag with keys on hatch, baiting ds and swf made me into a toxic killer with a purpose to make streamer rage and fellow xbox player rage.

• NoTerrorRadius
    NoTerrorRadius Member Posts: 201

Just stick with it if you are a killer main.

Try not to be upset. Just look at each trial as practice, and you are constantly getting better. It works.

I've only been playing since February this year, and I have improved. Not an expert at DBD by any means but I'm much better than I was the first time I played as either survivor or killer.

Stay encouraged and play for fun👍🏾

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730

But the devs are either survivor mains or not good killers, based on lots of their previous changes.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,122

It's because you have to sweat and stress as killer to win. Even when you're winning, you have to assume that you're losing because it's so easy for survivors to gen rush their way out of a bad situation at any time. You can't play chill as killer.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

I haven't ran into a reason for me to stop playing. I 3-4k more than I don't.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

problem was is that A. Undying came out a lot later then DS and B.DS didn't get changed since it's old version for years while Undying was changed 2 months after it got released, so people assumed the devs were "showing their survivor bias" (i say that in quotes because it's pretty obviously nonsense but you get the idea)

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

The new autoban feature that was mentioned has a lot of killers worried, is why.

• TrogdorApocalypse
    TrogdorApocalypse Member Posts: 13

This is a healthy mindset. I totally agree with this poster.

The best question you can ask here is, "Am I having fun?"

When I have been matched with similarly skilled opponents, I feel that the killers games I have had have been very fun. Lots of good chases, lots of excitement and energy. It's the mismatched matches that make it tough to continue - because then I am definitely having far less fun than my opponents. Usually, if I have two bad mismatches, I will just log off and play something else less frustrating. Because it's just a game, and we're all supposed to be having fun here.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

That is how killer mains feeling. Ruin, Pop etc little helping but nothing stopping this gens. They are so fast.

Good survivors know game well and maps are survivorside. And they makes game stresfull for killers. I have to defend 2 gens because most of times 3 gens finishing so fast. And then people asking why there is not so much killer, why queques so long.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Killer is stressful and it takes a toll.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

Firstly, there are no killer mains. There are just DBD players who can play survivor, and DBD players who like to win. You don't play killer if you like to win.

Secondly, it's more fun to play a boring game with friends than it is to play a stressful game on your own. Do the math.