Do you guys think Nemesis should have been given his Rocket Launcher?

Options
Johnny_XMan
Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423

I know it’s a devastating weapon, but hear me out.

This is a signature weapon for Nemesis and while I agree that I would want him carrying it around all the time. I think it should have been incorporated into his power kit.

My idea would be that upon reaching T3, (or could be a different condition) he gains the ability to shoot his rocket launcher which only gens are affected in terms of damage. He shoots it in the air and it lands on a generator that is being worked on. It damages the gen and prevents it from being worked on for x amount of time. Meanwhile the survivors working on that gen are knocked back and affected by a disoriented status.

The animation could look similar to this:

I don’t know I am just really missing his weapon and I think given the fact that he is spending so much time trying to infect this could help him by giving him some map pressure too.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

Why would we want something that only works on potato's though, you can already win against these survivors with the screen off.

Even if it insta-downed, had a moderate wind up and cooldown, it still wouldn't be OP, I mean look at what a good Oni can do in his power.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

@JPA

This would be an added bonus to his kit. Not specifically to injure survivors, but to slow down gens. Hence why I was very specific about it damaging generators.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

Basically he would scan the area, lock on a target. “Dwight and Feng working on generator/ 80% completed etc etc” then Boom he sends them a friendly explosive gift. 😄

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

@Dustin

See now that’s cool too.

I was just trying to figure out something simple considering the mechanics we have or lack there of. 😂

I just really wanted to see his Rocket Launcher. It’s his signature weapon.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,248
    edited May 2021
    Options

Right? Even if it's awful to use as long as we can use them that would be awesome. The main thing about Nemesis is he was a bioweapon who could use weapons Umbrella provided. That was like his thing. Even if it was a weapons crate he had to carry, then drop to deploy and then once he deployed it was slow as hell just to use the weapon I'd be happy. Because remember being slow in this game as a killer is a game changer. There's also plenty of line of sights in the game to prevent a rocket from hitting + there would be an obvious tell Nemesis is deploying a rocket launcher.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

I would like you to get it when you reach Tier-3 and it was a single shot, you could use it to break a Gen and return it to 100% or leave a single survivor in a dying state.

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474
    edited June 2021
    Options

I was thinking something similar, just make the rocket an EMP missile that disables a gen temporarily and stuns anyone working on it. The ability to use weapons was one of Nemesis' major upgrades, so he should have SOMETHING!

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

They could have used a broken one as his melee attack, otherwise absolutely ######### not. This is not that kind of game.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Not really, in my opinion he using a rocket launcher would look way more silly than threatening.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    Options

If they gave Nemesis his weapons then,three weapon crates should spawn in and when you choose a weapon the other crates should be locked and unusable for the duration of the match.

It has to be accurate and laser guided if it's going to be one shot,three shots 50% of a gen,no regression,but decommissions the generator for a short time,one health state for survivors. If you have three rockets then you should be able to put it down and pick it up,when you want to.

The Flamethrower should have 5 burst and can burn generator's with 8% regression every 4 secs,which the flame will burn for a duration of 20 secs,which gives you 32% of damage per burst.One health state if survivors are hit with a direct blast ,or steps in a trail of fire,slides across a pallet ,or drops a burning pallets.Pallets should also be destroyed after awhile that can go for the rocket ,but it would just destroy the pallet instantly.I chose those numbers because the flamethrower has the shortest range of 6 meter's

The Mini Gun should put survivors into the dying state automatically at 8 meters, no pun intended their, but unlike the rocket launcher and flamethrower you'll move at 92% of you're base speed but it would have a distance of 24 meter's before it becomes inaccurate 10 meter's one health state but literally anything outside of 14 meter's you're just spraying and praying.The mini should be the weapon to full reset a gen,or destroy it completely but I guess survivors wouldn't get out so full reset and decommission for 60 sec's and should have 3 burst rounds

I added more weapons because it seems like,everyone want's to use a specific weapon,plus in the remake he uses multiple weapons and all weapons should be deployable and recallable

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,044
    Options

To be honest, I wish it had been a part of the whole Vaccine mechanic. When all four Supply Crates are used up, a Weapon Crate materialises somewhere in the map, and Nemmy can see its aura. The rocket launcher is inside. It has 4 shots, and each shot restores 1 Vaccine to a Supply Crate.

The rocket launcher would have a lengthy pull up and put down mechanic, and would have a laser tracker to help the survivors see where he's aiming. The rocket would move very quickly, and would instadown survivors it hits within 1 metre of, and deal a health state to survivors within 3 meters (or so) of the blast radius who are not behind cover.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Before we even had a hint of RE in dbd, I thought it should be some secondary part to his power, like have 3-4 boxes scattered around for him to grab whenever he feels. Using one grants the ability to shoot one rocket that will home in on the closest survivor, downing if it manages to hit.

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 361
    Options

No, this isn't the game for that sort of thing. If you want to play Nemesis with his rocket launcher move over to Resistance.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

@Shirtless_Myers

I do play resistance which is why the idea was brought up in the first place. Not sure which part you don’t agree with but there are many things in DBD that wouldn’t necessarily work but are in anyway.

• Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461
    Options

Yes

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,417
    Options

I would rather flamethrower :D

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 525
    Options

Give him an addon that make his rocket work like tombstone Myers, replacing his tentacles.

• Krunga
    Krunga Member Posts: 159
    Options

The fact his mori isn't even the animation from RE3 where Jill gets picked up by the rocket launcher at the front and gets blown up is pretty weird.

• Cameragosha
    Cameragosha Member Posts: 630
    edited March 2022
    Options

He should get rocket launcher , it's his main weapon.

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541
    Options

I always thought that in the case of nemesis getting in it would be his power. He'd switch from normal to RPG stance at the press of a button. Nemesis would move slower (possibly equal to or slower than survivors) but shoot a short range rocket. The rocket would be slower than huntress's hatchets but have a few very powerful effects

1. a survivor hit by the rocket would be put into the dying state
    2. A vault hit by the rocket becomes un useable for awhile (killer and survivor can't vault it
    3. A dropped pallet hit by the rocket is destroyed
    4. A survivor near a rocket when it explodes is damaged for 1 health state
    5. A generator hit by the rocket begins regressing

What do you think of this for an irri? Upright pallets in the blast radius of a rocket are dropped immediately.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Could see giving it to him in the end game, make the rockets slow enough to dodge if you're paying attention, instant down (obviously, it's a rocket and nobody has armor, some aren't even wearing shirts), and give him ammunition based on how many hooks achieved before the last gen was powered. So he gets 8 hooks, he gets 4 rockets.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

I for one think all killers should get a ticket launcher!

Tbag this you filthy casual!

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801
    Options
  • ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

If it was properly balanced, I wouldn't mind it. Make it so Nemesis gets a Rocket Launcher with 1 Rocket every time he reaches T4

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Nah, he would look way too goofy

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408
    Options

itd be a great meme sure

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,537
    Options

Absolutely not, for a game that doesn't utilize shooting weapons apart from the Redeemer (which was designed in a specific way) it just wouldn't fit the game thematically and would stick out like a sore thumb.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

I think it would be cool. Make it gimmicky but useful and make him work for. Like others said, one time pick ups that drop on the map whenever he gains a tier (by helicopter perhaps)

Rocket launcher: can swap between two modes, long range fire and forget on generators or free aiming. On impact creates an AoE explosion (10 meter diameter). Generators within explosion loose 20% progress, start regressing and can't be worked on for 20 seconds. Survivors within explosion become broken and remain so until the next time they are hooked (wounded survivors are not downed, they simply become broken). They also gain hindrance and a visual disorientation for 3 seconds. The nemesis is immobile when readying and firing the launcher, sound cue on long range missile approximation.

This would make it an easy to use tool for instant advantage, but not insta win chase or easy down.

Flamethrower short range AoE cone attack (similar to doctor?). Upon use the stream follows the nemesis red stain for 3 seconds then depletes.

The stream may go over low obstacles and vaults but not walls. The first survivor hit is downed and put in the burning state. Other survivors hit by the attack simply gain burning.

Burning: embers cling to your skin and clothes revealing your position and spreading to those who touch you. Last for 130 seconds, burning survivors within the nemesis terror radius have their aura revealed. Survivors who interact with you gain burning status. Special rule on hooked survivors, when hooked and after 5 seconds, if the nemesis is within 18 meters of you, burning timer advances 10x faster.

Anytime the nemesis is carrying the flamethrower it has its speed reduced to 110%, no readying or firing slowdown.

Very powerful ability that can turn a bad situation or put the survivors in a difficult position, but difficult to use, with potential to be wasted completely if outmaneuvered by the survivors. Picking it up and slowing yourself down at the wrong moment might very well cause you to lose the game.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

once per match, let nemmy call in an airsupply drop at one of his Used vaccine crates that lets off a map wide air siren that lets Nemmy pick up a rocket launcher(with heavy arc for balance. nemmys a short range killer). basically just a huntress hatchet with clown radius that instantly takes a health state and immediately breaks any pallet, generator or wall in its radius.

Give it a good movement speed penalty and itll just be a cool gimmick to have. I don't think the ppl that want the rockets merely want to dominate the other side with it.