Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killer hit advantage alive and well

The way the game is made to give killers the hit advantage is ridiculous. I dont care if they think they fixed it by looking into ping, ping is but not the main issue. Idk how many windows or pallets I've jumped over just to get hit or downed 5 feet on the other side of it. Not to mention stunning a killer and getting hit at the same time!? One or the other has to happen...

Comments

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

As someone who plays huntress and has my hatchets hit someone square in the face and sees blood yet doesn't do any damage I have to disagree lol.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

Getting a stun and a hit makes sense if you get hit before the stun. Sometimes i shouldnt get hit on pallets, but i almost never get hit 5 feet away from it.

• BuddhaBing
    BuddhaBing Member Posts: 248

It sucks, but there's not really an easy fix. Every multiplayer game with hit detection that I know of relies on shooter advantage. It's just becomes a lot more obvious in a game like DBD where most attacks are melee.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

the get hit and stun the killer at the same time always has been a thing. this is why you don't camp pallets.

• RyRapsYT
    RyRapsYT Member Posts: 299

Do what I do, as the survivor even if they are close don't drop it. Sometimes they will swing.

• spitfire2k5
    spitfire2k5 Member Posts: 13

you dont have to camp a pallet, saying that doesnt even make sense. How does getting hit at the same time relate to camping? You could be looping and maybe thought you had enough time to go around again just to get hit on a stun as is the case a lot.

• Kate_Main_01
    Kate_Main_01 Member Posts: 504

While frustrating the palette bit makes sense. The Killer's attack is hitting the Survivor before the palette drop has landed. The hit boxes on the other hand are notoriously bad. I have been falling from a window on Haddonfield and registered a hit while mid-air and have landed downed. I do not work in anything remotely IT so I'm not sure what the fix is but I know I'd love to see a little more accuracy for us all. I know that ranged Killers in particular have issues with seeing that something should have hit and it doesn't.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

It's the worst with Huntress. I got hit with a hatchet quite literally after I hopped a window and ran around a corner (again). Even that Huntress paused for a moment because she thought the chase would go on but I was downed.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

you were complaining about getting hit through pallets while also stunning the killer with one