Who crafted the charms and why do survivors wear them?

Options
LiquidSwordsman
LiquidSwordsman Member Posts: 50
edited May 2021 in Lore

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I searched around and couldn't find any info about this. I'm guessing survivors wear these as part of a bonding friendship and something to remember each other by?

I assume it's the same reason behind the cosmetics. Meaning that entity is responsible for crafting them and it's part of its other tactics to feed off of their emotions, but I just wanted to get a little more clarity.

Comments

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

They're not canon, I repeat No cosmetics are canon from the store or the rift NONE of them are canon Except for the blight ones

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

A few from the rift can be considered canon, plague's wore her last outfit on her animatic.

• Krunga
    Krunga Member Posts: 159
    Options

I think Deathslinger's Rift cosmetics are part of a piece of his lore, it is a reskin though so maybe not that specific one.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

I meant while they're in the realm, The survivors & killers don't just say: "Oh i want to wear this outfit!"

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    edited May 2021
    Options

Oh i though you meant them being canon in their past, in the realm i think they are always in their default ones.

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
    edited May 2021
    Options

I'm pretty sure most outfits and character-specific charms are just memories from their experiences before they came into The Entity's realm. No killers or survivors canonically wear these cosmetics while in the realm save for the killer (and possibly survivor) Blight cosmetics.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,898
    Options

The elephant costume for clown is canon, one huntress costume ( the military one) is canon, the recent plague one is canon, there's one from doctor that is obviously canon ( it's a standard uniform for a doctor), there's one that Dwight wears when he drugs his boss.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

And where do they get all their clothes? Is there a shopping mall in the Entity world?

• En3ermost
    En3ermost Member Posts: 298
    Options

I think that some of them are just created by the Entity when are seen by it in the killer and survivor memories.

Much like the realms themselves are created from the memories of the killers and survivors.

Other outfits are just straight up not canon and are just there for content like the Greek skins and Kraumpus.

I think the only skins that do not come from memories and recreated by the Entity are the blighted ones, as a result of Talbot's experiments on all the killers.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

DBD's Bloodstained Sack DLC could be considered loosely canon going by the description

"It started as a whisper in the trees, a rippling swish in the water. Then the earth started to rumble with a deep moan, turning into a raging tremor. The evil within the fog was losing motivation, chasing and killing endlessly in the same uniform. Did the Entity hear their plea? Were they rewarded because of the countless sacrifices they fed the Entity? No one knows for sure how and why it appeared but it isn't far-fetched to think of it as a token of gratitude: a shapeless thing, soaked in blood, holding unholy gifts for the creatures of nightmares."