Pallets Losing Purpose?

Options

Is it me or are pallets becoming less and less useful with each new killer? The game has been getting new killers that have the ability to bypass pallets. Nurse use to be the only one that can bypass pallets but now we have a lot of killers that can get around them with ease. As a built in defense survivors have pallets, vaults and blinding. New killers need to compete with swf teams so they create new killers to deal with that issue but make survivor defense mechanics obsolete in the process.

Does anyone else feel like maybe, just maybe there should be a new defense mechanic for survivors to replace pallets? Something more fun, survivors what do you think?

Comments

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

Most killers still stopping by pallets. And all killers have counterplays, except Spirit.

For example, Huntress. You need to push her to use m1 with run around one pallet. And when she tries m1 you, stun her and keep run. Pyramid Head, he can hit you behind wall and pallets. But shift + w will hurt him. Nurse, she rejects all survivor defends but you can juke her and you can outplay her with mindgames. All killers have different counterplays, you can not fight against them with same ways. If you try loop Trapper and Huntress with same way, possibly you will die.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

I’m fine with pallets currently. Pre dropping shouldn’t be completely safe.

Some maps have bad pallets spawns though like swamp while others have to many like Gideon

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,395
    edited May 2021
    Options

Feel like the hardest to use a pallet on would be spirit. Unless its a god pallet since ya never know where she is especially if your injured. I played like 5 games as stridor spirit yesterday and unless it was like shack i didnt have really a fear of pallets.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Demo breaks pallets, Oni breaks pallets with demon fury, D-slinger can pull you around if the loop is short enough, PH attacks through the pallet, Blight breaks the pallet, Victor can pounce, Trickster shoots over it, now Nemesis can break it.

Every newish killer has had a way to circumvent the protections that pallets provide. Not saying that's an issue, just noting the case.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,395
    Options

Um pallets are the main counter to oni though. You keep throwing them and using god windows to delay his first hit and keep him m1 killer as long as possible.

• velosinhooo
    velosinhooo Member Posts: 295
    Options

The pallets are getting no use, I agree, something other that I must say is that the pallet hitboxes are not getting stuns, everybody knows that, I am killer main and seems like each update there is another bug that just ignores pallets and even swing not to get stunned, I think they should start to work more at pallet hitboxes( not to say about Deathslinger and Huntresse`s hitboxes).

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,096
    Options

It just means you have to be smarter with pallet drops as there is more of a risk to bad pallet drops. The only killer in the game who 100% ignores pallets is Nurse and even then you can still get a pallet stun on a nurse forcing her into a double stun (pallet stun + fatigue stun).

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

Demo is m1 killer, you can dodge him so many times with fakes. You can push him to use m1. And then you can hurt him with shift + w. He can break pallets faster with him power but also that will give you time to go next loop area.

Deathslinger is strong but you can dodge him shots and he is slow. You can confuse him with L T walls. And also you can stun him. And if he catch you, he can not get you down if you are behind pallet. So pallets works againts him.

PH is so easy to dodge. Most times PHs attacking me with m1 because him power is really not so stong. You can dodge him so easyly when you get good against him. Also pallets will work on him, you can run around pallet and he have to break pallet with space with normal speed.

Blight is so op, i will give that.

Victor, he is good but when you dodge him attack you can punch him. And Victor leaves.

Trickster, if you trying loop him with pallet ofcourse he will hit you. Just drop pallet and run to behind wall. He will break pallet or he will walk around pallet, both choices will make him lose time. Trickster is so bad killer, i can not believe you are saying he is problem.

Oni, i think Oni needs nerf. He can get demon powers so fast and he never loses it because he can win it easyly. I think adding cooldown to him power will make Oni good.

• kingbojenbo
    kingbojenbo Member Posts: 130
    Options

That's exactly my point. Pallets don't gain you anymore time like they use to which is then negated by a killers speed. Breaking a pallet for a killer isn't as much of a problem as it use to be.

Agreed. Pallets continue to be an issue. Some of that could be optimization problems which is a big issue on console.

How is it on pc?

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited May 2021
    Options

These are welcome changes in play style. Now Survivors need to change tactics to suit the killer. Positioning and tile knowledge are becoming more important than simply running from one loop to the next.

Also you missed a tool of defense: STEALTH

• Pyramid_head_main
    Pyramid_head_main Member Posts: 25
    Options

I disagree on what you said about pyramid head you just need to guess where there going go and release punishment work's almost it's mostly about learning how survivors loop and taking advantage of that to catch them off guard, you can almost always get a hit through a pallet if you time it right with punishment that is

• ImpressionableTeen
    ImpressionableTeen Member Posts: 33
    Options

Killers MUST be able to play around pallets in some way. Never completely negate them obviously, but if every filler pallet took 15 seconds and pallet gyms 40 seconds CONSISTENTLY, game would be unplayable and very unfun for killer. Just play as m1 wraith and put an offering for meat plant and you'll see why it's necessary evil.

• velosinhooo
    Options
  • DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

They still have the same amount of time, maybe like a second less. So it's not an issue

• velosinhooo
    Options

Killers already have a way to play around pallets( wraith is just a bad killer my bro accept that), Killers like Spirit and Nurse , Nurses blink( you can just pass the pallets but needs a lot of training to max out) Spirit has her phase( that helps her just get the second hit in just a little time just ignoring pallet if you learn how to play as her Im Spirit main so I know the work it takes), Enduring( you can disrespect pallets all you want without being punished), Spirit Fury ( helps you disrespect pallets and then just ignore the breaking action( combos really well with the enduring) and finally Brutal Strength (helps you break pallets quicker), so you got that right? If you want to make the wraith the perfect example of killer you are really not getting anywhere.