Would Classic Freddy have been too powerful for the entity to handle?

Options
MeltingPenguins
MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,743

Something just occurred to me. (others might have noticed it before, too)

Classic Freddy, compared to the 2010 version was able to traverse realities, not just the dreamworld.

is that an in-universe reason why the entity picked 'new' freddy?

Comments

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,782
    Options

He may have been powerful, but he isn't godlike such as the entity.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

The classic freddy could be said that it was more powerful than the one in the remake, it was more experienced and could distort reality when I fight with Freddy's father, as he is a very powerful being I doubt and I have the theory that it could be a monster similar to those of Silent Hill, it would be expressed in Freddy Dead's

• Khorzad
    Khorzad Member Posts: 143
    Options

Classic Freddy also varied a lot in power, depending on the souls that he had, but besides powers up like the Necronomicon in the comic, he never reaches “godlike” levels like the entity. So I think the Entity could still change its powers like it did with the Remake version

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 545
    Options

I was operating under the impression that Robert Englund's Freddy literally isn't real in universe. Wasn't there a meta movie about how the og movies were a seal that kept a demon from killing people? Every time a new movie was made that was the seal being redone?

The movie where Robert Englund plays himself and the Freddy demon has a heckin neat looking trench coat.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

The Entity is literally a god so I guess no

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

The entity would have to manage both Freddy and the Dream Demons who give him his power. The Deadites from Evil Dead apparently know about the place and can go there with incantation, I imagine any lore reason could be satisfied simply by Freddy choosing to go to the place like Michael did

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

The entity is a God and Freddy is just a demon, I think the answer is pretty clear.