The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

+2 Rank, then why not -2

Mikee
Mikee Member Posts: 6

If we can +2 our rank, by doing everything good,

Why cant we -2 our rank if we are terrible. Ranking is way too easy anyway. 30 day is a lot to wait to derank a bit, so some of us can enjoy the game for a few matches without tryharding.

a LOT of survivors are high ranked, while they are bad. if i play with 2 or more random, i often see they insta run to unhook, not doing gens, etc... pain... on high ranks!!!

Let them derank more if they dont know what to do or die too early.

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Idk if this is still the case but it worked like this before. You lose 2 pips if you receive 0 emblem points.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

-2 is for a Disconnect.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532
  • WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited May 2021

You can blame the people that say they de-rank because they "don't want a sweaty game" but bring in a super meta build + jacked items + swf into a rank 13 killer with 1 base perk.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

The only way you’d do bad enough to get -2 would be if you got face camped the entire time game, or went afk.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

It's still -2 if you depip sometimes for some reason, and I don't even know if it's a bug or some new cryptic mechanic.

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588

It would be very difficult to rank up

• Micheal
    Micheal Member Posts: 288

True a the level I'm with most of the time are bad at looping the killer and areselfish about them salfs and do things completely stupid. They act like rank 15 when there rank 6😑

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I think it would be to abusable by people looking to smurf for easier games.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,042

Untrue, I lost connection a few days ago and got a -2. Players who DC to derank get hit with timeout penalties that make it prohibitive to do on any large scale.

Anyway, I'd hate to see a -2 for really bad games, just because the situation where you lose that badly usually doesn't have much to do with how you played? Yeah, you'd double-depip if you went to a corner to self-care each time you got hit, or urban evade around the map instead of doing gens, and that's as things should be. But players doing those things rarely pip up. In my experience... more often, getting barely any emblems means you got tunneled or camped out of the game very early, your entire team collapsed very early (which... half the time, in my experience, it's because you have an AFK or a player that suicides immediately), or nobody bothered to unhook you.

Personally I think the threshold for pipping up at yellow and green ranks needs to be higher, and emblems need to be reworked so that you don't get people pipping up on other players' work (unbroken and benevolent can both reward you entirely on your teammates' contributions and evader rewards you handsomely for stealthing around the killer - lightbringer is the only one that actually requires you to help your team.) More emblem weight should also be placed on looping to ensure that players who move into the red ranks actually have skill at the game and not just the ability to do objectives when not bothered by the killer.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    edited May 2021

Nope, it's -2.

Source: me, my internet crashed twice yesterday and i checked my pips both times

• Dodgingbears
    Dodgingbears Member Posts: 252

The rank system is not a competitive rank system. it was just their best attempts at helping put people with (on average) more players around their skill level.

There are also huntress with iri that will slug you all game if they hit you first.... so that can be a -2 for no real reason... Any killer can do this.... -2 is a really bad idea. Instead just have fun with the game. The ranks arent competitive.... and you can ignore them for hte most part.... its mostly to protect newer players from being put with 3000+ hour killers or teammates who may get frustrated with them. I repeat...... its not a real ranking system and the pips themselves are kind of silly. they just encourage "healthy gameplay" so people dont face camp hooks like they used to as much..... It is an entirely casual mode, no matter what you want the rank system to be. just dont worry about the colors or numbers and you will have a lot more fun.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184
  • Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,042

I can't even. I truly cannot even begin to even.

Shouldn't that be the exact opposite...!? Why on earth would you have a difference here if your official stance for DC penalties on crashes is that you can't detect the difference, and then punish it backwards?

Shaking my head right now. Just, what.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

I actually take back what I said. I dced to give hatch to someone who kobed (killer was slugging me and nodding at me so whatever) and I only lost one pip. But when my internet crashes (quite frequently sadly) it's 2 pips. I don't get it.

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598
    edited May 2021

You're right there should be a double depip playing normally. (Disconnecting isn't a skill based interaction.)

It's why there is an upward skew of the bell curve on the binomial distribution of ranks. While the rank system isn't spread out enough already (elite rank 1 players vs. average rank 1 players,) the fact that you can't derank as quickly as rank up playing normally will never produce a respectable rank system.

MMR might match players better when calculated correctly but we will always see terrible rank 1 players. It's unique to this game that the highest rank commands zero respect.