Should there be lobby sounds to show what killer it is?

thog1
thog1 Member Posts: 10

What I mean by this is should there be a certain sound that plays in the lobby that tells the survivors what killer it is? I.E Doctor's Laugh, Huntresses' singing, or Blight's zombie like grunts.

Should there be lobby sounds to show what killer it is? 57 votes

This would need testing first.
3%
piggygooikthog1 2 votes
This is a decent idea
3%
MrsGhostfaceTrickstaaaaa 2 votes
This idea wouldn't work at all
92%
GibberishOnryosTapeRentalskodiakyBlueberryMiniPixelsTapeKnotDimek[Deleted User]TragicSolitudeAven_FallenTheRockstarKnightMrPenguinTaigaUistreelLazyPaydayGeneralVSebaOutbreakWarcrafter4IAmShadowZzzAwkward_Fiend 53 votes
Show Results
0%

Comments

• Gay_Police_Dept
    Gay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 743

We don't need more people dodging.

• Hex_AverageStudent
    Hex_AverageStudent Member Posts: 22

this is a horrible idea, especially for a killer. I'm a survivor main and sure I would love to know what killer I'm going up against, but this isn't very fair for the killer. imagine I hear air pump noises, I know it a spirit so I'll use - iron will & spine chill and this could completely counter her if played correctly, so I don't think we should EVER know what killer we are going up against after all playing killer is hard if your going up against good survivors, so just imagine if they knew what kind of killer they would be going up against.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092
    edited May 2021

I'm a SPIRIT MAIN

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

I don't feel like playing a stealth killer without being a secret for a little bit.

• RyRapsYT
    RyRapsYT Member Posts: 299

Lmao no. Any stealth killer would be screwed

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

This would Cripple killers like Michael/Legion pretty thoroughly as Michael relies on people not knowing its Michael to get out of tier 1/get a multi-hit Feral Frenzy early before survivors spread out knowing its Legion.

It also cripples set up killers such as Hag and Trapper to as they have to properly set up in time without survivors knowing stop/destroy the set up.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Nah.

The goal should be less information for both sides before the match and not more information. It is already enough that Killers can cherrypick their games, Survivors should not be able to do so as well.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Would ruin some killers. For example, if I hear a doc laughter then what's stopping me from just equipping Calm Spirit and denying him his power practically.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

Survivors have the ability to switch characters last minute, including the object they carry, so that gives them some sneakiness to catch the killer off-guard (e.g.: switching from toolbox to key).

If survivors knew the killer, then there would be builds being put in to deliberately mess that specific one up, people lobby-dodging and would be imbalanced in-so-that survivors would have a very strong advantage against the killer's power.

It's much better that the killer is not known to survivors until confronted during the trial (or spawned within the Huntress terror radius, as happened to me 2 nights ago!).

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,700

No way I love not knowing who the killer is.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687

Aside from making better killers often dodged, this has a slew of other problems.

Michael, Trapper, Wraith, Ghostface, and Hag all rely on the element of surprise for their early game. Hag and Wraith are gutted by Flashlights. Doctor would be countered by 4 Calm Spirits. Everybody would take off healing perks and medkits on Plague and maybe Legion. Every stealth killer would face Spine Chill. Killers would be sent to bad maps for them, Trapper on The Game for example.

This'd open up so much potential for survivors to edit their builds to completely tailor them to their current killer, that it'd be insanely strong and several killers would be basically removed from high rank games, such as Doctor. Not to mention that it removes part of the early game skill of trying to find out what killer it is and where they are, since you'll know half that info already.

• IAmShadowZzz
    IAmShadowZzz Member Posts: 43

Not only would it ruin the element of surprise, but it would make the killer too easy to counter. As survivors would be able to change their perks and items to counter the killer accordingly.