STOP MAKING CHALLENGES THAT ENCOURAGE TOXIC PLAY

Seriously, there are two Master challenges in this tome that warrant this post.

Scourge of the Plague: This challenge basically encourages camping, since you have to hit two survivors with a single Corrupt Purge twice. The only way I was able to do this was stand in front of a hooked survivor and wait for an unhook to hit both of them. Even then I only got it because the survivors took pity on me at the end.

Fear is your Weapon: Again, its the "Do this two times in one trial" that makes this frustrating. Once I could see, but unless you're running an incredibly specific build you would need to slug survivors so much to get this done.

I've also seen other discussions on reddit and on here about the Left Behind challenge, but the Plague missions this level are really obnoxious.

Comments

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I can understand the Scourge of the Plague because that's the only way to get it done at high skill levels.

However Fear is Your Weapon might as well just say: "Play one game as Michael Myers Or The Oni."

As both of those killers naturally complete the challenge in a normal game as Infecious fright is a meta perk on both.

Plus they are snowball killers so they naturally try to down two people within their power windows and guess what Michael's window is the same one minute the challenge asks of you.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,690
    edited May 2021

Fear is your weapons is like 1 game on a strong snowball killer without playing any differently. Just play blight with ring or oni (or nurse if you're good enough at her) and throw this perk on them its great on them anyways.

The other challenge is dumb though, I just did it by farming.

• Saltjar34
    Saltjar34 Member Posts: 766

I think there was one challenge where you need to unhook your unhooker. Wasn't that the one that led to farming?

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588

There is one challenge that you have to unhook 2 survivors in the killer's terror radius while using BT. This is annoying because its encouraging survivors to farm one another. Then te killer will probably tunnel and it wont be fun

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593

Thank you someone says it it's the same with that damn left behind perk so many matches of survivors bringing a key and leaving mid match leaving us all to die, what did they think was going to happen that they would do all gens then leave no they'll throw the match just to get what they want.

• Kate_Main_01
    Kate_Main_01 Member Posts: 504

I fully second this.

Gnome Chompski was so frustrating as it encouraged slugging a Survivor during EGC. I haven't encountered this in a week and a half or so but there were two days where I had multiple Killers slug me instead of hooking for the 4k so that they could run all over the map to find the gnome.

Then there are both Killer and Survivor challenges which are so specific they encourage poor sportsmanship. I really like the challenges which encourage different gameplay like using a specific perk or depleting a certain number of health kits or whatnot. But there are some - like the Dark Sense challenge (finish 4 gens in one round using Dark Sense), Blood Debt (unhook someone who unhooked you earlier in the round), or the Left Behind one mentioned in a previous post - which basically require a SWF and a round wasting degree of farming to complete. I wish they would stop using those in each Rift.

• Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 221
    edited May 2021

"Fear is your Weapon" was easy, well, if you are prepared to lose a few games. You can actually finish this one by downing three survivors with no more than 60 seconds in-between, because the second down will count as the first down compared to the third one. Or in other words: 1-2 and 2-3 count separately. The key to this is as easy as it is effective: NOED. Even if you don't manage to pull it off during the midgame, you can either get your three downs during the endgame, or you get pity hits at the exit. It took me all but three tries.

"Scourge of The Purge" is BS. Screw that one. My inner Mr. Monk is weeping, but I won't 100% this tome.

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550

I did Fear is your Weapon with Bubba on first try and I M1'd the first one. 60 seconds is a long time. The other one I had to camp. To do that one playing normally the stars need to align.