Sore Ankles 6th time or so rant

Smashen
Smashen Member Posts: 85

Why is this challenge so hard to get. I triggered Balanced Landing thrice in one match and got absolutely no progress on this challenge... every Rift we get this "wonderful" challenge and everytime it's such a chore to get it,

Comments

• Smashen
    Smashen Member Posts: 85

Of course while in a chase*

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

It's such a bizarre challenge. It'd be much simpler if it activated on every drop large enough to stagger your character, and not just ones above some arbitrary height.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

I think the trigger for the challenge is the stagger. It doesn't work with BL.

Go bhvr.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

Bad challenge design.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Haddonfield-Buildings are enough for this Challenge. Just saying, not giving you any ideas, but those work.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

If you haven't already do a different challenge then go back - challenges this rift have been pretty buggy not going through until you change them then go back.

Chase challenges are always a pain to me. Just the timing of the game deciding the chase has started/ended. So many times I've missed out on things in a chase because I did whatever before the game acknowledged I was in a chase or the chase ended just as I did whatever.

• Archon
    Archon Member Posts: 43

I didnt have too much trouble with that one, i probably got lucky.

Not, hit 2 people with 1 vile purge, twice in a match.....that is giving me issues

• Opossum_Supremacy
    Opossum_Supremacy Member Posts: 35

Can attest to this, I did it on Haddonfield. Just dropped and ran back inside and dropped as needed till I got it. Guaranteed I was downed but knocked it out first try.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

My standby is to play an offering for the Saloon and then tend to the gens on elevated platforms. Jumping off either the saloon or the scaffold with Balanced has done it for me every time.

I've heard other people say that dropping between floors on The Game can do it, too.

But, I agree, this is one of those challenges where it's not clear what the conditions actually are, and that's annoying.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I think part of the issues is on maps like Hawkins there's a good chance that you'd get out of the chase before you hit the bottom(When it counts I am guessing) meaning you won't qualify for the challenge.

So I believe the chase requirement is probably the issue as a lot of the good long falls breaks chases.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

It did for me. I never do these dumb "Fall from great height" challenges without using Balanced Landing cause I hate the stagger.