Whats with the DeadHard nerf threads?

Options
grayon444
grayon444 Member Posts: 757

Did someone figure out some super op dh technique that i have missed?

What is with all the sudden "DeadHard nerf" threads?

Comments

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

It's the never ending cycle of nerf this or that for both sides, some are less noticable as something else is talked about more. Once a change is made they move on to the next thing.

For survivor it was DS over DH. After the DS change DH took its place for top spot.

The same happened with Freddy and Spirit. There were more Freddy posts until the announced changed but Spirit was always posted about.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989
    Options

One side will never be happy until they can happily stomp the other with no effort. One thing gets nerfed and something else becomes the target of the week.

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757
    Options

So?

You still need to down the survivor even if he has or doesnt have DeadHard.He will probably loop you too, ragardless.

DH for reach is annoying but not OP.

• aliquis
    aliquis Member Posts: 82
    edited May 2021
    Options

Without dh you know you will need to catch the surv 2 times. Already, a good surv is not easy to get 2 times. With dh you wont get him the 2 nd time becaus he will use dh for extra distance to get to a vault/ pallet, but of course only when he needs it(if the killer would catch him a 2nd time) So having to catch a surv 2 vs 3 times is quite significant time difference.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
    edited May 2021
    Options

Because ds is nerfed and now they will go for dh and than who knows they won't stop until survs have most useless perks in game surprisingly no-one complains about killer powerful perks or combos because as u know this killer main based forum and they're not crazy to ask for own nerf even tho they know it's powerful enough because it's easier to stomp other side for no reason. there you go

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
    Options

99% of survs perks are trash. They killed MoM. DS, BL, LB, OoO, so now it’s time to ask for nerfs for DH and BT. Killers want you to use deja vu or boil over

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

No killers are asking for BT nerfs. I fully support BT, as well as current DS.

MoM was broken. The entire community almost was united on that, as was OoO in most circumstances. BL was overtuned, and Lucky Break? 90 seconds? It was busted. Even some of the most survivor sided killer mains out there shared these sentiments. There's a difference between good perks, and having second chances handed to you on a silver platter with every single perk. Old DS did, and DH does.

• aliquis
    edited May 2021
    Options

Why do some people always try to make this an killer vs survivor argument. A lot of us play both roles and only want what they think is best for the game. I play both killer and survivor, and would like adjustments on both sides: high on the survivor priority list for me is a key/hatch rework (is happening) and a DH and iron will nerf. But i also want a noed rework/nerf, bloodlust (tier2 and above) removed, spirit nerf, and more perks for killer that encourage/reward them to play the 12 hook game.

And i would think that with the change they made to DS, i think it would be good for the game if you could use DS 2 times (since it only works against hard tunneling now anyway) So the people that call for a DH nerf are not just some killer mains that want a easy game.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

You only have to look at half the posts in any thread like this to realise 90% of the players here only play one side religously and don't have the slightest clue about how the other side plays or how to look at balance from both sides.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529
    Options

I guess you see more of them because DS got nerfed so they move to the next perk in line. Similarly survivors started complaining more about spirit as Freddy got toned down a bit. It's never ending cycle.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529
    Options

I guess problem problem with DH is that best of the best survivors nearly always run DH. Deadhard used correctly is third hit for a survivor. Downing good survivors is already very difficult and once you add second chance perks with non existent requirements it can become issue. Still dead hard is one of those perks that are hard to balance without making it useless.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Personally, I'm of the opinion that they should remove it's invulnerability so that it's just an on-command dash. Suddenly it can't counter powers or mindgames, and is about as annoying as Sprint Burst.

• aliquis
    edited May 2021
    Options

It is how it should be, I remember when undying with blight went live. Oh boy oh boy, even with weak mobile killers, like legion, i could 4k very capable survivors (they looped and did gens all the time, and it was a struggle still). Old undying was busted, people complained rightfully so and it got nerfed (it is still used for mobile killers that spread pressure).

I dont think there is such a thing as perfect balance, but some things are obviously busted( as a killer i am in shock when i play spirit and compare it with the other killers, i can "outplay" almost all tiles against strong survivors with her power that i would need to work hard with mindgames and waste a lot of time with other killers) Same with Deadhard, it is so strong, everyone and their dog knows it. The killer that suffer the most against DH are the weakest ones. They should not nerf to the ground, but make some adjustment. Or another thing , new coldwind farm reworks, cowshed and rotten field comes to mind, the amount of strong tiles (T L, Gyms, and save pallets is a joke when you play a weaker killer), need a rework too.

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705
    Options

Dead Hard isn't a problem. Never has been; I'd rather see it than Lithe or Spring Burst.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Because the way people use it is to use it to get to a pallet or window after the killer did a successful skillful mind game. Iron Will may be my least favorite survivor perk to go against but Dead Hard is the most unhealthy survivor perk imo.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Options

I always hate this argument. No, not every Survivor Perk is trash. Wanna know why I think this? I use perks that are considered "trash" in almost every single one of my matches. You don't need meta to win as a Survivor.

Most of the perks you named here got changed because they created a bullshit scenario.

They killed MoM because it was quite literally a free extra hit to waste even more time and make up for even more mistakes. It also didn't help that it made bad M1 Killers worse and good Killers better (especially since Nurse's Blink Attacks for whatever reason didn't count towards MoM).

They nerfed DS (it's still perfectly useful BTW) because it, especially paired with Unbreakable, created situations where either you eat a DS and each Survivor gets to waste incredible amounts of time with not only >15 meters of guaranteed distance but also a 5-second stun each, or you slug them and then they just get up or someone else picks them up and then they just do a gen (possibly still having DS up too).

They nerfed Balanced Landing because of two reasons. One, it had an unfair advantage over every other Exhaustion perk, by having a use while Exhausted. Two, it made maps like Haddonfield and Badham become near infinites (even though these maps are still problematic) and still is incredibly good on some maps while being awful on others.

They nerfed Lucky Break because, let's be honest, being able to escape like 5 chases for free is ######### stupid. It got buffed in the Resident Evil PTB, by the way, where it's now 60 seconds instead of 45 (unnecessary buff, the perk's still insanely good even before the buff).

They reworked Object Of Obsession because it was too good in Survive With Friends and required a full build and playstyle to be made around it most of the time. It also made one of the weakest Killers in the game, Trapper, pretty much pointless when you had it, along with Hag.

Borrowed Time is probably the most balanced meta perk, even if I hate the playstyle it can promote where Survivors just bomb the hook for free safe unhooks.

Dead Hard is a problem. It either is useless if used wrong or completely stupid if used right. I don't want to get into it too much, because this post is already long, but the basic rundown is that it creates unfair situations and pretty much counters everything that a Killer can do. Chase power? Dead Hard. Sneaking up on you? Dead Hard. You failed to predict a double back or ran into the wall? Dead Hard.

It needs an entire rework, not necessarily a nerf. It's overall worse than Sprint Burst anyways.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
    Options
  • CoalTower
    Options
  • Gladonos
    Gladonos Member Posts: 392
    Options

...So you wants Keys/DH/IW nerfed. ...But don't worry because you also want a perk that good killers never use nerfed, a killer that I play, enjoy and don't think is OP at all nerfed and a bunch of buffs for killer so that 4k becomes the new standard. You can't even make this ######### up... Not surprised coming from the same forum where I saw a guy arguing that Red Herring is a good perk or all those people who think Counterforce deletes killer totems from the game.

Survivor perks suck. I run DH and BT and half the time the last 2 slots are filled by whatever I feel like at the moment because it barely even makes a difference. People think IW is OP I guess, but ehhh? Just run Stridor, although I admit that is difficult and easier said then done when you have so many good perks to choose from... ;)

• LeleLP
    LeleLP Member Posts: 153
    Options

Because survivors using it to get to a window or pallet or recovering from a mistake is a not allowed move.

• aliquis
    edited May 2021
    Options

Survivor perks suck ? DH, IW, SB, UB, BT just to name a few, are insanely strong. There are countless others too. ?

When i read posts like yours, i wonder, are you serious or just a troll? What level do you play, green ranks ?

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Killers hate Dead Hard because they've had bad experiences with it on survivor-sided maps.

• Gladonos
    edited May 2021
    Options

3/5 of the perks you mentioned I already talked about. Unbreakable does nothing unless you get slugged which I never do. SB can't be used with Dead Hard.

Oh btw no I am red rank. Of coarse now watch you shift the goalpost to "rank means nothing."

• aliquis
    Options

Your argument is that survivor in general, and DH, should not be nerfed, because survivor perks suck. That is not true, i listed 5 very strong perks, there are plenty more that are good, some in combination (spine chill with resilience for example to make a vault build).

You either have no idea what you are talking about or are a troll.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

While I agree with you, nerfing everything on both sides is not the correct course of action IMO. This game should take some notes from games like Supersmash bros and for honor, bring balance by buffing things at the bottom and only slightly tweak the things at the top.

• Gladonos
    Options

All the perks you mention killers wanna nerf lol. Except unbreakable which I don't think is that great.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,998
    Options

my issue with dead hard is he frame drops it can cause on castle thats more of a game issue than anything else

• CoalTower
    Options

It doesn't drop my frames. My problem with it is that it's insanely strong with no skill requirements. If it took skill, I'd have no issue with it.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,998
    Options

what do you play on. I'm on console and like the first time it actiavtes each match there's a frame drop

• DangerScouse
    edited February 21
    Options
  • Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Well. DH needs to have the invulnerability addressed, I mean DH is meant to be used to avoid a hit by boosting the survivor forward, now if a survivor literally runs through you then it deserves to get down... the same goes with trapper traps... it's not fair that a survivor can dead hard toward your traps... I mean, traps are literally the only resource a Trapper has and they end being negated by a perk.

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804
    Options

Decisive Strike got nerfed and Lucky Break ended up not being as OP as people expected. Now people are making fun of Dead hard for being 'Press E to win.'

If they get their way and nerf dead hard to the ground people will start begging for Iron Will to be nerfed for 'Countering me without doing anything.'

Then after that it'll probably be Unbreakable or Borrowed time.

• DangerScouse
    Options

Well. You could argue the whole game is clicking buttons. No skill in any of it really.

• DangerScouse
    Options

Only if you get baited into trying to hit them just before they activate. Most I come across panic and hit the button to extend the chase before I down them by what? 2 seconds? Therefore I don't see it as a big issue.

• DangerScouse
    Options