Don’t know what killer to main

Options

Been playing the game for about 2 years and I’m still having a bit of an identity crisis as to which killer to main. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• KoboldsInATrenchcoat
    KoboldsInATrenchcoat Member Posts: 22
    Options

Shoot I forgot about that sorry, like the moment I make this damn post I realize I didn’t put that in. I usually like the stealth oriented types and have taken a liking to hit and run play styles

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,990
    Options
  • Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Try wraith or Ghostface if that’s your style. Pig could work but she’s quite weak

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

Wraith or Ghostface will be good for you. If you wanna sweaty games GF but Wraith is stronger.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

From what you said, definitely Wraith or Ghost Face. You could probably main both honestly.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

It's easily Wraith. Even Hag, although less stealthy.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

As others have said, Wraith or Ghostface is definitely your pick here. If I were you, I'd slap Nurses Calling onto one of them because then you'll eventually start to get some value out of hit-and-run if all they're doing is healing. If not, one health state it is!

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,225
    Options

You would've liked Old Freddy, if he was around. Since he isn't, Wraith or Ghostface are the best picks for you.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
    Options

Nurse or Blight. Powerful, fun to play, and you get respect from other players if you get really good with them.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

No need to main any one killer.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378
    Options

Gigachads play Trapper in Red Ranks

• Dodgingbears
    Dodgingbears Member Posts: 252
    Options

Trapper and Clown.

But on a serious note - meyers and pig are viable options, wraith and spirit if you want to be a bit more sweaty. Huntress and slinger are great for chase. you can use perks to make almost every killer much stealthier like monitor, tinkerer, etc. Huntress is not stealthy, but a ton of fun with high skill cap in chase. demo can be tons of fun in chase and portals and addons make him very stealthy. It sounds like you are a mid level killer so it probably doesnt matter what you play as long as you have fun with it. I play demo and meyers in red ranks and people think them weak. Same with doc and wraith. I enjoy all killers to be honest minus pig, but I hate saw so I just dont give a crap about her.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,153
    Options

Since you said you liked stealth and hit and run, definitely wraith.

I like to use a build of:

• BBQ/Thrilling (BBQ if i need bloodpoints)
    • Surge (don't waste time kicking gens)
    • Ruin (for that early game delay)
    • Sloppy Butcher (for healing to take longer)

You could swap out ruin or surge for Nurses, by i usually run the All-seeing addon so i don't need nurses most of the time.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

You don't have to main a killer. I play all the killers myself and if someone asked I would say I'm a Blight main, but in reality he is not even in my top 3 most played in the last few days. Just play a variety of them and have fun.

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
    Options

Play trickster we need one that installs fear like nurse and spirit 😊

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,553
    Options

If you really like the hit and run type of gameplay (as do I), I'd also add Legion to the list. I main both them and Wraith and mostly swap between the two depending on my mood...I've been playing a lot more of Legion in recent weeks though and have had fun using Frenzy to hit a survivor then head off for the next survivor, and it's also pretty fun to vault over pallets as a killer ngl.

It also helps that they have some of my favourite cosmetics as well :)

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

What does it even mean to "main"?

Just play whichever based on your current mood.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

I don’t know. Her traps are decent but very RNG and map dependent her stealth is the worst of all stealth killers due to her slower speed and her dash attack can only work at short loops where wraith has her beat anyway.

All of this is with her best add ons too

• Pyramid_head_main
    Pyramid_head_main Member Posts: 25
    Options

Pick whatever killer your the most comfortable/confident playing and try to play only them for a day or two to see if they get boring after a while, Also look at their power in different ways to find out the best way to use it

• Pyramid_head_main
    Pyramid_head_main Member Posts: 25
    Options

I completely agree with the fact that you play whoever you Enjoy the most and what you said about not worrying about them being top tier how I see it any killer can be top tier if they are played by the right person

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628
    Options

Wraith and Myers are fun to play. They both have wall hack add ons which is fun.

I enjoy Doctor, Wraith and Myers most personally.

• KoboldsInATrenchcoat
    KoboldsInATrenchcoat Member Posts: 22
    Options

Well I finally decided on which killer to main and that is Wraith, thanks for everyone’s input to help me finally make a bloody decision

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

She is weak. One of the weaker killers atm, definitely in need of a rework.

her RBTs are completely reliant on RNG and her ambush is weak. Even the Wraith's post-cloak lunge range is far better than her dash attack. And that is all she has.

But then again it is important to play killers you have fun with.

• Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683
    Options

Yeah if you like stealthy hit and run ambush style gameplay, definitely go Wraith, Ghostface, or Pig since that's pretty much their whole kit right there.

Although if you really want to get under people's skin, I believe Scratch Mirror Myers works too in regards to being stealthy. Or, if you really REALLY want to piss people off and get extreme levels of sodium overload, you could just use the Insidious perk and roll a stealth Bubba XD

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,027
    edited June 2021
    Options

I think when the community calls Pig weak, it's more so because modern killer power design has strayed away from the design of killer powers made in her era, where you guys didn't focus on giving every killer some form of a reliable chasing tool/efficient stealth. Look to original Doctor when he had no stun AND before his rework, original Hag, original Bubba, original Freddy, etc. The fact that her ambush doesn't begin to compare to the majority of the cast's chasing abilities, and that her stealth significantly slows her movement speed, is why she's viewed as a lower-tier killer. Pig has one of the least intimidating 1v1s in the game, if not the least, but she does have quite the 4v1 if you have a weak link or two in a game.

We all know her traps are effective, and that's why she's up there in your kill rate statistics. Solo queue teams are already very disorganized and not very challenging to beat, and her traps basically double that discoordination. Even if you've got 2 extremely good survivors in a game, Pig targeting the other 2 weaker links and ignoring those better survivors allows her to massively slow down the game for the whole team, which can snowball into a win because you simply can't handle losing 2 teammates for a good amount of the match no matter how good you are. I suspect this is the reason why she's, according to you, effective against low and higher-skilled survivors compared to other killers.

With MMR being introduced, and it being more likely that you're going to have 4 solid survivors in one game, I do wonder if this will change.

• Avignon
    Avignon Member Posts: 133
    Options

Nooooooo Pig isn't weak, pig is RANDOM. Roll and dice and she's anything from SSS to F tier. Especially lovely when you you're running timer + crate and people get their traps off on the first box.... maybe an consider an addon pass where the first 1 (green), 2 (purple) boxes allways fail to remove the trap.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

They would have to re-do how her RBTs work if they were to make add-ons like that. Because the way it works is your box that unlocks the trap is determined randomly when you get a trap put on your head. It's not a random chance at each box, the "key" to the trap is either in that box or it isn't.

I personally think it should be a progress bar of some kind, each box giving you a % towards taking it off (probably between 40% and 55% per box). So you're always gonna be searching more than one box, and only sometimes searching up to 3 boxes.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Why do you need a "main" one killer? Just play and be happy.