Survivors in desperate need of a major rework or buffs

Sluzzy
Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I can hardly bring myself to play or enjoy survivor anymore. Every match is an all-out bloodbath.

Today I decided to play this game and relax, as survivor. Out of 5 matches this evening, 4 are sweaty hardcore huntresses. No matter how hard you try, there is no avoiding the hatchets and your entire team is on their belly. 5 hatchets is simply way too many with no cooldowns between throws. The fact this killer was not nerfed blows my actual mind.

Do the devs realize how much this killer is spammed? Apparently they are ignoring stats. Fairness not important here?

Then another killer. Fill in the blanks. A wipeout at 4 gens still up. Eventually everyone gave up.

I think it is obvious at this point balance is an after-thought. The survivor objective is way too difficult compared to the killer objective. This issue is compounded heavily by the fact killer perks removes objective progress from the survivor side and aura perks do the job for killer. The killer perks are way too oppressive and overpowered.

There is not enough survivor defenses on the map. It is too easy for killers to track survivors. Maps have too many deadzones, there is not enough fog anymore, and killers can see right through any foliage on the maps.

If you are not going to give survivors ways to defend against the killer, at least make the maps have opportunity to easily stealth. Ideally, both should be an option. Right now neither exists. Removing stealth, adding in aura perks, making maps brighter, removing pallets, making maps smaller, have all made the game all lopsided in favor of killer. It doesn't help survivors have been nerfed non-stop 5 years in a row. I would say the game is now broken in favor of killer. It's borderline unplayable. If you win as survivor, it is because the killer let you win.

Reverse course for a change, buff survivors and make the game fair. Killers shouldn't default winning all the time.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

We need to give survivors more options for their meta perks. One deadhard is too little and unreliable.

Borrowed time is too easy to counter, just wait for 12 seconds & it's gone.

Unbreakable can only be used once per match, the killer can just slug me right away & then it's as if I never got up.

What other meta perks am I missing, I can't remember any more because of how forgettable and unreliable they are.

Oh yeah, decisive strike doesn't even work anymore. I do anything and it just breaks. Please fix it, thanks.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Well at least you have killer role when you can't handle Survivor anymore.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

While once again, I can't take you seriously because you overgeneralize and overblow everything to fit either your agenda or because you just want attention, I am all for Survivor's getting some sort of buffs.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

you and I have very different survivor experiences. 10/10 matches survived. I'm going to assume your in red ranks.

• NomiNomad

No, and I normally don't, but I do actually feel like Survivor could use a few QoL buffs.

Other than that, there is literally no point in talking to Sluzzy. They are either here for attention, or they're so entitled and don't want any actual discussion, they just want to shout their opinion and not listen to anything the other side may say.

Then again, that's how most of this forum is, Sluzzy is just one of the worst ones on this damn site.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I'm relatively new here still so maybe someone can educate me: Why is Sluzzy considered a troll and everything he or she says "bait"? I'm not saying it's not. I'm also not saying it is. I'm just saying that in the few months that I've been here I've noticed a more or less consistent pattern of topics and areas of concern, with nothing that strikes me as outrageously trollish, like "Spirit is the easiest killer in the game, you guys are all just terrible" or "I can't wait for the new RE DLC, I guarantee you that it will be Marguerite Baker, Ada Wong, and Sherry Birkin". Can someone tell me why this user has a reputation as a baiter? I'd just like to be educated.

On the second issue, I can only express surprise that so many people (way more than Sluzzy) have expressed concern about the size of Huntress' hatchets. I've seen their collision boxes referred to as the size of refrigerators, dumpsters, and even Buicks, lol. Maybe it's luck, maybe it's one of my few hidden skills in this game, but I don't understand where all of this is coming from. This is a video of me playing the game within my first few weeks of owning it, back in late March, and I'm able to get away from those things even though they're basically flying so close they're giving Dwight a shave. I'm nor bragging - I plenty suck at some things in this game - but is what's in this video especially unusual or something? Did I just get crazy lucky here?

• velosinhooo
    velosinhooo Member Posts: 295

Playing soloqueue doesnt count, I wanted to see you say that as a killer main going against that guys that put the killer shack hatch offering and key when the clock hits 6 seconds missing, the game is really survivor sided not to start by talking about the SWF Key teams that are usually salty as hell and just think that they are the best players of the game because they could escape with a key, if you are struggling at soloqueue we need to fix the matchmaking not a buff to survivor that are gonna abuse that on coordinated teams genrushing the ######### out of the gen and bringing keys to the match.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

Do they really need buffs the only buff like thing I want is this reverted from patch 3.00

• velosinhooo
    velosinhooo Member Posts: 295

Not to say that you think that huntress is op, she has a rocket launcher hitbox I agree, but she is one of the worst map control killer and if you are struggling to get 1 gen done or your tem is killing you or you just had a bad match and thinks that hunstress is the best killer in the world and the game is killer main by all sides( wich is absolutely not).

• GargledFire
    GargledFire Member Posts: 83

Most people don't even pay attention to what they are doing to survivors. It's just becoming based around rank 10 players having a 50/50 chance of escaping, while anyone above or below is screwed. It's not about them keeping broken things in the game for survivor and killer, it's about what they remove from survivor while permitting it from killer because "Killer is hard".

They remove pallet vacuums, but keep killer hit vacuum(auto aim) in the game without a working hit detection system.

They remove infinite loops, but promote killers standing at hooked survivors infinitely.

They gut movement and make it easy for killers to get hits around corners, in 360s, and through pallets.

They gut toolboxes but allow slowdown perk stacking.

They replace most good loops with crappy filler tiles that only protect you from basic m1 killers 50% of the time.

They balance the maps around killers who only m1, so when you get a killer that is stronger the map can be broken in killers favor with little skill on their part.

Good killer perks make the game easier or require less thought, while good survivor perks are what are necessary to prevent dying to thoughtless tactics like tunneling off hook or being slugged on the ground for 4 minutes.

Now killers need AI to help them win too, insane slippery slope the games went down imo. I remember when killers had to work for their kills, now all they care about is the win screen and not how they got it.

• ouroboros_world
    ouroboros_world Member Posts: 215

Ikr killer is way too ez, dead hard should be based kit. I feel bad for all the red rank swf I stomp with trickster with only spies from the shadow. /s

• miketheratguy

Gotcha. Thank you for that background.

I agree, it does seem to me like dodging hatches is often a breeze, I barely even try, but then other times it's like "well that building sure came around the corner pretty fast".

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383
    edited June 2021

I'm here from the release of this game and the community was always like that. Forums are dominated by killers and whenever they see a pro-survivor post they flood it with "this is a bait", "troll post" replies. That's their childish way of attacking anything that doesn't fit their view on this game. They are actually the real trolls.

• miketheratguy

I try not to pick sides, or, if I'm being honest, I would say that from my impression the killer mains are more defensive and sarcastic whereas the survivor mains seem to do the most complaining overall.

To each their own, I don't have a dog in the fight. I've just sometimes found myself thinking "this guy made a fair point, why is everyone slamming it as "bait"? But sometimes one's reputation precedes oneself. I haven't been here to see all the drama (which is why I asked. :P)

• NomiNomad

You're welcome. I have no idea what to think about Sluzzy, so I just don't take the topics too seriously.

Yeah, that's Huntress. I can't tell you how many times I have seen the Hatchet hit me from meters away, and other times literally see the Hatchet go through me.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I like how your posts became more and more dramatic over time

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,843

I’d like more fog and darker maps. Also less dead zones.

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383

If you consider the fact that your chance of escaping from a solo q game is about 1-2 games out of 10, it's logically that survivors will complain. Were you on steam forums when it was flooded with killer complains? Killers were making strikes - refusing to play for days, making petitions, flooding forums and live streams with complains. Now that escape rate is far under 50%, they feel very comfortable to troll all pro-survivor posts. But solo q is now unplayable, it's a fact.

• Sluzzy

100% Agree. The insane killrates at the top are thrown out.

I would like to point out that all of this and blood lust still exists. Infinites are gone yet blood lust still exists. So much for outplaying the killer, here's a little speed boost to help the killer out. You can be completely vaulted over a pallet and still get hit.

I legit saw a killer use 4 slowdown perks today.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Unplayable? Lmao I play solo q to relax and chill and get rank 1 without sweat. Dunno what you guys talking about.

Escape is a win for you? I usually pip even after dying so I don't really mind. Killer needs 3 kills to pip, while survivor can just die and pip as well...maybe try to change that first?

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368

Dude, respecting the opposition early enough for surv is a guessing game. Especially if you're playing solo-q. The new Nemesis perk (can't remember what it is) could take away the strongest surv advantage - beginning game. If survs don't get 2-3 gens before the first down, ######### gets really dodgey.

• Sluzzy

I think that is because playing cautiously is not rewarding enough. It's negated with BBQ, Infectious Freight, and so many aura perks, it's ingrained that stealth does no good. It's amazing how well a killer knows where everyone is at all times.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I’m not talking about avoiding doing gens. Just be smart about it. A survivor staying on a gen against a killer with a 32m TR, but still waiting till the killer is almost on top of them is stupid.

Next thing the team knows, the killer has snowballed.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

So you played a few matches and came up with great conclusions and accused the devs of ignoring stats.

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

Oh nice!!! Yeah, red ranks. Do you play SWF or solo que? I know that can make a difference. I only play solo

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

In all seriousness, if we are going to keep buffing killers into speed sluggers, the least they could do is give us in game comms. That would be a good place to start.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited June 2021

Laughs in Badham Preschool with every loop being chainable it seems

• WishIcouldmain
    edited June 2021

Laughs in dark Autohaven and billion chainable loops of Badham

• WishIcouldmain

While the DS nerf was necessary they should definitely buff other perks and bring some new meta they did over nerf Lucky Break and should be brought up to 60 seconds

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,625

Precisely. Badham was already difficult for killers, and The Realm Beyond made it all worse.

• WishIcouldmain

Sluzzy has hardcore survivor posts with most being overblown with some good points here and there. She's made posts like Huntress and BBQ are OP. So definitely a survivor main based on her posts.

• WishIcouldmain

And chuckles in Father Campbells Chapel, Gas Heaven, Game, and Groaning Storehouse.

• GeneralV

Yes, a hundred times yes! You know what? Laughs in every single reworked map. The Realm Beyond is a monster, it destroys everything we love while failing to address actual issues.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I love that you still genuinely think there's no cooldown between hatchet throws. Apparently she can just machine gun like Trickter. I hear tales that the really good Huntress mains never even used Iri Head build because they didn't see the point what with the literal instadowns she has built in.

No cooldown, no way of avoiding hatchets... You really do like to complain about the dumbest things. Maybe we should let STBFL work with hatchets, since there's clearly no ######### cooldown to minimise.

You need to do something that isn't quitting on your solo teammates. Maybe try to actually play the game the way it's supposed to be played, or just VPN down here in the AU evenings. No Nurse or Spirit either, you're not going against tournament squads, just ######### good teams that know how to do gens.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759

slozzy posts have been lacking innovation as of recently

• GeneralV

I don't think so. The new visuals are hardly an improvement, in my opinion, and if there is one map which demonstrates that it is Disturbed Ward. If we look at its original version:

It looks perfect. I quote a fellow Forum member when I say this: " a beautiful place to get murdered at". The new one looks like an empty wasteland. And the same goes for every map.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    edited June 2021

You are telling me that the new coldwind farm is balanced?

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

and apparently you can see through the foliage easily

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

This is the problem with SWF and solo queue being separate games