The chat filter needs to be looked at.

Options

It just censored me asking if the killer was "killing them" (talking about the zombies). It also censored the word them when I tried to type out the message in two parts. I get not allowing slurs and stuff but this is ridiculous.

Comments

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

Yes the filter as it is right now is not far from removing chat altogether. It randomly censores weird things that don't make sense, it's just not fun to use chat anymore. However, a good side effect is that i don't try to get into (possibly toxic) conversations with other players anymore.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

Yeah it's utterly terrible. It is a game about killing, and you can't say "killed". I've had at least 5 occasions where I was having a wholesome chat and the filter was getting in the way of totally inoffensive language. Meanwhile someone managed to fool it today by calling me a "bas terd".

Brilliant system, 10/10.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 940
    Options

The chat filter is fine, you **** ***** ******.

Weird, I only said "friendly forum poster"

---

You may have a point.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

Nothing wrong with the #### filter.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Didn’t they block out *****? Oh I guess they did.

• Pianmeister
    Pianmeister Member Posts: 20
    Options

agreed, I didn't want it in the first place but given how terrible it actually is it really has to go. How is a mature game about sacrificing people to some weird monster god not allowed to say the words "Killing them"